Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Re: What

Postby Alelou » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:00 am

I didn't think you were trying to be cruel. It just freaked me out for reasons having to do with my own peculiar existence.

It would be a valid question and I suppose if T'Pol had said anything to her mom about it or if Mom had brought it up, maybe she could have received some very useful information -- because judging from her confusion about the white space and so on, she really doesn't have a clue what this bond thing is and was pretty slow to figure out just what the heck was going on.

I wonder if, technically, she was supposed to be feeling a bond of some kind with Koss all along, but never did? Would this be because Koss couldn't do it, or because she couldn't? Would this be why she had so little interest in him? Sometimes I think it would be interesting to think of T'Pol as a little bit disabled by Vulcan standards. But since she gets the mind melds fine that seems unlikely.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:07 am

Well even if T'Pol never said anything T'Les figured something out. After all she tells Trip, "I know you are romantically involved with my daughter" still no evidence of a bond, so I'm guessing to Vulcans it just doesn't count without a bond. Even though they're not sexually promiscuous because of the risk of bonding. I don't think T'Pol was disabled. I think both she and Koss didn't think the other was in any way special. It was duty. Koss wanted to do his duty, T'Pol didn't. But there was no special connection on a personal level like she has with Trip.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:23 am

Yeah, but am I wrong, or aren't they supposedly joined in some way at the time of betrothal? Maybe pre-Kirshara there's no mental component to that. But somehow I think we've run through this discussion already.

Why is this thread called "What" -- that's what I'm wondering now.

Off to bed. Tomorrow I send off this manuscript and do everything else that must be done to get ready to head to MAINE GLORIOUS MAINE. I'll be offline for about a week. My Internet withdrawal symptoms will no doubt require serious treatment with lobster, melted butter, and a whole year's worth of yakking with my friend Barb. Happy sigh.
Image.Image

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:25 am

JEALOUS!!!! I hate you. :twisted: Anyway I have a theory, but I think I'll make you wait for it... :twisted: :twisted:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:29 am

Okay, in the encyclopedia it says that children are BEthrothed at seven years of age and at that time a telpathic bond is created between the children so the male always knows where the female is this is so when Pon Farr is coming the male knows where to contact the female and the female knows that is the reason he is trying to contact her. When a bethrothal is broke the bond is also severed.

since T-Pol does not seem to have a bond with Koss obviously it was severed because the parents terminated the behtrothal.

T-Pol could not have formed a bond with Trip if she already had a bond with Koss.

NOw supose that T-Pol told mother that she not oly had mated with the HUman but gave him her virginity too. What would that tell T-Les? Koss would be getting used goods and would
not be happy with that. T-Les had no idea that T-Pol would negotiate with the parents to let her return to Enterprise without mating with Koss. So she would belive that Koss would find out the dirty little Secret right away. Perhaps t-Pol hitting him with it berfore he tried to have Sex with her. What then? Koss telling T-Pol that the marriage was off and T-Pol demanding that koss keep his end of the bargain as she had kept hers by going through the ceremony. Mom gets her job back, t-Pol gets a divorce and trip gets a chance.

I think tht if t-Pol told t-Les those things that T-Les would pull the plug on the deal and accept being retired.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:35 am

Really this is getting a little pointless. We already covered that. However, just to satisfy curiosity...
However, I'd like to put this theory out there... What if T'Pol DID tell T'Les she and Trip had mated? Would it have mattered? I mean obviously T'Pol had no clue she could bond with a human. Mom could have asked, "Are you bonded to him?" T'Pol could truthfully say "No" because there was no evidence of one. No bond, it doesn't count. Of course it wouldn't do any good for her reputation but that's destroyed anyway. There was no need to tell Koss, she wasn't going to live with him anyway.

If T'Pol told T'Les she made love with Trip, T'Lest would already know T'Pol gave trip her virginity. In the end it still wouldn't have mattered. And the issue isn't a forced retirement. The issue is family honor, that is what the marriage is for to restore family honor.

Fics

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:32 am

Alelou wrote:Off to bed. Tomorrow I send off this manuscript and do everything else that must be done to get ready to head to MAINE GLORIOUS MAINE. I'll be offline for about a week. My Internet withdrawal symptoms will no doubt require serious treatment with lobster, melted butter, and a whole year's worth of yakking with my friend Barb. Happy sigh.

Glad that you finished your work. Is that the one about autistic childern? Have a great time in Maine. :wave:
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:41 am

Yup and thanks! This is the one I underestimated so badly that I'd probably make more money per hour at Target, but whatever. It's still income, assuming she pays me. Besides, being an adjunct instructor pays less per hour than Target so I might as well get used to it. :)

It's actually primarily a book of funny anecdotes about life with kids who have autism. She may end up just self-publishing it, but I think it's a pretty neat concept. People living with that on a daily basis really need as many good laughs as they can get.
Image.Image

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:16 pm

Agreed. But hey Target can't be too bad you get a discount on all the pretty stuff!

Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:33 pm

I know, I've been tempted to go work there just for that. 8) But ready access to clearance sales at Target could end up costing me a lot more than I'd save with my discount. These days I try to zoom in, avoid all housewares, and head straight for the food and pet aisles. If we can't consume it, chances are we don't need it.
Image.Image

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:34 pm

:guffaw:

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Alelou wrote:
Asso wrote:the blanket is short, and when you pull it toward a corner, you uncover the other corner.

Is this a saying in Italian? It's wonderful! (How does it go in Italian?)

It's a common idiom here. Normally we say only the first words:
La coperta è corta. (Blanket is short)
And we imply the remainder:
Tu tiri da un lato e scopri l'altro. (When you pull it toward a corner, you uncover the other corner.)
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:44 pm

Neat! Thanks.
Image.Image

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:48 pm

You're welcome. :D
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”