Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: "Want of a Nail" by Blackn'blue Comments

Postby Silverbullet » Sat May 30, 2009 8:32 pm

Want of a nail?

Typical BnB great writing.

I could read his stories all day if he did nothing but write Fanfics.

I want to write just like him when I grow up.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat May 30, 2009 8:50 pm

Dang! I wrote this whole nice PM about the whole darn series, but he never got it, and I stupidly earased it. :duh: Well basically I said I love his style he's just about one of the best I've ever seen, but I did have some minor quibbles. First of all, for most of the tales T'Pol isn't very likeable. She's too manipulative, and very imature, and the fact that she seems to go out of her way to not tell Trip things is annoying. I don't see T'Pol as so weak and devious that she's absolutely convinced Trip would leave her for her mistakes. Especially considering they have a child. Hey I agree with the idea of a husband being a head of the household, but that doesn't mean I like women who are too weak and insecure that they end up sabatouging their marriages. Another thing was I can see Trip knowing HOW to hunt and kill vicious pedators I can't see him enjoying it. That's Malcolm's thing. Watch "Rouge Planet" for proof. Also bond or no bond I can't understand why Trip flys into a bloodlust at a moments notice. Since he IS human he should be able to control these impulses better. Well, that's the critisim now for the fun stuff... Lady T'Para is the MOST AWSOME female Vulcan I've ever seen in a Fanfic. I love this woman and I wish I could steal her. Please don't kill me BnB I won't actually do it. Malcolm's Vulcan lady friend is very good too, I love when she was helping T'Pol with the baby. Now I still prefer Hoshi for Malcolm but I can accept this. And finally he'd better keep on writing Archer the way he is. IT'S PERFECT! OK ending rambling.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sun May 31, 2009 7:06 pm

I like the way the finale is fixed. Normally, I am not a fan for timeline stories or Daniels (with the exception of a Voyager episode where Voyager is stranded in ice and we see handsome, mature ensign Kim and finally acting like a officer Chayote).
Without any technobabble and sentimentals, time is rewritten. T'Pol, how has made the mistake of her life by running away, to Gol (very orginal to use this in a story) gets a second change. Trip - who kicked her out and rightly so - and T'Pol start a whole different life - with their little one. Their daughter is the most charming one of the whole story. I can just picture her before me and laugh when I read she is exploring things or streching her legs and arms with T'Pol as worrying mother, because Vulcan childern don't have that habit. Great story!
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:23 pm

hee hee - I like the scene where she holds her bottle with hands and feet, like a monkey child. :lol:

Hottest fic to hit the scene in '06, IMO
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:37 pm

"Want of a Nail" reconciled me with world.
And, frankly, I think it's difficult for me that I can find another writer so right for my taste as BnB.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”