The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: TnT's Bond - How does it work?

Postby Asso » Thu May 22, 2008 6:33 pm

And I hope your new work... works! :D
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Fri May 23, 2008 8:05 pm

I think of the bond more in the sense of sensing each others emotions and sometimes also images of the mind. I have a idea about the bond and I like some input about it.
Can the bond be blocked other then Trip or T'pol is using blocking techniques? In that case, the bond still exist, but both Trip and T'pol can not feel it any more. I red stories from Distracted and Rigil about it when the bond was blocked through a overflow in telepathic energy (sort of), a enery blast, and by the surroundings of a building where T'pol was.
Any other ideas? :poke:
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Fri May 23, 2008 8:11 pm

In the end I think this Bond is an act of love.
And T'Pol knows that very well!
She's a one! :lol:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Fri May 23, 2008 8:13 pm

Asso wrote:In the end I think this Bond is an act of love.
And T'Pol knows that very well!
She's a one! :lol:

I agree with you :D
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:05 am

Canon has changed here and there over the years, but most of the extent of my knowledge about bonds and Vulcan mating rituals comes from studying Spock and All Things Vulcan when Classic Trek was all I ate, slept, and breathed.

To be honest, I don't think T'Pol even knows how it works with her and Trip, because Vulcan-Human sexual/emotional relationships just weren't happening, and if they were, nobody was talking about it. As we gather from "Amok Time," bonds are usually first established at the age of 7 when families hash out their archaic marriage agreements and the kids are betrothed to each other. That's how they know how to seek each other out at the onset of Pon Farr. T'Pol had such a bond with Koss, so things in that neighborhood were as she expected them to be, even if he wasn't the one she wanted.

With Trip...I think it had to be purely an accident. T'Pol is a passionate being that was trapped in a Vulcan mind for a very long time. There are a lot of things that we humans take for granted that are a big deal for Vulcans because of how they view intimacy--the whole hand-holding issue, for example, or knowing one's age. T'Pol, I think, was just granting Trip more and more intimacies, right along with the sex, all the while reaching out to him more. Some of that had to be telepathically as well as emotionally. Perhaps she didn't worry about it because Trip isn't a Vulcan, but since his is Yin to her Yang, a sort of spiritual/sexual/emotional/telepathic alchemy happened, and BLAM!--they're bonded.

While writing this I thought to myself that Sarek would probably be the one who would know the particulars of bonding with a human on purpose, and would be able to put a finer point on the "how"...but then I wondered if maybe his attachment to Amanda had been just as accidental, if he, too, had met a captivating human and just got caught up in it all, so to speak. :wink:
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:19 am

ShouldKnowBetter's strange pairing of Amanda (Cole, not Grayson) and Soval really shows what you're talking about as well. You should check out Soval's Annex on House of Tucker.
Image sig by chrisis1033

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:21 am

Yup, that's a good one. :D
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:02 am

Thanks! I'll definitely check that out. :D

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:11 pm

Honestly I think the type of mating bond depends on the strength of a Vulcan's telepathic and empathic powers. During "Enterprise" the stigma on melding and other things makes me think that the corrupt Vulcan government was trying to deny Vulcans their telepathic heritage. Considering the Romulans supposedly don't have the same abilities and they were infiltrating the government that makes sense. Who knows for how many decades it was going on. People like Soval T'Les and T'Pau were either hiding their affiliations and abilities or condemed as terrorists. It's likely T'Les and T'Pol's father considered it too dangerous to teach T'Pol her true heritage, and therefore she would only have vague knowledge of mating bonds. She had no idea of what melding was until Tolaris.

I think that if you write T'Pol as a powerful telepath then she and Trip could commuicate over huge distances. I think she's already a powerful empath that's why she could stay six months with humans and not go crazy. If it wasn't for the Trellium nonsense she could have probably handled it well. I think Trip also has some sort of empathic abilities because he's able to relate to all kinds of different beings. People are drawn to him. Add all that together and you could create anything. Of course you can go the opposite way as well. In the end it's your preference.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:14 pm

From another thread.

Anyway I want to say I love the Bond, but I feel it as a deep love link.
As many Humans have.
Only, T'Pol is an Alien, so her Bond has to be a little bit Alien.
But this Bond is as old as the Universe, and it is called with many names.
But it is a sole thing.

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:28 pm

I think all those neuropressure sessions were the beginning of it. Vulcans are touch telepaths, right? And the bond is supposed to form slowly. Well, they spent lots of time touching each other all over, half-naked. In one episode they are talking about something going on in engineering, too, so they were obviously developing a more personal relationship during that time, too. Sharing their day with each other and what not.

Just today, I watched the episode wher she gives Trip his first session of neuropressure and he comments that he needs two more showers to get all the Trilliam D off of him (when he was in the mine). I was wondering to myself if there was anything more to that - did he still have residual Trilliam D on him when she was touching him!?! Did that have anything to do with her lack of emotional control around him?

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:34 pm

Why searching for some material reasons, Aikiweezie? :lol:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:41 pm

Trellium D is one of the reasons I hate the show. But I love the fanfic.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:58 pm

I didn't mind the Trellium-D so much, simply from the perspective that NOBODY wakes up one morning and says "I'm gonna become a junky today!" It happens in all segments of our society--doctors, lawyers, politicians, scientists--it's not just a problem of the poor and/or uneducated.

Sometimes addictions begin with the best of intentions. You have someone with a demanding life, like a student or a long-haul trucker or a doctor...someone who needs "just a little help" to stay awake so they can pass that exam or make that delivery on time or save that life, which would make their life and their family's life better by ensuring making a good living...but the next thing you know you're caught on that crap, and you need something to do the opposite thing so you can go to sleep when you want to, and before you know it it's a big ol' mess and that better life you were working for is shot to hell 'cos you're on Skid Row now.

So, from that perspective, I can appreciate that it happened to T'Pol, too. It also reminds me of how the kids at school turned out...often the ones who had the most repressive upbringing were the ones who lost their damn marbles the moment they weren't supervised. From a certain point of view, T'Pol could've felt she was being VERY scientific by checking out how the "other half" lives, and then a part of her LIKES what she's discovered and doesn't want to go back to all that control. And then THAT freaks her out. Little did she know how hard it would be to put the genie back into the bottle.

I see the Trellium much as I see alcohol--it lowers the inhibitions, it may cause questionable judgment, but neither puts ideas into one's head that aren't already there. Trellium or no, they got a bond because they WANTED each other deep down, regardless of what their internal censors were saying.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:09 pm

Oh I understand where you're coming from. I never meant to imply drug addiction is a "lower class" issue. It isn't and believe me I respect that. Believe me I have A LOT of experience with the problem. My objection isn't because of T'Pol's accomplishments it comes from her species. T'Pol isn't human she shouldn't think like one or behave like one. And a true Vulcan wouldn't become addicted to a substance because they wouldn't think in human terms. That's why I hate it so much.

I don't believe the Trellium caused the bond either. That was a mutual choice biology took care of the rest.

Fics

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”