Status and Support

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: Status and Support

Postby Asso » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:15 pm

Evidently my conscience and the one of Transwarp know each other very well. They seem to share their thoughts PERFECTLY. :lol:
Anyway, surely I write for myself, for my own pleasure, but it is important for me if I can see comments on my stories.
And the constant absence of some people is a sad thing, for me. :(
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:27 pm

ASSO, it is thier loss then. Your stories are always interesting. Your poems lovely. You seem to touch a persons Soul and Heart. Not too bad.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:28 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:29 pm

Sometimes you just have to be careful who you comment too. So many misunderstandings arise. Better safe, than sorry and sick.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:58 pm

panyasan wrote:''In the hall of the Mountain King" has an almost fairytale-like, fascinating atmosphere. I am looking forward to chapter four. :D

Thank you!
And, you know... THE CAPTIVES, THE CAPTIVES, THE CAPTIVES, THE CAPTIVES, THE CAPTIVES...
Mh... did I already mention "The captives", by chance? :doubt:

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:06 pm

Asso wrote:
panyasan wrote:''In the hall of the Mountain King" has an almost fairytale-like, fascinating atmosphere. I am looking forward to chapter four. :D

Thank you!
And, you know... THE CAPTIVES, THE CAPTIVES, THE CAPTIVES, THE CAPTIVES, THE CAPTIVES...
Mh... did I already mention "The captives", by chance? :doubt:

:guffaw: :guffaw: No you didn't!

Thank you for your interest. It's an encouragement to keep writing and finish that last chapter. :thumbsup:
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Dinah
Commander
Commander

Postby Dinah » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:10 pm

I'm trying to finish the next chapter of The Briar Patch before I start my challenge story for Silverbullet, but as usual, things are not progressing at light speed. My goal is to send the chapter to my beta this weekend, but then those have been my plans since New Years Day. :banghead: I guess I need to focus.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:17 pm

Well know that I am waiting very patiently, because I know it will be worth the wait. That series is still my favorite. Captives is a close second.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:34 pm

Dinah wrote:... I guess I need to focus.

Well! As for that, simply you have to think about the need of your EXPECTING readers! :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:37 pm

I try to leave a review every time I've read an entire story, unless it's for someone who has publically announced he hates my guts (I can be a little slow on the uptake so I usually need that last step). I don't leave reviews if I just quickly skimmed through to see if it would be to my taste and it wasn't, or if I couldn't get all the way through for whatever reason including real life, so people who write really long or slow-paced stories are a lot less likely to hear from me. I'm also not going to go out of my way if it's someone who never leaves reviews for anyone else. But even with those people, if the story really captured me I review.

Sometimes I'm really surprised to hear that somebody is a reader of fanfic because I've never, ever seen that person leave feedback or PM or anything -- for anyone. That's just weird to me. I can understand newbies and lurkers who are just getting comfortable not saying anything, but once you're hanging out on the boards, not leaving any feedback when you actually read and enjoy is very odd. But judging from the stats on ff.net that is what the vast majority of people do -- just read and then move along looking for their next fix. That's maybe understandable if they are not writers who post work themselves and know how it feels. But if they are -- I don't get it. My best guess is that these people are either very focused on themselves or have been severely traumatized by someone freaking out over their feedback in the past.

(Is it just me, or are the people most likely to freak the people who leave the most negative feedback? I know it's not universally true, but I've seen it often enough to be extra cautious of these people.)
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:51 pm

Alelou wrote:Sometimes I'm really surprised to hear that somebody is a reader of fanfic because I've never, ever seen that person leave feedback or PM or anything -- for anyone. That's just weird to me. I can understand newbies and lurkers who are just getting comfortable not saying anything, but once you're hanging out on the boards, not leaving any feedback when you actually read and enjoy is very odd. But judging from the stats on ff.net that is what the vast majority of people do -- just read and then move along looking for their next fix. That's maybe understandable if they are not writers who post work themselves and know how it feels. But if they are -- I don't get it. My best guess is that these people are either very focused on themselves or have been severely traumatized by someone freaking out over their feedback in the past.

(Is it just me, or are the people most likely to freak the people who leave the most negative feedback? I know it's not universally true, but I've seen it often enough to be extra cautious of these people.)

Well ff.net is not really an appropriate place to judge. That thing isn't a community really, it's a machine. The best you can hope for is mini-groups of people who stick together and NEVER branch out. So reviewing is something that doesn't get a priority. Very few people are looking for fanfic buddies there. Unless you happen to ship for a crack ship, or something off the beaten path. Also there is so little security for lack of a better term. Some fandoms there are people who viciously attack newbies through reviews, whether they are writers or reviewers. Usually the people who get the most reviews made a huge splash in a smaller community first.

Me I usually don't leave a review if... A. The only thing I can think of to say is "I like it." B. If I can't say anything good at all. C. Someone says I'm too harsh on them. Which is weird because if I didn't like SOMETHING about the story I wouldn't have said anything at all.

I think the people who freak out the most are the people who need praise the most. Whether they leave positive or negative feedback it doesn't matter. So long as they are praised for either their own work, or their reviews.

Fics

Ludmila
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Ludmila » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:05 pm

I try usually not simply left some words but share something positive inside me with the author. If I am sad or annoyed I can read some story but I will not leave any feedback because my mood can change my message. And I leave usually the reviews only on the new for me stories which were posted not so long ago. As for hits on ff.net I copy all stories that I plan to read but may do it after few months and usually not come back for reviewing.

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:10 pm

I am as addicted to comments as any writer here and I sure don't mind comments like "I like it"- and I try to leave a comment as much as possible- but only when I read the whole story/chapter. I don't mind if people leave a somewhat critical note, it helps me to improve and add the story and my writing. If I leave a critical note of review, it's because I care about the story and sometimes because I believe the writers potential wasn't used to his or her fullness - so it's a compliment for the writers skills. I hardly comment on NC-17 fics - just because some fic's make me blush too much. :oops: ;-)
The funny thing about FFnet, I just started posting my stories and Back-up, which is a nice family story, got more hits and reviews then for example Afiladas Palabras y Deseadas , but on TRIS I got a lot of reviews of Afiladas Palabras.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:22 pm

Well one reason I don't check my comments all the time after the first week, is that I'm scared of being one of those people so addicted to comments that they have to have them and sometimes freak out at other people because they don't get as much as they want. They exist, those scary people exist. So I basically check sporatically, look for regulars, worry a little if they can't review, then get over it. And new comers make me dance. But you know what bothers me sometimes, when people I really love, and comment on a lot, don't drop a line. I mean sometimes it's like...

Hey I love you. Am I that bad you don't like me? Tell me what I'm doing wrong PLEASE. I do not mind harsh reviews. I mind RUDE reviews. There is a difference.

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:25 pm

But I am persuaded that you look very nice when you blush. :D :lol: :D

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”