"Guess Who" Drabble Challenge

You asked and we answered! (Eventually!) Create short fan fiction drabbles, ficlets and songfics in threads, post comments and discussion!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: "Guess Who" Drabble Challenge

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:50 am

I still don't know what that means :roll:.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:53 am

:lol:

It's totally just a meaningless reference from ages ago, and it snowballed.

Now it often ends up as a monosyllabic rant of mine cause I live near "Forks" and suffer the weather.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:56 am

My sis says in PEI the snow is awful. Come on take a real guess, I did really good on this drabble. Although why SB would think it was Porthos is beyond me. Whoever heard of a "blissful" dog bite? Then again I might not want to know the answer.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:57 am

WarpGirl wrote:Oh but mom I like to share! Okay fine... Let me think... This poor character is much maligned through no fault of their own but the cruel whims of TPTB. Hopefully, I've done some damage control.

Life on a starship is the toughest life you can live. It's extremely isolated even if this mission is exploration. The crew becomes your family, the ship becomes your refuge. But still, the longing for your family and familiar comforts are powerful. They will tear you down and try to destroy you. That's where I come in. I can give you your most cherished memories. The feelings of safety, comfort, and pleasure of your childhood. When the cold of loneliness seeps through your bones down to your very soul, come to me. It will go away, in one blissful bite.

This is great. It really captures what it must be like to be isolated on a ship. Being offered "your most cherished memories" sounds very tempting, and then ending in a bite? Ouch! I feels like it must have been one of the encounters-of-the-week, but which one? My guess is Raijin, Rajiin, or however she's spelling her name these days - the one with the seductive assaults. (The same one who, shockingly, doesn't even have her own smiley yet.) Not sure if I can imagine her actually biting somebody but, just for you, I'm going to try. Am I right?

(Exactly one hundred words - would you look at that?)

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:51 pm

I think I know the answer but I have ten minutes until I have to be at work all day so I can't guess. Very nice drabble. It's funny how an unrelated sensory experience can bring back memories, isn't it? Can't say more or I'll give it away.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:04 pm

Distracted wrote:I think I know the answer but I have ten minutes until I have to be at work all day so I can't guess. Very nice drabble. It's funny how an unrelated sensory experience can bring back memories, isn't it? Can't say more or I'll give it away.

Ooh! Ooh! It's something to do with food, isn't it?

Um, ... could it be chef?

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:54 pm

:clap: Cogito it is indeed Chef. Who sometimes gets badly maligned because of *the_abomination*, and poor Riker as well. But I have to say I liked the idea of Chef being able to comfort the crew while not being an "unoffical counselor." What better way to do that than with food! Food can be such an intimate personal experience and such a comfort. When things get really bad for me a Hershey's Symphony bar is extremely healing because of the memories attatched to it. And I'm a foodnetwork junky and love cooking so...

I have to admit I thought the words "blissful bite" would denote food, not sex. Because although I'm a virgin I can't see how being bitten during sex is nice at all!

Dis if you didn't know who it was I'd be bitterly disappointed. You are from a place where food is practically another major religion! I knew you'd know.

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:10 pm

WG, you have never heard of Love Bites? called Hickey's? Main problem with them is to keep the things low enough so the collar will cover them the next day.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:16 pm

I didn't guess an episode but I don't know if I needed to. Did I get close enough to be up next? I should warn you I'm going to be at work for another 10 hours or so, so it may be a while before I'm in a position to dabble in a drabble. Maybe somebody else wants to go next?

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:41 pm

:roll: SB I'm nearly 27 of course I've heard of hickeys. Never had one, don't intend too. However I was under the impression you weren't supposed to just use your teeth. Hence it isn't a real bite. I still can't figure out how you came to the conclusion this drabble was about Porthos.

Cogito There was no particular episode in mind with this. So you were completely correct. As for someone taking your turn I don't mind, but you OWE me a drabble and you will pay up. Or I'll show you some tricks I learned from the Sith Ex-boyfriend. :twisted: And not the nice ones.

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:36 pm

Wg, I thought it was Porthos because I read it too fast, I was tired, had been battling my Server all day. I simply didn't read it correctly.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Well I hope the computer woes end. :hug:

Fics

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:46 pm

I don't dare face WarpGirl's Sith wrath so here is the next drabble. This one is hardly a challenge for you to guess, but it wanted to be written.

She would have to get up soon. The soft cadence of his heartbeat told her he was still asleep, and the exhilarating tickle of his breath against the side of her neck sent her thoughts scattering. Focusing with an effort she decided that she had eighty six minutes remaining until she absolutely had to get up – that is if she abbreviated her shower and skipped her daily callisthenics. Possibly eighty seven minutes, if the turbolift was free. Yes, definitely eighty seven.

She relaxed back into his comforting embrace.

She would have to get up soon. But not just yet.

Anyone NOT naming two characters and the episode should feel thoroughly ashamed of themselves. :lol:

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:01 pm

Loved this one Cognito! Now let me see... :vulcan: :idea: :trip: :tpol: Harbinger?
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

AllisonPetra
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby AllisonPetra » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:13 pm

Are we still accepting new Drabbles - out of sequence?

Return to “Drabble Fanfiction”