The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: Tag! You're it!!

Postby Asso » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:53 pm

You don't have to do that.
Your story has a big breath. If Linda's is good, that doesn't mean that yours has a minor worth.
And...remember... I'M STILL WAITING FOR THE FOLLOWING OF YOUR FINAL FIX. I found the first chapters absolutely enthralling!
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:33 am

Do what you want to do, SB, but I see no reason why you shouldn't write your own version of Mestral's adventures. Many variations are possible. Go ahead and finish your story.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:56 am

Distractd has sent me Pm saying that chalenge is still on. So, will contiue Mestrals Adventures.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:42 pm

Really quick, while I'm waiting for my nails to dry--I know Silverbullet's issue is settled, but I wanted to speak on this in general so we all know for next time. If you choose to respond with a longer, chaptered story, please commit to it and follow through and finish it. Now I know real life happens, so if something comes up and you can't finish it for some reason, please try to find a way to bring it to a logical early conclusion so we're left with a finished piece and a closed challenge. There's not much worse than leaving an unfinished story hanging in the breeze, and it's very frustrating for readers who happen upon it later after you've long forgotten it.

Thanks.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain
Twitter username: ladyrainbow

Postby Lady Rainbow » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:52 pm

FINALLY finished the latest draft of "Louder than an Echo", my response to Dinah's challenge! Will get it betaed. :happyjump:

Sorry it's taken SO long, Dinah! Hope it's worth it! :-) :wave:
Avatar of Hoshi/Malcom "The Dogwalker" courtesy of ivymae at http://www.captainsoma.com/enterpriseoddities/main.html

Siggy complete with beagle! :)

Dinah
Commander
Commander

Postby Dinah » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:03 am

What a terrific story! :thumbsup: It may take me a day or two to get all the reviews done, so I just wanted to thank Lady Rainbow for adding such a marvelous new story to the archives. :wave:

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:59 am

Yes! It's a wonderful story. I enjoyed every word, even every pause! :D
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:08 pm

Aquarius. Have finished my challenge. Last Chapter is being edited by JT and if nothing needs changing should be ready to go up. Chapter six is edited and will be posted soon. Seven (conc;;usion) satisfies my challenge once it is put up.

So, I will be eligible to be challenged again soon?
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:33 pm

Cool. Will update when I get home tonight.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:55 pm

As of March 1, I am out of work and have more time for writing. So I'd like to join in the challenge game. I am not sure about smut...it depends.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:27 am

Okay, I've updated the front page of this thread, in terms of adding Linda (thanks for joining us, BTW! 8) ) and updating the fulfilled challenges. If I've missed anybody or goofed something up, please let me know--age and the busy life of a working student sometimes take their toll.

Linda--for now I'm putting you down for smutless. If you change your mind let me know. Nobody can challenge you to do something against the site rules, so if that's what you're worried about, I can change it. Otherwise, this tends to work a little more efficiently if we don't attach a bunch of conditions to it.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:29 pm

Okay, here goes my first challenge, something I have been thinking about for a long time. So I am picking on someone who may have the background to handle this.

Distracted, would you please tackle this story idea? Because I think you would work with it better than I could:

T’Pol has a cousin who gives birth to a mentally and physically challenged child. Despite careful screening and in utero corrections for these things, a few such children are born on Vulcan. Your choice of how severe this child is affected. T’Pol and Trip are married and are asked to be the Vulcan equivalent of godparents to this child. Show how children with disabilities are treated in Vulcan culture. What about the Kas Wan? Would such a child be exempt or would they have a modified test? What about child bondings? Would such a child be required to do this? A male Vulcan, no matter in what condition, will obviously still need a mate for the Pon Farr.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:54 pm

Oh, dear. You may not like my take on what a completely "logical" society would do with its non-productive members. For one thing, it's certain that they wouldn't let them breed if their condition is inheritable. This will probably be a very sad story if I'm going to be consistent with my understanding of Vulcan culture. Still want me to do it? :?
Image sig by chrisis1033

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:54 pm

Sure, go ahead with the story unless you really would not want to do it. I agree it might probably be sad, kind of like my story on the Vulcan orphan in The Gift of the Magi (Revisited) with my thought that Vulcans are not big on adoption. I am just real curious about all those rites of passage like the Kas Wan - how that would be dealt with. Would a family hide away it's crazy and physically challenged members like humans did in the past? Would they be publically warehoused? Euthanized? It just seemed a part of Vulcan culture that has not been explored yet. :neutral:

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain
Twitter username: ladyrainbow

Postby Lady Rainbow » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:00 pm

Ow. It would be really painful, but how would the Vulcans deal with it? (IDIC or like Distracted said, basically take measures to prevent it?)

I have 2 autistic children, and we don't know if their condition is genetic. :cry: It really disturbs me that the Vulcans could do something like that, but unfortunately, I could see it happening. :?
Avatar of Hoshi/Malcom "The Dogwalker" courtesy of ivymae at http://www.captainsoma.com/enterpriseoddities/main.html

Siggy complete with beagle! :)

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”