Challenge Idea

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Re: Challenge Idea

Postby aadarshinah » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:43 pm

Okay, I'm just going to list everything we appear to have agreed on, and then the ones that are my interpretations of the suggested, and we can vote, or change, or whatever accordingly.

(definites)
1) The story will be called "The Slopes of Andoria"
2) It must involve Shran being aboard Enterprise for some reason, with the reason for his presence being at the disgression of the author who first writes his presence.
3) Trip and T'Pol must go down to the surface of Andoria, again at the disgression of the author who first writes them on actually on the planet
4) The story should take place within six months of "Terra Prime", ie, no later than July 2155
5) Each chappie must be between 1.5 to 2.5 pages, or approx 1600 - 2700 words long (to give some leeway), should preferably end with a cliffie, and should be submitted to me for beta-ing before it can be posted.
(tenatives)
6) As we are only six, to get a story of any length we shall have to do at least two round robins. Kotik has been nominated for first dibs, but other than that the order is up to us. I'd like third, for no other reason than I do, but that's flexible. When we get to seconds, I suggest the order doesn't have to be the same, so long as you've not written one of the last 3 chappies.
7) Each chapter should be written within 7-10 days of the last posting, if at all possible. If not, keep us updated on the progress. If we've not heard anything from you in 2 weeks on the progress, you may be skipped (to keep the story moving).
8) If the story is not completed by 2 round robins (ie, 12 chappies), we can begin a third. Any author unwilling to continue at this point may say so, but any joining up must agree to at least the inital two. Additional authors can join at any point, if they add their name to the list and are told what chappie is theirs to write.

My own suggestion is also, try to stick to canon as much as possible. The story can (and will) go AU, possibly dip into MU, and a whole host of other things, but we can't suddenly pretend, I dunno, that T'Pol never had the trellium addiction or that the events of "Home" didn't happen. Not saying some minor tweaking can't be made, but try to stick to what was on screen. The suggestions of what season 5 was to entail should be up for grabs as well (if we're going to take Shran, we might as well take the lot) but aren't nessicary. In fact, the less we have any idea what might happen, the better...

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Distracted » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:55 pm

I'm good with all of that. :D

I'd also like to do a final review on my chapters after the betaing is done and before they're posted if any changes are made if that's okay with whoever betas. No reflection on the beta, of course. It's just my OCD rearing its ugly head. :roll:
Image sig by chrisis1033

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:03 am

no prob. If that's what you want, well, who am I do deny the story a chance for higher greatness?
Though, I tell you I just got the worst idea for why they'd be on the surface...

Anyone else alive on this thread? Any takers for 2nd, 4th-6th place?

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:17 am

So, are we going to arrange an order in advance? If so, I'll be second. Or whatever.
Image sig by chrisis1033

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:23 am

Well, we need at least the 1st and 2nd planned out....

Does this mean we're ready to get started?

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:41 am

I think we're good to go :D

I accept aadarshinah's proposal and start the festivities with the first chapter. That's the order of authors as we have established so far:

1. Kotik
2. Distracted
3. aadarshinah

the rest will be established soon. I'll start the first chapter immediately :)

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:45 am

Thank you Kotik! looking forward to it

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:57 am

:happyjump:

Let's do it!!!
Image sig by chrisis1033

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:02 am

Chapter 1's been sent to aadarshinah for beta'ing :mrgreen:

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:10 am

Whoa, Nellie! He's quick! :shock:

Might as well send it to me, too, so I can start writing the next part this weekend. PM me and I'll give you my email address.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:14 am

Well, considering that I produced some 50 pages of fiction since that idiot smashed my ribs in, writing two pages isn't much work now, is it ;)

And it doesn't mean that it is the finished product, it's just my initial version, I'm sure it'll need a bit of additional work :)

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:06 am

I could be number four, but I prefer being number five due to my vacation plans. But I got some ideas for the story :badgrin: - and I am very curious about yours!
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:15 am

Kotik must have submited the chapter to me five min after I went to bed... Either way, it's beta'd now and looking :thumbsup: , so hopefully we'll see it up soon.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:48 am

Updated order of authors (still two tickets to sell ;) )

1. Kotik
2. Distracted
3. aadarshinah
5. panyasan

Enerdhil
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Enerdhil » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:28 pm

I can try the fourth position... I'm not very engaged up to 22 August...

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”