"Impulse" and "Damage" question

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: "Impulse" and "Damage" question

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:45 pm

I didn't say they were successful. I said she was working on it. Also I know it was in a container and the container blew up, therefore there was TD dust in the air, just like the Seleya.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

pdsldl
Captain
Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby pdsldl » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:08 pm

WarpGirl wrote:I didn't say they were successful. I said she was working on it. Also I know it was in a container and the container blew up, therefore there was TD dust in the air, just like the Seleya.

They were trying to synthesize it and it blew up before it was cooked so it's unlikely there was any TD present at the time.
Always Follow Your Heart

http://psdunc.wordpress.com/

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:11 pm

I'm thouroughly confused. Anyway truth be told I couldn't figure out how the TD was getting into the Vulcans bloodstreams on the Seleya anyway. They never explained it.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

pdsldl
Captain
Captain

Postby pdsldl » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:17 pm

They were in an asteroid like field of TD rocks that overwhelmed their systems and must have been breathed in. Phlox said the damage was cumulative and because they had been exposed for so long there was nothing they could do. Had T'Pol been there much longer hlox said he wouldn't have been able to help her so to me that says she hadn't been exposed before of there would have been signs of trouble before that.
Always Follow Your Heart

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:24 pm

Yeah which is why none of it makes any sense whatsoever. If T'Pol went nuts after a few hours on one ship, how could she handle months of injecting herself? HELLO! Not possible. Also just being in an astroid field wouldn't get the TD into the Vulcans blood, so HOW WERE THEY EXPOSED?????????? They never said. Also the Vankara the other Vulcan ship never made it to any sources of TD so I take that to mean the anomalies were also screwing them over.

Fics

pdsldl
Captain
Captain

Postby pdsldl » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:40 pm

I assumed it had to have been breathed in that's why they couldn't use it on Enterprise, otherwise they could have worked with it in protective gear to keep T'Pol from being exposed and it being airborne would be the only reason not to coat the necessary bulkheads and make T'Pol use gloves if she had to come into direct contact with them. Being in a field surrounded by the stuff would mean it was a very high dose of TD and if all the Vulcans were affected there would be no one to get them out of there.

If you go back and watch the episodes after Impulse you begin to notice the little signs of something being wrong with T'Pol, which you may have overlooked before because you didn't know about her addiction. Using small amounts instead of being immersed in an atmosphere saturated with it would most likely slow down the effects. It's even possible they brought it on board for the same reason Enterprise did and exposed themselves to it but I find that less likely as it began affecting T'Pol so soon after they boarded Seleya.
Always Follow Your Heart

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:46 pm

But she was in that TD mine in The Xindi the suff covered EVERYONE and EVERYTHING, plus she gave Trip nuropressure when he was still covered in it after 3 showers!!!!!!!!! So she was exposed several times and NOTHING happened. So all of the sudden she goes to the Seleya goes nuts, and then injects herself and it takes MONTHS to catch up. Sorry I don't buy it. Everything Phlox said contradicts what we see/

Fics

pdsldl
Captain
Captain

Postby pdsldl » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:16 pm

Trip was covered in crap in the sewers he crawled through and I'm sure Phlox put them through extensive decon before he took his 3 showers. We don't know how much exposure he had in the mines, but it still being on his skin was unlikely. And I still maintain there was no exposure while they tried to make the stuff as it kept blowing up before it could be completed. A massive dose of the stuff that had most likely saturated the environment on Seleya by the time Enterprise stumbled on them could bring on symptoms fairly quickly.

She most likely injected very small doses to get the needed affect not a massive amount like she was exposed to on the ship. The buildup was slow when she injected herself and the addiction snuck up on her. As soon as she was aware she was addicted she went to Phlox for help.
Always Follow Your Heart

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:22 pm

He blatantly says the TD is still on him in his hair and under his nails, and he had a hard time getting it off his skin. If it was in his hair it's on his scalp, scalp is SKIN!!!! If he couldn't wash it off he's still covered. Sorry I'm just quoting. Anyhow, even in small doeses it should not have taken months to become a problem if Phlox got it right in Impulse. Technical error.

Fics

pdsldl
Captain
Captain

Postby pdsldl » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:50 pm

TUCKER: I must have been in the shower for two hours and I still had that crap in my hair and under my nails.
REED: We cleared bioscan, that's all that matters.
TUCKER: Yeah. The two new guys that got hurt, are they okay?
REED: The Doctor's got them back in their quarters already.
TUCKER: You've got to admit, their team did a pretty impressive job down there. Nothing your guys couldn't have done just as well.
REED: I'm not so sure about that. See you in the morning.
TUCKER: All right.

'Crap' being the feces and urine in the sewage they went through to escape not the TD.

Phlox explains in Impulse:

TUCKER: It doesn't make sense. T'Pol and I have been working with trellium for weeks. She hasn't shown any symptoms.
PHLOX: I don't imagine she would have. Despite your best efforts, you weren't able to synthesis it in any significant quantities. The crew of the Seleya, however, had the misfortune of wandering into an asteroid field filled with the compound. Trellium-D is a potent neurotoxin to the Vulcan nervous system. It disrupts the synaptic pathways that allow them to control emotions. Unfortunately the rate of decay is accelerating.
Always Follow Your Heart

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:17 pm

Hmm Well I suppose we see it differently. I took it to mean that he had both the sewage and the TD on him. Anyway there is still no explanation on how the TD in the astroids got into the Vulcan's blood. None, zip, nadda, nothing.

Fics

pdsldl
Captain
Captain

Postby pdsldl » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:50 pm

Inhalation through lungs it clamps onto the copper or whatever their lungs releases into their bloodstream and poisons their system.
Always Follow Your Heart

Dinah
Commander
Commander

Postby Dinah » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:15 pm

If I remember right, the Vulcans were trying to line the inside of the Seleya's hull with trellium. That would have put it inside the ship, making them even more susceptible to it. As soon as T'Pol walked on board she was in trouble. My question is why didn't Archer or Phlox insist that she wear an EV suit? That might have at least afforded some protection for her. It was obvious that the ship was in trouble -- and she was Vulcan, too -- why not err on the side of caution.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:19 pm

Very good point. Who knows? Drama necessities?
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

pdsldl
Captain
Captain

Postby pdsldl » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:36 pm

Dinah wrote:If I remember right, the Vulcans were trying to line the inside of the Seleya's hull with trellium. That would have put it inside the ship, making them even more susceptible to it. As soon as T'Pol walked on board she was in trouble. My question is why didn't Archer or Phlox insist that she wear an EV suit? That might have at least afforded some protection for her. It was obvious that the ship was in trouble -- and she was Vulcan, too -- why not err on the side of caution.

If sensors only showed Trellium in the air they may have assumed it was safe. Trip assumed it was safe as they had been working with it although it would have been in very small quantities. It would have been safer to have them all in an EV suit going into an unknown bad situation but as we saw many times Archer and Reed didn't always do what was best when they were in a hurry.

I thought they had brought it on board to use as Enterprise was in the process of doing. I just wrote it off to no one knowing that Vulcans were susceptible to any toxic affects of TD.
Always Follow Your Heart

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”