Postby Cogito » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:38 am

Very glad to hear it, Kotik. Excellent news! :D

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Re: Status and Support

Postby Weeble » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:36 am

Kotik,

Your favorite fisherman is experiencing some technical issues. Sooner or later the dam will break....
RIP Tom, I will miss you, as will many others

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:18 pm

Just putting the finishing touches on the 23rd chapter of "Words". My golly, wouldn't have thought I'd ever work on something that big and actually get it finished. Two years of writing 8)

It's funny. Back then I thought it'd be a 10-chapter something, but the more I wrote the more my universe took on a life of its own. In fact the ideas have grown so big and vivid, I already have the rough timeline for the sequel written down. There's a flood of chapters soon coming to this place. :mrgreen:

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Postby Alelou » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:40 pm

Finally posted a new chapter of North Star over at ff.net.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Jamieson
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Jamieson » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:53 pm

I'm a newbie to the forum, but I've fallen hard back into this fandom after many years away. And in falling back, it has awoken my writing muse from a very long slumber in a very deep, dark cave.

The problem? It woke with a vengeance! Aside from the two little ficlets I have managed to finish and post to the public, I have not one but FIVE very strong fic ideas, three of which are in various stages of writing (the other two have solid starts on outlines)...at least two (likely three) of which also promise to be long, which with few exceptions I don't normally write (or, I should say, finish :? ). Those won't see the light of day for a very long time, because I don't post multi-chap stories until I'm done or very nearly done (on account of that whole pesky "finishing" thing). I do hope that I can at least get one or two shorties out soonish.

Of course, right now I keep finding myself in that old situation of "okay, time to write! ...But which one?!" and I spend all my (limited) writing time in the midst of "oh, shiny!" moments jumping back and forth. All of this, naturally, is also in competition to the T/T music vid I'm working on (the vidding muse also woke up at the same time, but from an even longer, deeper sleep :roll: )

Thanks for letting me grumble...I suppose too much motivation is better than none at all :)

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:38 pm

My recommendation born of painful experience (whether you want it or not ;-) ) is to pick one and finish it. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

In my experience, trying to write several things at once usually ends up nearly the same as writing nothing at all because I lose my drive before anything's done. JMO.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Jamieson
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Jamieson » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:01 pm

Yeah, normally I like to do that too, but right now different scenes of different stories are bombarding me all at once, and I want to make sure I get them down before I forget (I used to have a terrific memory, but six years of university cured me of that :( ). If I could just summarize as they come that'd be great, but as I start to write it down in point-form, it always morphs into entire sets of dialogue, and from there I tend to slide into full-on writing without realizing it.

For the most part, when it comes to the shorter stories, I've been better at keeping to them until they're done before going back to the longer ones, but it's very tempting. I've managed to focus on one this week and get well into it, so I'm hoping that momentum will carry until it's finished. It's probably why I've seldom written the longer ones, because it's easier to get through it to the end before my attention wanders to other projects. It never fails that I get the most inspired when I have the least amount of time to do anything about it - I believe the majority of my fanfic stories and music vids were done while I was in university (in-between, of course, all that studying... :doubt: ).

Oh well...if they get finished then they get finished - I like to share my writing, but more than anything I do it for myself.

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:57 pm

Alelou wrote:Finally posted a new chapter of North Star over at ff.net.

Woo Hoo! Thanks, Alelou! :clap:

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:03 pm

Oh, God. OhGodOhGodOhGod....

I just clicked the submit button and sent my novel to Baen.

Now all I have to do is wait 9 to 12 months to find out if they want it.

Oh, God. :shock:
Image sig by chrisis1033

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:52 pm

I had to Google them, shows what a noob I am. Fingers crossed for you. If only, if only there was some way to have your Trek fiction published without getting your ar$e sued off - it richly deserves a wider audience. You would have to put up with the hassle of being a rich and famous writer, but I hope you wouldn't mind that too much.

putaro
Captain
Captain

Postby putaro » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:17 am

Good luck Dis! Hopefully you'll be in print next year. And, if they reject you, take heart - Dune was rejected 22 times!

Jamieson
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Jamieson » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:06 pm

Good luck, Distracted! I plan on seeing it in my bookstore in the future, and if I'm still working there when it does, I'll be putting it into customers hands :-)

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:08 pm

Good luck!!!!
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:56 pm

Just hope they ship it to Germanyland, too. If not, there's always Amazon :)

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:17 am

I got a confirmation email from Baen that said my manuscript's been received and that I should write my next novel while I'm waiting. Greaaaat. The last one took me eight years, but I was kinda busy writing about 700,000 words of fanfic at the same time (in addition to my day job). Hopefully I can decrease production time this time around.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”