The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Show On Map: No

Re: Romance vs. Love Story

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:02 pm

Rigil Kent wrote:Which one has explosions in it? Sign me up for that one.

What he said! :raspberry:

As for how TnT acted towards each other in Demons/Terra Prime, I think the original intention (when the scripts were written) was for them to have been more couple-y, but then came B&B and said "nope, we want to do the finale so you guys only have two instead of three eps for your story, and oh by the way, we're going to have TnT broken up". Which led to things getting cut out and the result is a TnT that was more distant towards each other for no other reason than that it wouldn't seem too implausible for them to have been broken up in *the_abomination*.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:06 pm

Well then they should have cut that scene between them before Archer's speech. But I'm sorry they were just shoddy writers. I know the rules say I can't say that, but they were! :cry:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:07 pm

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:
Rigil Kent wrote:Which one has explosions in it? Sign me up for that one.

What he said! :raspberry:

As for how TnT acted towards each other in Demons/Terra Prime, I think the original intention (when the scripts were written) was for them to have been more couple-y, but then came B&B and said "nope, we want to do the finale so you guys only have two instead of three eps for your story, and oh by the way, we're going to have TnT broken up". Which led to things getting cut out and the result is a TnT that was more distant towards each other for no other reason than that it wouldn't seem too implausible for them to have been broken up in *the_abomination*.

What he said!
How had I said a time? Ah yes: the mother of the idiots is always pregnant.
And please, do not tell me that I'm disrespectful.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:09 pm

One question... Is "couple-y" a real word?
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:30 pm

Okay there was 13 months between Harbinger and Demons. If T'Pol got pregnant in Harbinger and carried the baby to term she would have been on Entrprise all most all of the time. Doubt she would have the embryo removed on Vulcan. Hell if she ws pregnant by Trip why would she let Koss Blackmail her into marriage. Would she have an abortion first? Well if Elizabeth is alive in Demons and Terra Prime that idn't happen. So if she returns to enterprise still pregnant and carrying hte child then she is going to stat showing. People will wonder who who the father is. Especially Trip. T'Pol would have to fess up because when baby is born it wouuld be obvious that the father is human and Trip was the only guy who made it to home plate with T'Pol. The baby is six months old when Phlox examines the hair given T'Pol by the Nurse. Knock of six months from 13. You get seven. So T'Pol would have delivered at seven months. NOot sure how long the gestation period is for Vulcans.

How did she deliver, then sneak the child off ship and how did Paxton get his hands on it? too many questions. T'Pol was NOT pregnant after Harbinger or in home. She could have been pregnant after Bound. Soon after.

One of the problems with the series was that of time. In some episodes the date is not given so one has to guess. Think there would have been a longer period of time elapsed than waht was given. Writer were too sloppy.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:35 pm

Okay SB let's Try to stay on topic here. But you're forgetting one thing, who said a Vulcan pregnancy lasted 9 months. While there is nothing official most accepted is anywhere from 11 to 13 months.

Now back OT before we get in trouble! :hug:

Fics

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:46 pm

WarpGirl wrote:One question... Is "couple-y" a real word?

'Course it is. Just ask Hoshi - she uses it all the time.

(You can blame enterprikayak for that one.)

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:54 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Yeah, but I gotta say I don't equate being in a sexual relationship to being in a romantic relationship, let alone a comitted loving relationship.

Now I agree the episode Harbinger only adresses the jaloursy and agressive possive feelings Vulcans have to their "mate", which is a shame. But this remark raises a very interesting question: how does the average Vulcan - and T'Pol is truly Vulcan - see "intimate relationships"? As being touch-telepath and coming from non dating-only marriage culture and just the word Vulcans use, I think that a sexual relationship is seen by Vulcan as intimate and a sign of commitment. Just my two cents.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:54 pm

(You can blame enterprikayak for that one.)

LOL! Now that's some careful reading b'y! You re-gruntled me. I was having a bad day. lol
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:58 pm

@ Cogito :lol:

Panyasan I don't disagree entirely. Unfortunately, by that time T'Pol's character was in a sense "going native" and I could just give whoever came up with the idea a peace of my mind! :evil: I think that T'Pol was literally tearing herself in two, telling herself, "I can have a human-style intimate encounter with someone I have affection for" while her nature and culture was telling her claim your mate! Add the TD and it's just a mess!

Oh dear, so much for staying on topic... I give up.

Fics

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:15 pm

Well, we are staying on topic. I think part of the problem TnT were facing had to do with conceptions around "how Humans see" things. If T'Pol is going to base her concept on love and romance on movies and romantic books - she sure has the wrong ideas about how she thinks Trip is seeing their relationship. For example: the dropping of the robe in Harbinger is a classic (according to Asso), but it's a human classic. So why did T'Pol makes this gesture? Because she thinks it's the way Humans females "claim" their mates? Isn't the problem that they both want love, but think the other person only want a sort of romance?
BTW: I don't think it's a bad idea for T'Pol to go native. When you live in another culture, we all go through that phase. Also through a periode of time when you want to know what makes your indentiy, before you just are you with your choice of the best of both worlds.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:34 pm

Unfortunately though while "going native" is fine for a human going to another country and absorbing the culture, for the most part it doesn't compromise their identity. T'Pol is an alien her experimentations caused her physical, psychological, and emotional damage as well. And the worst part of it is, she did it all trying to fit in and "improve" her relationship with Commander Tucker, as Phlox hit the nail on the head. I'm sorry but how in the name of all that is holy can that be considered a "good thing?" Didn't Trip care about her before she got herself into that mess?

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:34 pm

panyasan wrote:Well, we are staying on topic. I think part of the problem TnT were facing had to do with conceptions around "how Humans see" things. If T'Pol is going to base her concept on love and romance on movies and romantic books - she sure has the wrong ideas about how she thinks Trip is seeing their relationship. For example: the dropping of the robe in Harbinger is a classic (according to Asso), but it's a human classic. So why did T'Pol makes this gesture? Because she thinks it's the way Humans females "claim" their mates? Isn't the problem that they both want love, but think the other person only want a sort of romance?
BTW: I don't think it's a bad idea for T'Pol to go native. When you live in another culture, we all go through that phase. Also through a periode of time when you want to know what makes your indentiy, before you just are you with your choice of the best of both worlds.

One of the textbooks of T'Pol on human culture.
It appears that she has read it just before Harbinger.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:50 pm

Ok Asso I find those books creepy. I mean come on why is human culture so permiated with the idea that it's "romantic" to turn yourself inside out and backwards to obtain the affection of the person you want?

Then again, it's probably why I'm hard pressed to find a date. :roll:

IDK I guess I'm just of the firm opinion that real love doesn't need all that baggage. Romance seems to thrive on it.

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:56 pm

Come on, my friend! Every now and then, try to joke. :roll:
Joking is good, it relieves life. :patpat:

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”