"Guess Who" Drabble Challenge

You asked and we answered! (Eventually!) Create short fan fiction drabbles, ficlets and songfics in threads, post comments and discussion!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: "Guess Who" Drabble Challenge

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:18 pm

Okay I am very confused. If my memory is right, Trip and T'Les never had contact again after Home since the point of this challenge is to either guess a character without an episode. Or To guess characters in context to an episode, then how were we supposed to guess T'Les. The way this drabble seemed to be set up was within the context of an episode.

Since I could tell one character was definitely a vulcan because that's the way you write vulcans, and one character was definitely :trip: Trip because that's the way you write :trip: the context suggested Home and the converstation suggested :tpol:.

Bottom line there is no way anyone could have guessed T'Les. The context wasn't there. And, it is certainly not my turn!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby Cogito » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:25 pm

Silverbullet wrote:Okay, in deference to distracted. WG is very close. It is T'Les calling Trip (before she leaves for the Forge) to say that she helped Koss because she thought it was the right thing. Trip says that she only did it for herself (Leaving T'Pol safely married to a vulcan would satisfy T'Les and ease her concious over forcing T'Pol in to a marriage. t'Les tells Trip he will understand later (after he discovers she has gone tothe Forge so she wants T'Pol to be safe as she sees it because T'Les may not return from the Forge.

So, Wg is up next

SB

Now you put it like that, I can imagine T'Les saying something of that sort if she wanted to justify herself to Trip. (And although we didn't see anything like this on the show, who's to say this didn't happen in a missing scene when T'Les realised T'Pol would be going back to her T'hy'la after all?

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:40 pm

It still isn't my turn! :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:48 am

Lets say this is on the order of Alelou's missing scene where Trip and the T'Pold exchange messages.

T'Les could have called Trip to justify herself. When she says that Trip was there it is the truth. but he would see what she did differently as it hurt T'Pol. T'Les could believe that T'Pol would be better off married to a Vulcan male. she said that marriage to a Human would bring T'Pol unhappiness if for no other reason than the children if they had any. T'Les obviously knew she was going to the Forge all the while. So she was cyncle when she helped Koss. Help him she did. Because of that letter wiating for T'Pol from Koss. T'Pol obviously had not informed Koss she was returning so only her Mother could have told him which is why he was abole to write a letter that was waiting for her. T'Les also insisted that T'Pol meet Koss in the Garden. something that T'Pol did not want to do.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:51 am

Still not my turn.

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:44 am

Sigh.

Okay, I'll start things back up again. Who is this person and who are they crushing on?

My friends all think he’s creepy, but I find him fascinating. I’ve stopped talking about him with the girls because all I get from them are eye rolls. They try to be polite, of course, but I can tell that his differences really weird them out. He’s amazing, though… so intelligent and unfailingly cheerful. I like cheerful. And he never talks down to me. When we talk about things that he knows more about than I do (which is, quite frankly, virtually everything) he still listens to my opinions. I like that too. I think maybe I might love it.
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:52 am

Liz Cutler and she's crushing on... :phlox: Right DR. Mom?

Fics

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:53 am

Cutler and Phlox? But don't ask me to guess the episode!

Rats. Beaten by one pesky minute!

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:56 am

Both of you are right. Warpgirl got it first, though. So now it really IS her turn. :D
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:17 am

Oh but mom I like to share! Okay fine... Let me think... This poor character is much maligned through no fault of their own but the cruel whims of TPTB. Hopefully, I've done some damage control.

Life on a starship is the toughest life you can live. It's extremely isolated even if this mission is exploration. The crew becomes your family, the ship becomes your refuge. But still, the longing for your family and familiar comforts are powerful. They will tear you down and try to destroy you. That's where I come in. I can give you your most cherished memories. The feelings of safety, comfort, and pleasure of your childhood. When the cold of loneliness seeps through your bones down to your very soul, come to me. It will go away, in one blissful bite.

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:31 am

Porthos. Go to be. Bite.

Sb
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:32 am

No!

Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:48 am

Edward Cullen!
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:49 am

:rotflmao: Do not DO THAT! No vampires allowed they're evil!!!! No! Not Edward Cullen, but he is kind of hot when not being a vampire.

Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:50 am

FOOOOOOOORKS!
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Return to “Drabble Fanfiction”