The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Status and Support

Postby panyasan » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:19 am

Here is my status report:

The Captives, the final chapter: I have it the story line in my head, some scenes, but not much time to write. Hopefully this week I can make real progress.

Still half finished: Barefoot, my first chapter and a sequel of The Captives. Going where panyasan never have gone before. :lol: :lol:

Someone asked me to write a sequel on Whisper. I have some ideas about a couple of chapters, in which in the second chapter my rewrite of The Seventh and the effects on Trip and T'Pol will have a place.

Also that same person is poking me to do a sequel for Afiladas Palabras y Deseadas - you see I take request for sequels very seriously. I had already thought about this - a sequel of TnT in Spain like in the beginning of part one - but because of the hints of Harbinger in part two, I was thinking of doing first a sequel with that episode in mind. I personally don't like the episode, but I have some ideas. Greatest problem: the breakfast conversation. :vulcan: :vulcan: Made me start a text analysis of that conversation (in my studies text analysis was always an important tool and of course context context context :lol: ) with surprising results. :lol: You will see, like to post my observations in a new topic, because I like some input.

I will end my "shameless" promotion of my ideas and fics, because I like to know the status of other writers: Dinah, Asso, Warpgirl, Honeybee, Bluetiger, Escriba, Alelou and other great writers: how are your fics going?
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:15 pm

WarpGirl is STRESSED OUT! You see she gets stressed and talks in the 3rd person. She has been granted a five day extension by her loving mother, for that chapter of origional fiction she promised her loving mother because research into Imperial Russia IS NOT as easy as one would suppose. All because of a stupid DINNER PARTY. WarpGirl wants to scream about that.

However as soon as the deadline ends, and origional chapter is completed Karaoke AKA Five Tukers and A Vulcan Walk Into A Bar will be completed! That isn't nearly as much work.

After that WarpGirlwill prove to her SW's aquaintences she's back for business, so that will take time. BUT ch 5 of May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us will hopefully be written BEFORE her birthday in April.

All in all, WarpGirl's status is she has too much on her plate, and she was an idiot for taking so much on. But she is begging for positive thoughts, because she is working so hard.

PS I'm really not medically insane, but I thought writing in the 3rd person would make me laugh.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:20 pm

Take one fic at a time. Do a little research - write you first chapter - show it to your mother -do more research - polish your first chapter. Sending very positive thoughts to you. :D
Love is a verb.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Postby Alelou » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:29 pm

Alelou is only writing work-related stuff at the moment. :(
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:02 pm

Thanks for asking: I think (With Linda's help) my next chapter of "In the Hall of the Mountain King" will be up soon. And... I don't know... I think people will find it "peculiar". :lol:
Then... well! You will see. :D
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:11 pm

''In the hall of the Mountain King" has an almost fairytale-like, fascinating atmosphere. I am looking forward to chapter four. :D
Love is a verb.

Transwarp
Captain
Captain

Postby Transwarp » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:33 pm

I just finished chapter 12 of 'Command' and emailed it off five minutes ago.

I finished it in just twenty days; I think that's a record for me! After completing a chapter, I usually take a break from writing for a few days, and catch up on some of my reading.

LIAR! TELL THEM THE TRUTH!

Shhh... Go away! <laughs nervously> Uh, pay no attention to him, he's just my conscience. I usually just ignore him.

NOT THIS TIME YOU DON'T. YOU TELL THEM OR *I* WILL!

Okay, okay! I'll tell them.

NOW!

Right. Uh, the truth is, I don't catch up on my reading. Actually, I pull up the site every five minutes--

LIAR!

Uh, every two minutes, and check to see if my chapter is posted. It's pathetic, really.

AT LAST, THE TRUTH.

Then after it's posted, I check every two minutes--

LIAR!

Um, every thirty seconds. For comments. Then I read the comments over and over. Like a total dweeb without a life.

NOW, DON'T YOU FEEL BETTER?

<mumbles under breath> Damn conscience.

I HEARD THAT!
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

bluetiger
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby bluetiger » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:39 pm

Transwarp, I don't know what you are talking about? (rushes over to check for comments on new story).
Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are. (Mason Cooley)

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:56 pm

If it helps, Transwarp, I'm not gonna be uploading any stories until I get home from work tonight, so you can give your refresh finger a rest 'til 5pm EST. ;)
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:57 pm

Transwarp wrote:I just finished chapter 12 of 'Command' and emailed it off five minutes ago.

I finished it in just twenty days; I think that's a record for me! After completing a chapter, I usually take a break from writing for a few days, and catch up on some of my reading.

LIAR! TELL THEM THE TRUTH!

Shhh... Go away! <laughs nervously> Uh, pay no attention to him, he's just my conscience. I usually just ignore him.

NOT THIS TIME YOU DON'T. YOU TELL THEM OR *I* WILL!

Okay, okay! I'll tell them.

NOW!

Right. Uh, the truth is, I don't catch up on my reading. Actually, I pull up the site every five minutes--

LIAR!

Uh, every two minutes, and check to see if my chapter is posted. It's pathetic, really.

AT LAST, THE TRUTH.

Then after it's posted, I check every two minutes--

LIAR!

Um, every thirty seconds. For comments. Then I read the comments over and over. Like a total dweeb without a life.

NOW, DON'T YOU FEEL BETTER?

<mumbles under breath> Damn conscience.

I HEARD THAT!

LOL . . . yep. Welcome to "Comment-holics Anonymous" and thank you for sharing.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Dinah
Commander
Commander

Postby Dinah » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:59 pm

Thank you, Transwarp! :lol: I'm glad your conscience finally let the truth be told. I tell myself I'm not going to look. There won't be anything new. I shouldn't leave the site up all the time; I shouldn't keep hitting "refresh." But I always do. It's so good to know that I'm not the only one. :thumbsup:

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:42 pm

Yeah, we ALL do that. 8)
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:39 pm

I do that for my own fics AND other people's fics, if the comment thread is interesting enough.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:09 pm

honeybee wrote:I do that for my own fics AND other people's fics, if the comment thread is interesting enough.
Yeah, me too. There is the problem of time zones. Early in the morning I am not going to find any new comments. Most of the people who commented are asleep - in their timezone. They wake up around 1 pm in my zone. :lol: This morning I commented as first at Bluetigers fic, but Transwarp was quicker. He lives almost in the same time zone.
Love is a verb.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:36 pm

OK I'm going to be the weird one, I don't constantly check my own work for comments. I'm terrified that if I do that, I'll take people's responses (or lack there of) way too personally. That said if I don't see a familiar name I worry. However, I do check the comments on my favorite authors constantly. I just love to see them get praise and helpful criticism. Looking forward to the new chapter Transwarp.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”