Necessity

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Necessity

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:02 pm

You crack me up Silverbullet because in one of your stories I found it completely angsty! Also everyone on the planet deals with angst in one way or another, nobody has an angst free life. I wish! To me treating characters respectfully and with dignity means portraying them accurately. Even if you don't like it. But that's just me.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby Escriba » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:36 pm

Asso wrote:You're right, Escriba, and, in fact, it wasn't my intention to promote any debate. I wanted merely to explain my feelings about some comments I found on my latest story, because some people appeared to me to get surprised I wrote a story full with angst (even if, to tell the truth, I had already done that.)
At the same time I wanted to clarify my position about AU Universes, giving some responses to something that I have read on "New Fanfic Up" thread. I thought It was inopportune I used that thread, and so (You know I'm a narcissist! :D ) I started this one.
But, honestly, I didn't think I could light any spark.
:dunno:

Oh, I know, I just wanted to remind everybody what happened the last time. I'm perfectly aware of this thread being "Reason's why Asso writing a sad E2 story when he has stated more than once that he doesn't like E2 universe very much is perfectly logical. It's just that people have this preconceived ideas of what the Italian poet can write and what he can't" :D By the way, you made me weep with your story, evil, evil man ;-) That was sad.

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"
"Yes, miss. Lawyers, miss."

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:39 pm

Um I was just wondering if something depressed him so badly that he had an angst explosion. Personally, I don't think there's anything a writer can or cannot write if they put their mind to it.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:46 pm

Escriba wrote:...It's just that people have this preconceived ideas of what the Italian poet can write and what he can't" :D By the way, you made me weep with your story, evil, evil man ;-) That was sad.

YES! I'M AN EVIL MAN! :twisted:

WarpGirl wrote:Um I was just wondering if something depressed him so badly that he had an angst explosion. Personally, I don't think there's anything a writer can or cannot write if they put their mind to it.

Depressed? Me? I'M AN EVIL MAN!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:49 pm

Obviously. :neutral:

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:55 pm

Goodness can exist even in Lucifer.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:59 pm

I'm pretty sure in the concept of "hell" or "lucifer" goodness isn't supposed to exist. Otherwise it defeats the purpose. :dunno:

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:04 pm

I'm more "liberal" about that.
But you know: Italians are a little cynical.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:27 pm

I'm just a literal person. Which is why I sometimes need copious amounts of "clarification" when it comes to socializing with others. And I'm not sure I'd use the word cynical to describe the Italians in mi familia. Other words, sure. But not cynical.

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:42 pm

Excuse me. I didnt't want to offend you. But, somehow, it's true. Italians are Poetic. And cynical. Do you remember "Marcus Valerius Martialis" Martial?

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:51 pm

I think an american education is somewhat different then an Italian or Europian education. Here we just don't study many Italian poets, usually Dante. And I only know a little about him through a college history class. Even my relatives straight off the boat from Italy never really taught me much about being Italian, only how to cook Italian food. So when I say I don't understand you, it's because I really don't. Not because I want to fight. I have no frame of reference for your POV.

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:07 pm

Oh WarpGirl! Italians are a little cynical, but also... slightly wimp ! I am proud I have found you! :D

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:09 pm

I very much doubt the Brogia's were considered wimps. How did you "find me?"

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:19 pm

You are strange to me. And captivating. You are Italian, probably you can't understand how much. And, at the same time, you are foreign. I find you enthralling.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:32 pm

Hate to break it to you, but honestly I've got quite a bit of Irish in me. So naturally, I'm a bit whimisical and a scrapper as well. If I had to say which part of my heritage influences me the most, I'd say the Irish. But hey, it's why I tolorate angst so well.

Fics

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”