Challenge Idea

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Kotik

Re: Challenge Idea

Postby Kotik » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:36 pm

aadarshinah wrote:Panyasan, Kotik, Distracted, me... I dunno. anyone feel like recruiting?

I'll nag the hell out of WarpGirl until she signs up, too :lol:

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain
Twitter username: ladyrainbow

Postby Lady Rainbow » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:17 pm

I'm game, if you guys are willing to have me. :mrgreen:
Avatar of Hoshi/Malcom "The Dogwalker" courtesy of ivymae at http://www.captainsoma.com/enterpriseoddities/main.html

Siggy complete with beagle! :)

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:47 pm

Lady Rainbow wrote:I'm game, if you guys are willing to have me. :mrgreen:

Who are we to turn down a lady :mrgreen: Of course you are welcom ma'am :D

ginamr
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Show On Map: No

Postby ginamr » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:07 pm

I'm in!! Let me know.
New:
Coming Home: Five+Epilogue
6.06: Fall Out

Under Construction:
The Prank War 2
Secret Meetings, Story Two--Wet
6.07: Vestiges of Qualor
Coming This Christmas (December 2012): White Christmas
Hybrid: Prologue & Chapter One--Inspired by Aquarius's "Tag" challenge.

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:46 pm

Panyasan, Kotik, Distracted, Lady Rainbow, ginamr, and me. That makes 6. If Kotik manages to get warpgirl, that makes 7. Three more and I think this'll stand a shot.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:50 pm

aadarshinah wrote:Panyasan, Kotik, Distracted, Lady Rainbow, ginamr, and me. That makes 6. If Kotik manages to get warpgirl, that makes 7. Three more and I think this'll stand a shot.

Don't think that WG is going for it :? There's a heated argument on in the "Vulcan Modesty" thread and she's in the midst of it. That's a fire I can't put out, so six is rather more realistic than seven :?

Enerdhil
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Enerdhil » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:02 am

Well, if there is someone to do the beta-reading, I can try (but I don't like to write AU or MU...)

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:04 am

I'll Beta, if people can put up with up to 24hr delays while I get my work/school thing sorted out.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:50 am

24 hours is not a delay. 24 hours just indicates that you have a life beyond your computer. 8)

Okay. So how many is that, Kotik? Are we ready to brainstorm an opening scenario and agree on it or do we just take pot luck with whoever writes the first scene? I like the idea of Enterprise being sent to Andoria and discovering that Shran is in the middle of whatever Starfleet has asked them to deal with. And then we'd need to come up with a pretext to get an away team down to the planet. You know...to get to the slopes. ;-)

We should probably discuss only vague generalities on this thread and not specifics, so as not to spill the beans to our readers.

We must of course also decide on a vital question which is absolutely essential to plot development. Do Andorians ski or board? :lol:
Image sig by chrisis1033

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:40 pm

I think we're 6 people so far. It's not as many as I would have hoped, but it's a start and hopefully some more people will jump the band wagon, once we've started.

I think the best time to start would be after "Terra Prime". We could deal with the fallout that met Shran after losing the Kumari in "Babel One" and go from there by means of Enterprise being involved in some business on Andoria - maybe something related to the early starts of the Coalition.

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:53 pm

They were suggesting that Shran might join Enterprise in the 5th season... it could be something to do with that, as with all the other fallout. But think we let our first author deal with the specifics... And figure out who goes first before we get to far along. Kotik, it's your baby. You want firsties, or want to pick the first author?

Distracted wrote:24 hours is not a delay. 24 hours just indicates that you have a life beyond your computer

Life beyond my computer? No! Until this stupid internship of mine... well, that's best left for another thread.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:05 pm

I think we should first get a rough bearing on which direction we go, before anyone starts writing. I like the idea of Shran ending up on Enterprise, so what do the other interested writers think?

Enerdhil
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Enerdhil » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:18 pm

Kotik wrote:I think we should first get a rough bearing on which direction we go, before anyone starts writing. I like the idea of Shran ending up on Enterprise, so what do the other interested writers think?

But in a permanent or temporary assignment? That'is Shran has a high standard in the Andorian fleet, it appears not very matched to him being only an officer at Enterprise, unless for a specific reason (let's say, initially upgrading and testing an Andorian sensor array on board?).

Will Enterprise initially arrive Andoria to meet Shran? I've an idea for a TnT scene on the landing party... :)

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:52 pm

I say we leave the details up to the authors as we go along. That way we keep up maximum interest. And plus where's the fun in knowing exactly what will be written? Only that Shran will be on enterprise for some reason, the crew - or at least trip and t'pol - will have to go down to andoria, and that it takes place, oh, say some point in the 6 months or so after "Terra Prime".

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:21 pm

I agree. Let's give the authors some leeway.

Okay, so how are we going to choose the order of authors? Must the previous author challenge his/her successor or can we volunteer? Is an author allowed to be challenged more than once? If we're only going to do 2 page installments and we only have six authors signed up I would guess each of us will have to take several turns if we want a story of any length. To make sure everyone gets the same number of turns should we stay with the same order in subsequent rounds once the first round is done? And I'd really like to ask that each submission end with a cliffhanger. It's so much fun that way.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”