The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Transwarp
Captain
Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us by WG

Postby Transwarp » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:12 am

Grrr wrote:I know this probably isn't going to be helpful but, I say If it's good don't worry about how long it is.

What Grrr said!

Also, I must applaud your courage. I would never dream of publicly declaring an unposted chapter as 'good' before the fact. There have been too many times I have written a MASTERPIECE of sublime prose, only to find it has somehow morphed into mindless drivel overnight.

I can't explain how such a thing is possible; no one else has the password to my computer. Perhaps it is cosmic rays zapping my RAM?
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:27 pm

:oops: You must think I'm some sort of horrible bragger! The truth is I rarely call my work "good" especially my old-school notebook (the kind with paper in it) drafts. But for some reason, after I worked through the depression of my sis's miscarriage the words just seem to be working out really well. It does and will need a lot of polishing! With my spelling and grammar I pity the poor beta who has to clean it up. But still... All the feelings and themes I wanted for this chapter are working out really well. So I do think it's pretty "good." I was very proud of the posted version of chapter 5, but I honestly think this is going to be better. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Transwarp
Captain
Captain

Postby Transwarp » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:50 pm

WarpGirl wrote:All the feelings and themes I wanted for this chapter are working out really well.

It's a nice feeling, isn't it? I find it doesn't happen (for me) all that much, so I try to enjoy it when it does. Especially nice is when I can re-read something I wrote the next day, and think 'Yep, I nailed it!'

And *that's* why I write. (Oh, and also for the comments...)
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:52 pm

We're all review junkies! I panic whenever I don't see a name that has reviewed before. I mean if someone's gonna stop reviewing I wanna know why! Ooops. I gotta finish my reviews for eK!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:45 pm

WarpGirl wrote:We're all review junkies! I panic whenever I don't see a name that has reviewed before. I mean if someone's gonna stop reviewing I wanna know why! Ooops. I gotta finish my reviews for eK!

That reminds me:

Is there a way for writers to be told when people have added comments for their stories?

Or should I say US writers? :D

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:48 pm

No there isn't! Unfortunately, I've always wished we could have an e-mail alert for comments. They have one at other sites I've written on. But yes it's US! writers now because you are a part of the family now! :happyjump: And you made out like a bandit too! :twisted:

Fics

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:41 pm

Okay I might not be as long as I originally feared. I remembered something very important, hand-written copies take up more space than typing. So maybe when I finish typing it won't be so long.

Fics

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:41 am

Okay folks I'm officially on a deadline. I usually love the sound they make as they rush by but now I need one. I have to get this thing done before July 4th weekend. After that I'm in NY for at least two weeks, and possibly Canada after that, if my bro-in-law gives sis permission to have me. So it's possibly a month not at home! So now it's crunch time. I don't want to leave Y'all hanging around so long.

Fics

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:30 pm

Would anyone kill me if I submitted the chapter in 2 parts? Please please tell me.

Fics

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:40 pm

Two chapters for the price of one? Of course we won't complain!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:44 pm

I just didn't expect to run so long and I don't want people to get impatient. I should post something before I go away on my trip.

Fics

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:12 pm

Help please make it stop! All these words!!!!! :faint: :explode: And ya know what the really sick part is, I had writers block for so long. Now it's like a raging river with white rapids and I can't get off! :wtf:

You know what would be cool, in addition to emails alerting us to comments it would be so awesome if we could have multi-page chapters. That way for gigantic chapters it isn't all one Loooong chapter.

Fics

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:33 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Now it's like a raging river with white rapids and I can't get off!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:36 pm

You sick, mean, evil, man!!!! :-p :-p :-p :-p :-p Don't you know white water kills! Oh wait you don't have that in Britian do you? Never mind! :roll: :lol:

Fics

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:08 am

WarpGirl wrote:You sick, mean, evil, man!!!! :-p :-p :-p :-p :-p Don't you know white water kills! Oh wait you don't have that in Britian do you? Never mind! :roll: :lol:

Well, maybe from your point of view it's a scary situation to be in. But look at it from our point of view. The story's coming. :D

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”