The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: Necessity

Postby Escriba » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:36 pm

WarpGirl wrote:I very much doubt the Brogia's were considered wimps.

*Aheam* Excuse me, but the Borgias were Spanish, actually.

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"
"Yes, miss. Lawyers, miss."

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:43 pm

Oh crud! I thought Pope Alexander's "baby mama" was Italian????????? Sorry for the screw up. What do you call the woman a Pope regularly impregnates anyway?
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:49 pm

Since Italy didn't really "exist" (sorry Asso) and the South was part of the Spanish crown, it's a little complicated, but Alexander "And he was even good compared to his replacement" VI was born in Valencia, Spain. His son, Cèsar Borgia is famous for trying to create an unified Italy though (and OK, for having sex with his sister :roll:)

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:53 pm

The Valentine was really Italian.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:54 pm

Sorry but the Borgia's particularly the men scare the heck out of me. I mean if I was the girl I'd be a little nuts and ruthless too, just to survive those freaks. Hey Escriba, ever see the movie "Prince Of Foxes" Orsen Wells as Cèsar Borgia. Wonderful film! Angsty yet ends with a wedding!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:00 pm

Do you love angst? In this case you have to live with Valentine. And with Lucretia.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:01 pm

See the movie dear, just see the movie...

Fics

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:02 pm

Asso wrote:The Valentine was really Italian.

True. I meant that Italy as Italy like the country we know today didn't exist. It was this conglomeration of states, some free and others part of foreign countries. There existed this spirit of "Italy brotherhood" among them, like they knew they were the same nation.

WarpGirl wrote:Sorry but the Borgia's particularly the men scare the heck out of me. I mean if I was the girl I'd be a little nuts and ruthless too, just to survive those freaks. Hey Escriba, ever see the movie "Prince Of Foxes" Orsen Wells as Cèsar Borgia. Wonderful film! Angsty yet ends with a wedding!

Part of their legend is false, though. But I haven't see that movie. Orson Wells as Cèsar Borgia? :shock: I know that he married with the sister of the king of Navarre (every time I write this place in English I remember "LadyHawk" :lol:)

"Yes, miss."
"You do?"

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:05 pm

Nothing new under Sun. Valentine. Lucretia.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:17 pm

Escriba don't knock Orson until you see the movie, it is truly one of those preformances where you think "OK he got into the character just a little too well." Deliciously evil, but of course the Hero (Tyrone Powers) is infinitely better. And more rutheless in a good.

Fics

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”