"Guess Who" Drabble Challenge

You asked and we answered! (Eventually!) Create short fan fiction drabbles, ficlets and songfics in threads, post comments and discussion!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

AllisonPetra
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: "Guess Who" Drabble Challenge

Postby AllisonPetra » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:45 am

Episode: Fusion?

Narrator:Vulcan (Kov) on the "alternative Vulcan ship" who would not call his sick father?

Friend: Then Trip told him about the emotion "regret"?

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:48 am

:clap: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: And you're up!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

AllisonPetra
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby AllisonPetra » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:56 am

Alright! :happyjump: :happyjump:

I’ll be right back at ya! :D

AllisonPetra
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby AllisonPetra » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:13 am

Anger: Not everything Commander! Stop pulling me! Stop taunting me! Let this go!

Frustration: He is too open, without hesitation. Waiting, welcoming, wanting. Does he not know how impossible this is? How difficult? It would overwhelm me!

Fear: Yet I do feel him. The undisciplined vibration that grows stronger, bolder, not controlled. How did he know?

Stubbornness: He must not know this is true! To want this, to want him, is not logical. Where IS my logic? I must keep disciplined thoughts, focused on the mission. I have to maintain control.

Hope: Could it happen? Could this be? An escape?

Narrator, episode, and what comment(s) brought this on?

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:17 am

Drat! You go for the Jugular don't you? Okay, I've got macaroons, potatoe chips, give me a while to think this through.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:39 am

Just when I think I have it... :banghead:

Fics

AllisonPetra
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby AllisonPetra » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:58 am

The comment is the key – resulting in a cascade of pent up emotions ;-)

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:09 am

It's the episode that's giving me grief. I think it's E2, but the "escape" part doesn't fit.

Fics

AllisonPetra
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby AllisonPetra » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:32 am

You know, a vacation can be considered an escape - an outlet to be yourself, to unwind, to let your guard down and indulge ;-) ;-) ;-)

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Postby enterprikayak » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:07 am

I have spent the last 2 days making 14 facebook ads for our denture office.

Talk about a drabble!!!! 135 characters allowed TOTAL including spaces. It's like a puzzle trying to get the clever msg in and the phone # and all.

Fun part is you make as many ads as you want and then only pay per click, so you can really see which ones are working and getting clicked on.

Not doing too bad in the click thru dept...my best performing ad has a headshot of an old smiling lady in a bathing suit and a pink flowery bathing cap and it says "Getting your teeth done right, so you can get on with the fun things in life. Call for an appointment today." With the phone number, etc. It's targeted at women who are 55+ and live in our town only. I'm gettin' all these clicks! Yay me!
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:16 am

Okay Alison if you can drive me stark raving bonkers with a drabble you would make a heck of a fic! Ok it's not Two Days Two Nights it's not Fallen Hero it isn't Home... I looked through the transcripts. Good Golly I give up! Someone else guess. Dis HELP!

Fics

AllisonPetra
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby AllisonPetra » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:06 am

WarpGirl wrote:It's the episode that's giving me grief. I think it's E2, but the "escape" part doesn't fit.

You pretty much guessed it - so I say you're up!

Narrator: T'Pol

Episode: E2. Trip tells her "you're afraid to admit that under the right circumstances you could have feelings for me, maybe you have them already" and "you know all the other women on board must have been taken, because I can't think of another reason why I'd marry someone as stubborn as you". Trip then has a little hisssy fit and walks out, with much attitude, telling her "You, seem to have everything, under control". He just can't have a sexual relationship without getting emotionally involved. This is why I love him!

Later Older T'Pol tells her that Trip could be an outlet for the emotions stirred in her (via Trellium D and OMT).

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:31 am

So when are you going to post a full story? :clap: It's 2:30 AM so I refuse to think up another drabble right now. The Boys will just have to wait until later after a few hours sleep and a smoothie for breakfast. Hey men you cannot take my turn got it?

Fics

AllisonPetra
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby AllisonPetra » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:34 am

Sleep sounds real good. Bonne nuit!

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby Cogito » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:21 pm

AllisonPetra wrote:Anger: Not everything Commander! Stop pulling me! Stop taunting me! Let this go!

Frustration: He is too open, without hesitation. Waiting, welcoming, wanting. Does he not know how impossible this is? How difficult? It would overwhelm me!

Fear: Yet I do feel him. The undisciplined vibration that grows stronger, bolder, not controlled. How did he know?

Stubbornness: He must not know this is true! To want this, to want him, is not logical. Where IS my logic? I must keep disciplined thoughts, focused on the mission. I have to maintain control.

Hope: Could it happen? Could this be? An escape?

Narrator, episode, and what comment(s) brought this on?

I'm miles too late, of course. I am reasonably sure that it is T'Pol thinking about Trip. I liked the sequence of emotions: Anger, frustration, fear, stubbornness, and finally hope.

For me, the "Not everything" brings to mind Trip's comment that she seems to have everything under control. But I struggled to remember which episode he said this line in. What's this about reading transcripts, WarpGirl? Next you'll be saying you have a full list of episodes and characters in front of you too. No wonder you're so good at this. :)

Return to “Drabble Fanfiction”