Rajin & Similitude

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Aquarius
Site Admin

Re: Rajin & Similitude

Postby Aquarius » Sun May 17, 2009 3:25 am

There was a little anger there, though. And Archer was right there. So if anybody was yelling, it should've been him.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Show On Map: No

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sun May 17, 2009 3:29 am

WarpGirl wrote:Sure but she wasn't AWARE of it at the time. :D

Which is why I said "her unconscious"... :razz:
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sun May 17, 2009 11:11 am

Yep, she was pissed at him. I agree, she was not consciously jealous, but she was definitely unconsciously reacting to something.

They deleted a scene where she got even meaner:

[deleted scene - Bridge, rear]

TUCKER: Are you certain you made the correct sensor modifications?
REED: Yes, absolutely certain. Their last trajectory?
T'POL: We've altered our course to match.
TUCKER: How do we know they haven't changed their heading?
T'POL: We don't, but we've compensated to detect their stealth telemetry. We should be able to locate them.
REED: It may take a while. Why exactly are we trying to find that ship?
T'POL: Yes. I thought you provided all the services they required.
TUCKER: If you'll excuse me, I'm not feeling very well.
T'POL: Perhaps a little lunch might help. I hear Chef has prepared Rigelian sausage. (Tucker groans) Being vegetarian I can't speak from experience, but I'm told it's quite succulent.
TUCKER: I think I'm just going to go lie down for a while.
REED: Commander, if we tune the UV sensors to the omicron band, we should be able to isolate their plasma trail a good deal faster. Do you think you could spare a minute just to help me recalibrate them?
TUCKER: I'm afraid this isn't a very good time. (makes a dash for another door, hand over mouth, noises of being sick out of camera shot)
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sun May 17, 2009 11:19 am

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: See? I KNEW screwing with him, too, had to be in there somewhere! Beautiful!! :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sun May 17, 2009 9:48 pm

Here's an avatar I once made from that deleted scene: :lol:

She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sun May 17, 2009 9:53 pm

That made my day, KTR! Thanks. :D

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Mon May 18, 2009 3:57 pm

There was one other Episode where T-Pol was angry and Jealous, Oasis.

Trip and t-Pol are in a room and T-Pol says she is going to the Bridge to fix something. Trip suggests the Girl can help her as she knows the ships systems. she kept me from getting fried. T-Pol turns the idea down. trip then says the girl is a good engineer. this sets t-Pol off.

She reminds Trip what happened the last time he met a female Engineer. He got pregnant.

Trip says "You are never going to let me forget that are you"

The girl wallks in with a tray of food ask if anyone is hungry and then saks if she is interruuting anything.

T-Pol says no, we are just discussing Commander tucker and engineers. T-Pol then stalks off to the bridge.

Later, Trip is being forced to do some work for the Father and the Holofgrams.

He asks where t-Pol is. the father says she is Okay.

trip says he will not do anythng until he sees t-Pol. He is told that if the doesn't do what he has been told then he will never see her again. trip starts to work.

Trip has it Bad and so does t-Pol but they show it in different ways.

She by Anger and Jealousy and he by concern and caring.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon May 18, 2009 4:03 pm

Silverbullet wrote:...She by Anger and Jealousy and he by concern and caring.

I think you made a good point.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon May 18, 2009 4:12 pm

I don't know if I said it yet but, WELCOME SILVERBULLET! :D OK now you have to forgive me I've only just started season 2, so I'm behind everyone else. But again I'm not sure I'd classify this as jealousy. More like attraction and confusion, mixed into some unquantifyable state of being. I don't believe T'Pol wants to be romanced yet. Here's how I see the inner monolouge...

It is official I will NEVER understand humans, particularly Commander Tucker. I had thought that humans were capable of monogomy but he is putting that assumption to the test. First it was that woman Ahl'en, and now this child. Why does he persist in forming intimate relationships with females he has known for mere days? It is most illogical. Added to that, he has no idea how to properly interact with species during first contact, DESPITE my REPEATED attempts to educate him on protocals. I relaize the Captain can choose not to heed my advice, (however dangerous that may be) but I am Commander Tucker's superior officer. His blatent disregard of my instructions is UNACCEPTABLE! This time I will make sure there is no intimate contact between him and this Liana. Neither one should have to deal with the severe reprecussions. Besides another incedent would surely damage the crew's efficiancy.

OH well this is just my insane imagination. But it makes sense to me.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon May 18, 2009 4:38 pm

With how many names and how many aptitudes could be called "jealousy"? 8)
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon May 18, 2009 4:45 pm

But that's just it! She isn't jealous in the sense of, "I should be the woman, he procreates with! Or it should be me he's feeding Ice Cream too! What does irritate her is that he has potential and she is SUPPOSED to be teaching these confusing humans how to explore the galaxy and meet new cultures and HE'S NOT listening to her! He'll fawn over these alien women and hang onto their every word, but he IGNORES her experience and treats her as if she's a rival. Not only that he's accused her of being incapable of loyalty, spying, deliberately trying to usurp his authority, and sabatouge humanity's mission into the interstellar community. Her jealousy might be amplified by attraction but it isn't romantic in nature. She cares about him but it isn't love yet. I think that starts after the "Princess Whore" incedent.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon May 18, 2009 4:54 pm

There's always a beginning and the beginning is not where we think that "logic" requires.
Any thought of us, any idea, any feeling have a beginning which rests on an unfathomable past and which walks toward an unknown future.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon May 18, 2009 5:01 pm

Umm. What does that mean?

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon May 18, 2009 5:07 pm

When and where start the physical and heart attraction? Before or after mind's reasons?
Is it born earlier egg or hen?

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Mon May 18, 2009 5:14 pm

I enjoyed your version of T'Pol's inner monologue there, WarpGirl, but personally I think you just can't look at T'Pol ... or Trip, for that matter... without factoring in a tremendous amount of denial.

I'm not sure the writers always intended it, but it was out of their control after awhile. Those two actors were just so alive to each other virtually every time they were in the same scene. But until Amanda Cole comes along, I figure T'Pol would try to interpret her fascination with Trip as a continuing battle with something that's continually trying to challenge every idea she's ever had, while Trip would think of T'Pol as this really smart, achingly sexy pain in the ass sent by the universe just to torture and tantalize him.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”