"Guess Who" Drabble Challenge

You asked and we answered! (Eventually!) Create short fan fiction drabbles, ficlets and songfics in threads, post comments and discussion!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: "Guess Who" Drabble Challenge

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:43 pm

I do Cogito here's the links... I've admitted to cheating before. I don't need them with VOY or TNG, but ENT and I have issues, but I can't talk about that. http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Enterprise http://www.chakoteya.net/Enterprise/episodes.htm

Hey who forgot to give Cogito the link list as part of the welcome package? Allison you should use them too.

Now because my insomnia kicked my rear and it is now 7:43 am I am going to crash!

But nobody take my turn! :-p
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

AllisonPetra
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby AllisonPetra » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:07 pm

That’s it Cogito. It is the E2 Episode.

To me her encounter with Trip at the beginning of the episode, where she says “I’m fine”, shows that she is working hard to keep her emotions in check. It must be torture getting through the day without losing it.

I thought Trip’s comments (and that neck swivel when he stomped out) could have pushed her closer the edge. Here she’s trying to keep her cool, and focus on the mission, but he’s telling her about building a palm tree in Cargo Bay 3.

Older T’Pol confirms what she fears, and her hopes, about Trip. She is appalled yes, but also comforted by the older Vulcan’s words. T’Pol has feelings for Trip, but can’t see a future with him – she’s trapped. Older T’Pol let’s her know she can hope. He is an outlet for her, an escape from her torture.

WarpGirl: Thanks for the links!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:25 pm

Why you're very welcome! :D I'm sorry I have to nit-pick a little, just a small one and I don't mean any harm. But I don't like Trip being an "outlet" it makes me so mad! Sorry I'll stop now. I just.... It's not you Allison like I said ENT and I have issues.

Okay got about 2 hours of usable sleep, I have an idea for a drabble so I'll get cracking.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:58 pm

Ok now remember I'm sleep deprived but hopefully it makes some coherent sense. The narrator is musing again, this time about 3 people. And it references a couple of episodes, BUT only two are important because it's set during them. It shouldn't be too hard.

I wanted to prove them wrong so badly. To say to them all, (I win). But over the years things have been changing. I met a woman who I could not put in the same box as the rest of them. Then the man who made my dad's professional life one long migraine turned out to be an invaluable ally. Now this “consciousness” has taken up residence in my mind. I studied his works. He's nothing like what I thought he was. No, 'I know better than you human,' attitude. I am wondering, do I need to win?

Fics

AllisonPetra
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby AllisonPetra » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:08 pm

WarpGirl wrote:The narrator is musing again, this time about 3 people. And it references a couple of episodes, BUT only two are important because it's set during them.

Narrator: Archer?

Three People: T'Pol? Soval? Syrran?

Episodes: The Forge? Awakening?

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:27 pm

:archer: Yes :tpol: yes :vulcan: Soval yes. Syrran no. The Forge no, Awakening yes.

Fics

AllisonPetra
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby AllisonPetra » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:35 pm

Narrator: Archer.

Three People: T'Pol. Soval. Syrran? Surak?

Episodes: The Forge? Awakening. Kir'Shara? Affliction?

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:39 pm

Yes to Surak and yes to Kir'Shara you're UP!

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:42 pm

WG, looks like she pretty much has it. I would say the other Episode is Kir Shira (Sp).

But she should be up next. Good drabble. Had me completely stumped, as usual.

BTW, I am completely drabbled out. Can't think of anything (well something but it is way out there) so will be out of contention for a bit.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

AllisonPetra
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby AllisonPetra » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:52 pm

Okay, here goes. Narrator, episode, what is the narrator about to do?

When did my allegiance shift? How did I agree to endanger my career? To risk bringing shame on my world, my family, for generations to come? To confess such an intimacy will invite their scorn.

It had to be done. Exposure was inevitable. My resolve must not be eroded. His act of selflessness must be honored. Collaboration will be the reward. It has already been earned.

The future is not mine to control. The time for clandestine manipulation has passed – for both our worlds. The needs of the many outweigh all else!

I WILL STAND and account for my actions.

About to jump into my car, will check back later.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:14 pm

T'Pol, and she's about to tell about her Pa'nar in Stigma? Oh IDK! She might be kissing Trip on the cheek before getting married in Home. Or she might be Resigning from the VHC in The Expanse, Giving Shran the data pad in The Andorian Incident, throwing herself in front of the Vulcan captain in Shadows of P'Jem... Who knows...

I think it's T'Pol confessing inStigma though. But kissing Trip in Home is my next bet.

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Distracted » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:37 pm

Soval is the narrator. He's about to testify to the Vulcan High Command about melding with the comatose witness to the Embassy Bombing in "The Forge". The shameful intimacy that endangers his career is the meld. The sacrifice was Admiral Forrest's.
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:39 pm

And ladies and gents, that's why she's the queen of the drabble! :clap: I'll bet anything you're right Dis.

Fics

AllisonPetra
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby AllisonPetra » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:14 pm

You are right!

Trip and Phlox aren't going to rat him out - but Soval (who I am really starting to dig) stands up and admits he "performed" the meld.

You're up Dis!

Aren't smartphones great! Internet access when you have to have it!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:25 pm

I think that is a wonderful Drabble Allison. You have a real talent for this.

Fics

Return to “Drabble Fanfiction”