What Kind Of Jewelry Does A Guy Buy A Vulcan?

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: What Kind Of Jewelry Does A Guy Buy A Vulcan?

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:39 am

Heck yes! You are SO right. Most people don't see that much when talking about Vulcans. There is so much more than "logic" to their culture. That's why every little move T'Pol makes that isn' strictly logical people yell "Yey there's our rebel" Um yeah in some ways in others not-so-much. Logic is not the only thing that makes a Vulcan Vulcan.

OK back to Jewlery. I was thinking maybe Trip should give her a ruby. For his red blood while T'Pol could give him an emerald for her green. Too corney?
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:37 am

I have thought about a ring with a red and green band joined together. Whatever it is, it's the thought behind it that counts. I rather have a small, carefully chosen ring then a ring with the biggest diamond attached to it. ;-)
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Transwarp
Captain
Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby Transwarp » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:26 am

WarpGirl wrote:I was thinking maybe Trip should give her a ruby. For his red blood while T'Pol could give him an emerald for her green. Too corney?

I like this idea. Whether it ends up being corny depends on the execution, I suppose.

panyasan wrote:I have thought about a ring with a red and green band joined together.

I rather like this idea, as well. Perhaps an amalgamation of the two? Each ring with a small emerald and ruby, side by side.
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:54 pm

Oh not for the wedding rings. :oops: I just meant somewhere down the road. Especially if Trip needs a good sorry gift, which he probably will. Then again, I KNOW T'Pol will. :-p
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Transwarp
Captain
Captain

Postby Transwarp » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:49 pm

A sorry gift. Hmmm... How about a complete set of the archives of 'Proceedings of the Interstellar Institute of Astrophysics and Cosmology'?

Unless she already has it, of course.
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:54 pm

Um I think she would. Besides speaking as a woman, men usually score more I'm sorry points and get off the couch earlier with some bling.

Fics

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:06 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Um I think she would. Besides speaking as a woman, men usually score more I'm sorry points and get off the couch earlier with some bling.
Really? Mine just scores "sorry-points" by saying sorry and offering some flowers. Next time I demand some gold! :lol: :lol: On topic: I also think a "sorry-present" for T'Pol would be more in lines of the greates jazz collection, a scientific research paper she is dying to read or the complete works of a writer she likes then some ring or bracelet. Unless it has a special meaning for her.
Love is a verb.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:10 pm

Wait you husband actually says sorry? And...FLOWERS! No men in my family do that, NOT ONE! I didn't think they existed out of romance novels and movies. :faint: Meh I just guess I want Trip to spoil her a bit. Not a Vulcan thing but very human, and well after all the hell they've gone through they deserve it.

Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:50 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Um I think she would. Besides speaking as a woman, men usually score more I'm sorry points and get off the couch earlier with some bling.

Gah. I hate getting jewelry and perfume as presents. It just sits around pointlessly taking up space because I don't wear it. Flowers, on the other hand, always make me happy.

On a starship I'd think something like that would be especially cool, unless they smell too strong. (Paperwhites on a starship could probably start a mutiny.)

I would think T'Pol would be easy if you were willing to hunt for 1) candles of the kind she likes (you wouldn't want to get the wrong scent), 2) a pretty pillow for her bed or bench, 3) real Vulcan tea, or 4) some Vulcan food in stasis. And, of course, the old standby, Triaxian silk pj's. 8)
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:01 pm

Oh Alelou you're every man's dream, but they still usually forget the flowers. Here's the thing, flowers not practical. On VOY it's different. Replicators for one thing, and they needed a garden for another. As for all the other things yeah they're awesome but seriously an I'm sorry present usually needs to be given PRONTO! Jewlery is easier to hide and store. And like I said I don't know what the costume people were thinking, but all the Vulcans I've seen not in a uniform pile on the bling, men women. Equal oppertunity bling.

Fics

Dinah
Commander
Commander

Postby Dinah » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:07 pm

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest if you want to use 2 IDIC pendants. Feel free. I think it would be reasonable and logical for the characters, given their differences and their desire to come together as a couple.

As for a wedding ring, I don't think T'Pol would wear it on her finger, especially in public. I think she'd be more likely to wear it on a chain around her neck -- maybe on the same chain that holds her IDIC medallion. The ring would probably only have meaning for her because it's culturally important to Trip. Since it's important to him, she would want to keep it close to her and very personal. Weddings rings, in the past, were probably as much or more about ownership than commitment, i.e. that's my spouse, hands off. Trip and T'Pol know they belong to each other.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:10 pm

What is the logic in wearing jewelry, anyway? I suppose it's an easy, portable way to carry some of one's wealth around. It can mark your status. It might contribute to one's aesthetic appreciation of a form, I suppose. None of these strikes me as particularly logical reasons to expend the time and effort in the necessary production of jewelry, not to mention the impact on the environment that comes with mining, but whatever. You can tell Vulcans are not nearly as dry and emotionless as they like to claim the minute they put on a costume different from anyone else's.
Image.Image

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:11 pm

T-Pol doesn't like vulcan Tea she preferes Cammomile.

Ruby being my birthstone I prefer it. since Trip does not know what month T-Pol was born in or if Vulcans even have birthstones kinda think that would be out. What stone says Love? Except Diamonds.

flowers are so temporary. My wife loves to get them but she likes something permanent. She doesn't wear Jewelry so cents goes over well. T-Pol doesn't wear scents.

Trisilk PM's sounds best. they are permanent and perhaps Trip can get her to model them for him.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:14 pm

Why is it always the man who has to buy the presents? A women can buy a nice gift for him as well. Maybe T'Pol could buy something for Trip. My husband always buys me funny gifts - a heart when you squeeze it it says "I love you". Horrible, but very funny (he is the crazy guy in the family) because he gives it. I can see Trip giving T'Pol a very silly gifts just to she her reaction.
Love is a verb.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:22 pm

Ah, yes, SB, you're right about the tea.

Does anyone like Vulcan tea on that ship? Maybe it tastes like the tea does at work, as if it's been run through the same pot that made the coffee... it's HORRIBLE.

Panyasan, I could see Trip doing that too.

I've never had any trouble coming up with presents that my husband will like ... it just has to be a gadget of some kind, or some sort of car accessory, and he's usually a happy camper. I think this year I'm going to get him a portable mp3 player speaker system. I asked for an MP3 player for my birthday last year and after he saw what it could do he had to go out and get himself one too.

Meanwhile he got me a Blackberry when our cell contract was up and three months later I still haven't figured out how to use it for anything but making phone calls.
Image.Image

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”