Wedding Wear

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Wedding Wear

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:20 pm

If I remember right the first one has no back, (I was looking at gowns last year) but I love the second one for her. I'm not sure she'd like bare shoulders though.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Postby Silverbullet » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:36 pm

Panyasan, think I read tha t story and the ceremony took place on Vulcan. The Red robe was just right for that setting.

HOwever, I like the Soft Green. Doubt if she would go for a backless or sleeveless gown. No lace or frils though. I think that a long sleeve wit back would be best as she might get cold otherwwise. Silver, Never thought of that. could be..... Bring out her Hair and there Bronze Skin tones. Yeah, a Silver Gown. What Cloth? Getting there.

Now, something Old, something New, something borrowed, something Blue?

Thanks kids.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:41 pm

But I solved this back in 2007 before any o yous even showed up here.

Bang. Wedding dress.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:44 pm

Well we know she likes silk! ;-) Well, I don't think it's absolutely necessary that the gown have long sleeves. She doesn't seem that cold on the ship. Unless this wedding is on earth... Hmm, while fussy might be out it doesn't mean the dress should be plain. Embroidery (maybe somthing with a vulcan asthetic), and draping could liven it up. T'Pol might appreciate something un fussy she doesn't seem to appreaciate plain clothing.

EK :tears: That is pretty good. Waterford???
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:45 pm

Rembrandt's Flora.

I call this one "T'Flora". It's from Oct 2007.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:48 pm

Dang! Rembrant has a lot of pre-raphealite characteristics! I'm ashamed of myself. Oh to be able to go back to school. I miss being an Art Histor major. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:51 pm

Actually the gown looks Chinese. Don't believe that T'Pol would wear flowers in her Hair not Human flowers at least. Nothing with a scent. Nice Picuture thought. Rembrant?

SB

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:31 am

Ok I've been thinking about this because I like fashion, Vulcans, and art, so I gotta say this...

1. That's not a Chinese wedding dress. It's European 1500-1600's.

2. Ek has an extremely valid points, there are similarities between this asthetic and 2150's Vulcan asthetic.

3. It's human.

4. Vulcan do like flowers that have scents, and in Trek there are at least 5 famous ones that have horticulture as a hobby. I don't see why T'Pol would avoid flowers, or things that smell good.

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:00 pm

T'Pol would avoid them because Vulcan Females have a heightened sense of scent. That is why they need Nasal inhibtors to avoid the smell of Humans. That would include flowers and the like.

The robe may 15th century Euiropean but it is not a modern Wedding dress that T'Pol would wear for Trip.

SB

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:11 pm

Only SB can tell us what T'Pol actually wore in his story. But whether it's that one or not, that's a great picture.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:15 pm

Silverbullet wrote:T'Pol would avoid them because Vulcan Females have a heightened sense of scent. That is why they need Nasal inhibtors to avoid the smell of Humans. That would include flowers and the like.

SB

What the... Why do you say that. Humans Stink for Vulcans yes, but that doesn't mean flowers smell bad. And they don't need nasel inhibitors, they choose to use them. There's nothing that says a Vulcan avoids flowers!!!!!! I'm sorry but that's just too wierd.

Why does it have to be a "modern" wedding dress? You said it has to be human, so why modern?

Fics

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:24 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Why does it have to be a "modern" wedding dress? You said it has to be human, so why modern?

They can have any type of wedding they want. But if T'Pol's reason for having the wedding is to respect the human cultural traditions, then I would have thought it was logical :vulcan: for her dress to reflect those customs and traditions are they stand now.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:43 pm

WG, if you watch the first Episodes of Enterprise. T'Pol reports to Archer, Trip is in the room. T'Pol says that she used a Nasal inhibotor because the scent of Human males is offensive to her. Trip says he took a shower that morning. She is not amused. Porthos also upsets her too. Probably because of his Dog smell. Not sure but she may have said that Vulcan femals have a heightened sense of smell.

So, yes she uses a Nasal inhibotor as a defense against odors. that would proably include the Rose because it has a very powerful odor as does some other Earth flowers.

SB

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:48 pm

But humans and porthos smell bad, that's why she uses them. That doesn't mean she doesn't want to smell anything. And she does stop using them. Nevermind. It doesn't matter.

Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:48 pm

BUT IT DOES MATTER! IT'S VITALLY IMPORTANT!

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”