T'Pol's Un-Vulcan Like Behavior

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: T'Pol's Un-Vulcan Like Behavior

Postby Asso » Tue May 26, 2009 2:00 pm

I, too, thought I was going to give up on this one......
But I have to say I distrust categorisations.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue May 26, 2009 2:11 pm

ASSO Do you realize those so called "categorisations" only developed in ENT? And they are there because the govt. at the time is corrupt! You can't take any of its standards as true. Which is why I say you can't judge T'Pol by them. You have to take the rest of ST canon into consideration to analize her actions. To do it under the ENT canon will give you a flawed conclusion. I love T'Pol too. But I've said it before and I'll say it again, the writers tried to make her human. They screwed up. But it wasn't because of the things on that list except the TD.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue May 26, 2009 2:31 pm

WarpGirl, I love T'Pol exactly for what she is. The same things you find wrong in her, make me love her.
Do you see, my friend, how world and perspectives can be different?
Enterprise dragged me again toward Star Trek, finally, and that occurred because I found there T'Pol, and Trip. AND THAT T'POL. AND THAT TRIP.
And I became annoyed only when I saw the writers pursue an useless - gratuitous - angst.
But, frankly, I don't think Aikiweezie wanted to talk about all that, when she opened this thread.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue May 26, 2009 2:36 pm

Hey just because I think she screwed up doesn't mean I don't love her. It just means I hate the writers for being idiots. :D T'Pol is a good, lovely, person. If I didn't like her, I would have never wanted her to be with Trip or be here actually.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue May 26, 2009 2:40 pm

:lol:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue May 26, 2009 3:16 pm

Actually I hate ENT as a series. I hate Archer, most of the story-lines make me cringe, and I end up scaring my cat and dog because I'm screaming at the TV. Well not right now, I'm really sick and I lost my voice. :( Anyway my point is I watch it because I love the concept and Trip, T'Pol, Hoshi, Malcolm, Phlox, Shran, and Soval. Do I think the writers did any of it justice? HECK NO! But the characters make me feel for them even if they are idiots at times. I can't watch DS9 at all, Even though I liked most of the actors, and the story was intriguing, I felt NOTHING for the characters. Well Miles O'Brian and family were the exception to that. But you can't watch something if you're not engaged by the people. So yeah I hate Trellium, and the rampant emotionalism of seasons 1-3. I hate "Harbinger" and Archer worship. But I love Trip and T'Pol. That's enough for me. Oh and Porthos I LOVE Porthos best of all. :D

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Tue May 26, 2009 7:21 pm

Warpgirl. On another board you would be drawn and quartered for your ARcher Hate.

I hate him too. I believe that one of the things that killed the series was just too damned much Archer. Someone called him Gary sue. I guess it means that he is superhuman or something like that.

ARcher started out fairly well but developed in to super King ARcher by Season 2.

That is why I liked the others. They were ordinary people who got exposed to extraodinary things. Trip was a great Egineer, Brave, etc but he could scr4ew up at times because he wore his heart on his sleeve.

Hoshi and Malcolm had they been developed probably would have been very interesting characters too. Only Phlox had any development.

Poor T-Pol was cofined in the first two season to Hero-Worshiping sidekick to Archer.
It was ony uin season three was she allowed any depth at all.

So include me in the anti Archer club.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue May 26, 2009 7:32 pm

Yeah well I don't call other people idiots for loving the man so I guess I can get away with it. I'm not saying you did that, but on some boards stuff like that is what gets you offed. You can love him or hate him it's fine by me but I HATE him period. And I haven't seen anything to change my mind. Back to T'Pol... Yeah she was UnVulcan a lot, but most of it was when she was following the VHC. Also who told JB to roll her eyes, be snappy, and yell at people. UG I HATE that too. That's UnVulcan!!!!! The Trellium too. And if she hadn't been high out of her mind, she would have never had sex with Trip when she did. She probably would have waited until she discovered the bond. So yeah UnVulcan. But she's not a rebel. Defying the VHC was the most Vulcan things she ever did. Well, that and marrying Koss, and comforting Reed when that MACO died on the sphere.

Fics

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Tue May 26, 2009 9:24 pm

Silverbullet wrote:That is why I liked the others. They were ordinary people who got exposed to extraodinary things. Trip was a great Egineer, Brave, etc but he could scr4ew up at times because he wore his heart on his sleeve.

FYI - I am NOT as member of the "Hate Archer Club."

I DO agree with what you said about Trip, etc., especially Trip. He's just such a nice guy. :hug: And Connor Trinneer played him so well.

As far as Jolene/T'Pol rolling her eyes, haven't you ever picked up a mannerism or phrase from someone that you've been hanging around with? I do it all the time.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue May 26, 2009 10:04 pm

She did that from day 1. It's not Vulcan behavior. You said the topic was about her UnVulcan behavior, that is an example of it.

Fics

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Tue May 26, 2009 10:32 pm

Whatever............................ :roll:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue May 26, 2009 10:45 pm

I don't understand, you did say to bring up UnVulcan behavior. During season 1 she was snappish, rude, prejudiced, and she was expressing her emotions as a human would. Now I grant that she was very inexperienced but the topic is UnVulcan behavior. She evened out very well TD aside. I'm just trying to contribute to the discussion.

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Tue May 26, 2009 11:15 pm

Warpgirl. What is TD. I probably should know but my mind is mush lately. So please translate.

Frankly I kind of got a kick out of T-Pol in a few of the Season 1 Episodes when they related to Trip. Strange new Worlds is for me one of the best of Season 1. I reallly liked theTrip/T-Pol interactions. Connor ws unbelievable in that episode and I think that Jolene matched him.

In unexpected again their interaction was great. Jolene protrayed a Pissed Off, jealous female beautifully. Because it was unexpected. It normally should not have bothered T-Pol that trip got Pregers. But she tore the hide off him. In the end of the episode I still think her reference to Trip being the only Human male to get pregnant was T-Pol adding a little punishment for Trips Transgressions in her eyes. Twisting the knife so to speak.

I wish they had allowed T-Pol to be more of a Vulcan trained fighter as she was supossed to be. would have been interesting to see her kicking a litle butt now and again.

To the admiratin of Trip and possible envy.

So much promise in the T-Pol character so much wasted promise.

I absolutely hated that Hero Worshipping Sidekick t-Pol, All it did was to serve to make Archer look great.

I am sorry if I let my Archer dislike creep in.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue May 26, 2009 11:21 pm

Translation TD= Trellium D. I don't mind Jolene being a ticked off Vulcan, I mind how she expressed it. That was a writing flaw not hers. JB and CT are brilliant actors. So are every other actor except Scott Bakula.

Fics

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Tue May 26, 2009 11:44 pm

WarpGirl wrote: I don't understand, you did say to bring up UnVulcan behavior. During season 1 she was snappish, rude, prejudiced, and she was expressing her emotions as a human would. Now I grant that she was very inexperienced but the topic is UnVulcan behavior. She evened out very well TD aside. I'm just trying to contribute to the discussion.

Every OTHER Vulcan portrayed in Season 1 was curt, rude, distainful and prejudiced toward humans. Not just T'Pol. That one captain that Archer invited for dinner for example.

Let's call a truce on this Warp Girl - I'm tired. You and I see things very differently.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”