Cherry Hill, NJ Convention - July 19 - 22, 2007!!

Heard of a Star Trek convention? Going to one? Share your experience here!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Elessar
Site Owner

Re: Cherry Hill, NJ Convention - July 19 - 22, 2007!!

Postby Elessar » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:56 am

Just don't tell Marc Alaimo that your favorite DS9 episode was Far Beyond the Stars unless you're prepared for an awkward look and his response that he really REALLY didn't enjoy filming that episode because he didn't like being a racist cop, heh.

Although he is really hilariously IN-character as Dukat, even after all these years, if you ask him something about the Bajorans because he'll usually make some kind of snide comment about how they "asked for it" Laughing , or how Jadzia "got what she deserved" Laughing
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Bether6074
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Bether6074 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:23 pm

I'm officially the world's biggest dummy! My husband is still trying to work this thing out for me. As long as Abby stays healthy in these next few days and he can find anyone to work, I still have a chance to see Connor. How embarrassing...I KNEW I shouldn't have taken up talking. It's dangerous. Shock

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:56 pm

Bether6074 wrote:I'm officially the world's biggest dummy! My husband is still trying to work this thing out for me. As long as Abby stays healthy in these next few days and he can find anyone to work, I still have a chance to see Connor. How embarrassing...I KNEW I shouldn't have taken up talking. It's dangerous. Shock

Laughing . Just glad to hear you can go!
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Emberchyld
Commander
Commander

Postby Emberchyld » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:08 am

*wave* Hi all... just joined the forum and saw this post!

I'll definitely be there on Friday unless something happens. Unfortunately, I have a business trip the rest of the weekend (I was not happy, and managed to wrangle my way out of flying on Friday! This was going to be my first convention in.. oh.. ten years! My boss just Shock when I said I couldn't fly out because of a Star Trek Convention), but at least I'll be there for the most important day Very Happy
"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different."
--Coco Chanel

Emberchyld's Livejournal: 45% dance, 45% skating, 5% Trying to convince others to watch Enterprise 5% everything else. You've been warned

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:06 am

hahaha, nice.
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

boushh
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby boushh » Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:17 am

Elessar wrote:
Bether6074 wrote:I'm officially the world's biggest dummy! My husband is still trying to work this thing out for me. As long as Abby stays healthy in these next few days and he can find anyone to work, I still have a chance to see Connor. How embarrassing...I KNEW I shouldn't have taken up talking. It's dangerous. Shock

Laughing . Just glad to hear you can go!

Me too. Smile

TSara
Captain
Captain

Postby TSara » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:00 am

I'll be there! Friday only though. Confused

I'll PM my cell out to people so you can call me so we can meet up and hang out.
"It can giggle all it wants, but the galaxy isn't gettin' any of our bourbon." -Trip to Malcolm Shuttlepod One

Archer: You missed T'Pol's latest bout with chopsticks.
Trip: Damn, dinner and a show.- Silent Enemy

http://www.myspace.com/hylndlas

http://tsara80.livejournal.com/

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:31 pm

Marc Almo at the dinner? I can deal with that.

And yes, please, everyone PM me with phone #s so I can meet you at the con. Smile Hello Emberchyld!!!! Wave

I take it Bether is now COMMING TO THE CON? Glad I missed all the excitement! I counting on rooming with Bether!

I was wondering if we could all wear name tags and/or NOT. DEAD. shirts? I still have the nametag Jedikatie made me at the last convention. Administrators, do we have permission to identify our selves with Trianian Silk? (I remember House of Tucker wanted members to keep quiet about that affiliation, lest we embarass ourselves and HoT.) But I'll be good! I promise!

I also have been suggesting we bring to the convention any old Star Trek/sci fi books/DVDs that we are willing to share or trade. Maybe we can have a Triaxian Silk party/movie marathon in one of the rooms, or set up one room as a "hospitality room" with food/drink? Then we could all meet each other. Or we can go out as a group!
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

TSara
Captain
Captain

Postby TSara » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:47 pm

justTrip'n wrote:Marc Almo at the dinner? I can deal with that.

And yes, please, everyone PM me with phone #s so I can meet you at the con. Smile Hello Emberchyld!!!! Wave

I take it Bether is now COMMING TO THE CON? Glad I missed all the excitement! I counting on rooming with Bether!

I was wondering if we could all wear name tags and/or NOT. DEAD. shirts? I still have the nametag Jedikatie made me at the last convention. Administrators, do we have permission to identify our selves with Trianian Silk? (I remember House of Tucker wanted members to keep quiet about that affiliation, lest we embarass ourselves and HoT.) But I'll be good! I promise!

I also have been suggesting we bring to the convention any old Star Trek/sci fi books/DVDs that we are willing to share or trade. Maybe we can have a Triaxian Silk party/movie marathon in one of the rooms, or set up one room as a "hospitality room" with food/drink? Then we could all meet each other. Or we can go out as a group!

I don't have a not dead T-shirt yet....I'm ordering one tonight from cafe express and asking them to rush delivery. Glad you mentioned the HoT thing...I was going to put that on my shirt. :/

If by chance I don't have my not dead shirt in time....I was thinking of wearing my Highland dance outfit so you all can find me! lol

Seriously though I should get there kinda Early on Friday....unfortunately.....I can only come up for Friday and I'll have to leave after the con closes down. Work calls I'm afraid. :/

Anyways....I'll PM you my phone number....you can share it with whoever is going.
"It can giggle all it wants, but the galaxy isn't gettin' any of our bourbon." -Trip to Malcolm Shuttlepod One

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:26 pm

you know me, I'm bringin lots a Trek! Very Happy But uh, my system crashed last night, which doesn't mean I lost any Trek, but it means I haev to get it back up by Thursday to get to it and put it on my external Smile
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:47 pm

Pictures - lots of pictures. Very Happy
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Emberchyld
Commander
Commander

Postby Emberchyld » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:49 am

Well, my boss yet again suggested that I fly out for my business trip on Friday and I, yet again, gave my sincerest Trek apologies Very Happy I even sealed the deal by scheduling a doctor's visit and car service appointment for that morning (I'm from one of the towns next to Cherry Hill).

I've been tossing the whole dinner thing back and forth-- what are these dinners like? I'm going to the con alone, so I didn't want to be "that person" just kinda hanging around (Fridays are not good days-- either everyone is at the shore or at work).

(And what do Not.Dead. shirts look like? Sorry I'm so out of touch--- first con in ten years!)
"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different."
--Coco Chanel

Emberchyld's Livejournal: 45% dance, 45% skating, 5% Trying to convince others to watch Enterprise 5% everything else. You've been warned

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:00 am

The Not.Dead shirts are awesome... is someone bringing them or something? I'll buy one!!!

Quite a few of us are going to be at that Dinner, Ember. Just wear a nametag that says Emberchyld or give one of us you trust your cell # and we'll hook up. I haven't been to a DINNER, but I've been to a lunch and a breakfast of these. To be honest, the food at the others wasn't great, but the real treat is that the stars usually circle table to table talking with the guests (US!) sharing stories, etc. So it's a very intimate environment compared with anything else you encounter at a Con like a panel, autograph or photo op.

I've done two of those and they were $65 a peice instead of 85...this one's probably 85 b/c it's a dinner and hopefully better food. But all in all, in MY opinion, they were worth the money. But then again, this one is 85 instead of 65...so i can't tell you ahead of time if it will be worth the money Wink
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:28 am

I have to second Elessar's comments. The dinner was the best part of Vulkon. In fact, I could have gone home happy after that! Wear a name tag or call one of us on your cell phone (PM me) so we can meet up. You WILL NOT be hanging out alone! THE MORE THE MERRIER!

A new worry. It looks like Connor's talk could be as early as 3:00PM on Friday. All I can gather from the schedule is it's between 3:00 and 7:00. And Marc Almo will also be betwen 3:00 and 7:00. HURRY IN everyone, or you'll miss it!
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

TSara
Captain
Captain

Postby TSara » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:14 am

My NOT DEAD shirt came today!!!

I'll be wearing it!!!!

Return to “Conventions”