The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: "Divergent Paths" Discussion

Postby Rigil Kent » Fri May 28, 2010 1:23 am

WarpGirl wrote:What is the thing with you liking to "kill Malcolm"? I use quotation marks because as far as I know you haven't actually killed him for real yet... However, you seem to like writing stuff that teases us with his glorious demise. I will admit though, thus far they have been great "deaths." Just wondering why Malcolm?

Because he's British. And you can't trust those darned limeys. :raspberry:

Oh, you wanted a serious answer? I dunno. In this case, it was more a bit of meta-humor on my part, a subtle nod toward classic red shirts of TOS through Reed. He's also a security officer, and out of everyone on the crew, I would have expected him (or Archer, to be thematically truthful) to be the one who paid the ultimate price of duty due to his personality.

Plus, there are ... extenuating circumstances behind it.

And before anybody throws a fit, I was joking about the Brit thing. I love England. I have traced my family name directly back to 1600's Northfleet, Kent, so I'm very much a fan of jolly old England even if their food totally sucks.
Last edited by Rigil Kent on Fri May 28, 2010 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Thot
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Thot » Fri May 28, 2010 1:42 am

@ Rigil

Hey, didn't you write Malcolm's death in one of your earlier drafts for a story of yours?

Shouldn't be a real spoiler for all those experts around, but to be on the save side:
SPOILER!!!:
In your version on Trip/T'Polers of Elysium you let him die and only later on your Endeavour site version you made him be extradited by Section 31. Or was it planned from the beginning? Link
BTW: When I saw this line "Star Trek: Enterprise, Episode 522 - Elysium" for the first time, I was a little bit shocked at first... "How many episodes?" *smile*

"If we simply judge our past, we only condamn ourself not to understand it."

- Peter Godman

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Fri May 28, 2010 1:46 am

Nothing was "planned" beyond Elysium since that was originally intended to be a one and done sort of thing, but once I started working on Vigrid because the Muses demanded it, I developed a sort of over-arc for most of the characters and that's when the rebirth was decided upon principally because I needed someone on the inside of Section 31 to tell that part of the story.

Also, FYI, my current mental image of DivPath T'Pol has her hair about this length. Edited for a slightly "tweaked" image. Obviously, her makeup would be a little different for that "Vulcan" feel, but you get the point.

"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri May 28, 2010 2:31 am

Well you have a point... According to Daniels Archer can't die, because he's the Frist President of the United Federation of Planets. So even if his personality thematically indicates early death of glory, no dice. But I don't think Malcolm has a death wish, (not saying you do) I think of it as he's basically a soldier, moreso than any of the others, and he knows soldiers die. Except that one episode in the expanse where he freaks because a MACO gets grabbed by a giant claw on a sphere, and T'Pol calms him down. Which I was like... :wtf: But really Malcolm is the best one to play with stuff like that besides Archer.

BTW that pic is just stunning. You know in my fic I had her grow out her hair, because she saw herself with long hair in Trip's dreams... And it looks almost exactly like that, and I've never seen that pic. But in my head the hair is less wavy. Still just beautiful.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Fri May 28, 2010 2:33 am

My God, she's so beautiful it hurts! :loveeyes: :drool:
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri May 28, 2010 2:38 am

How much is lights and makeup. :twisted: Seriously everyone wishes they looked that good. But flaws are sometimes nice as well. I like Hoshi just as much as T'Pol because she looks almost (I hate this word) "normal."

Still she does look awfully lovely for a dying woman Rigil! :-p
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Pitseleh
Commander
Commander

Postby Pitseleh » Fri May 28, 2010 2:41 am

And Trip has remained a perfect gentleman... I have a greater respect for that guy.
Image for avatar found in Enterprise Oddities; created by ivymae

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri May 28, 2010 2:43 am

Oh amen!

Fics

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Fri May 28, 2010 2:47 am

Pitseleh wrote:And Trip has remained a perfect gentleman... I have a greater respect for that guy.

Well, in his defense, she could just nerve pinch him into unconsciousness if he got too frisky. Plus, this image doesn't convey just how dirty they both are most of the time while on the run. I'm thinking Tears of the Sun Monica Belluci dirty ... of course, IMNSHO, the dirt just made Monica that much hotter which was kind of weird. But yeah, she's generally kind of filthy due to them constantly being on the run. This is sort of "ideal circumstances" (like after taking a dip in yonder lake.)

And lest you ask, I have no real visual of DivPath Trip because I don't know if Trinneer has ever played a role where he has long hair and a beard. Which T'Pol will be quite pleased to see go away when he has the chance.

Sig by Chrisis1033.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri May 28, 2010 2:51 am

LOL I know what you mean. But still, dirty or not she's absolutely smokin' for a dying woman. Well right now she's dying I'm 99% certain you're not going to kill her, but who knows... In any case she's hot. BTW the "not serious" answer about Malcolm was pretty funny stuff. Its exactly what my grandfather would have said.

Fics

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Fri May 28, 2010 5:12 am

Sorry, couldn't help it:
WarpGirl wrote:The Cogenator, Princess Fishstick, that girl who liked Ice Cream, Kov, and others all used Trip. I'm sorry are they all his intimate friends?
You have a point with the cogenator, but the others: no, they didn't call him Trip. They avoided any title. Let's just say we disagree on this point.

That is a beautiful pic of Jolene (and T'Pol)
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri May 28, 2010 6:01 am

I could have sworn Kov called him Trip... Utterly sworn it in court! OMG I might have to watch season 2 again! Oh no... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: It's not that I disargee so much as I think there are different ways of looking at it. And I'm naturally drawn to the more unique path.

Fics

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Fri May 28, 2010 3:03 pm

Back to the pic: I like T'Pol better with long hair then when we see her with short hair. That and her clothes were about the only thing I liked about the episode Twilight.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri May 28, 2010 3:16 pm

Where is the rule that says Vulcans have to have either bad hair or hair that cuts off blood flow to the brain anyway? Off to see if there is a new chapter...

Fics

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri May 28, 2010 6:52 pm

Yippee new chapter. Dude that was intense... So how did you come up with your amazing Erica Hernandez? I hate to say it but in some of the fics I've encountered her in she is almost like Archer's prozac. She's there to make him all better. I really love what you've done, but how did you figure out what makes her tick? Do you like do character sketches in a notebook or something? I do. But I'm really interested, in how you do it. You do it well. Whatever your inspiration it works. Another thing I'm curious about is whether Archer's isolation will advance Erica's transition into a Captain later on?

Fics

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”