Vulcan Activities

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Vulcan Activities

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:00 pm

Logical art? Hmm. I wonder how something so subjective can be considered logical. There was an episode of TOS where spock practically drooled over Da Vinci. The thing is if I give her an inerest in art, I have to wonder why she wouldn't have that in common with Koss. After all, he is an architect and that is an artistic profession, as well as a functional one.

You know what really confused me about ENT Vulcans... The lack of jewelry. In all the other ST's they pile the stuff on, women and men. I'm still drooling over a necklace Sarek wore. You think making beaded jewelry would be bad? It is another one of my hobbies but I'm getting desperate. It needs to be something easily protable and hid, because it's her relaxation thing.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Postby Silverbullet » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:15 pm

Warpgirl, you could have Trp teach T-Pol GO. That is a very logical game. Have Hoshi teach T-Pol Poker as she is the Gambler on board. I believe that both Chess and go would appeal to T-Pol as they are grounded in Logic. Poker might also appeal to her not for the betting but for calculating the odds estimating probability in Poker and weighing chance in the mix. that might give her mathematicl mind a workout.

Art? Why can't T-Pol compose Jazz on a synthnsizer (sp) in her quarters as a hobby? Might be relaxing for her. She might take up Yoga to help her in meditating. OF COURSE She and Trip could study the various positions laid out in the Karma Sutra.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:23 pm

Yeah the Karma Sutra is not going to happen EVER in my writing. A Jazz synthnsizer is not exactly discreet. I'm betting she already knows chess. And as I already said Mama Tucker is going to give poker lessons. I need for this hobby to be something pre-Trip, it has to have nothing to do with Trip. This thing is hers all hers, whatever it is.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:12 pm

Maybe I tend to not share many opinions about Vulcans, because I think they are too contrived.
But there is something fascinating in them, especially at Enterprise's time.
I feel them as a struggling society, exactly like Human society, yet barbaric (just so), but intent to the attainment of supernal outcomes.
And arts, inevitably, are the best road to become better.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:50 pm

Warpgirl, sorry I thought this was about T-Pol hobbies aboard the Enterprise.

Mama Tucker giving Poker lessons? to who? Not T-Pol.

If Mama tucker is invloved then your story would have to be placed during her time on Enterprise.

Is this set before she is atttached to the vulcan embassy on Earth? Because I believe it is Cannon that she became acquainted with Jazz at that time so she may indeed compose Jazz for her own amusement. It can be discrete.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:29 am

Yes Mama Tucker is going to teach T'Pol poker in a very far place in the future in my story. Girl has got to bond with the in-laws, she's stuck with them. But for what I need a hobby for has to be something she had before she met Trip. It doesn't even have to be human she has been on dozens of other worlds than all the humans on Enterprise. So if anyone can think up a hobby a Vulcan would reasonably do, I'd like to know their ideas.

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:41 am

How about meditation candle making? All she needs is a little electric hot pot, some plain wax flakes, various essential herbal oils and colors, some fiber wicks, a bowl with sand in it and a few different sized cylinders to make impressions in the sand. She heats the wax flakes, adds the scents she wants, makes an impression in the sand, pours in the wax and adds a wick. Presto. A hobby. And the result is both beautiful and useful.
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:44 am

Dis This is the first one where I think its unique, solitary, and peaceful! Thanks this could work, out so well. I was getting despondent.

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:50 am

I am pleased to be of service, milady. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:08 am

And I am truly grateful. Candles will be great for what I need it for.

Fics

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”