Misanthropic's new story - Reflecting To You

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

blacknblue
Site Admin

Misanthropic's new story - Reflecting To You

Postby blacknblue » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:07 am

"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

evcake
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: Misanthropic's new story - Reflecting To You

Postby evcake » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:26 am

Wring my heart some more. Please. :D
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

dialee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby dialee » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:13 am

My heart absolutely broke for Trip and I wanted to wring T'Pol's neck. There is that awkward little sentence again, "Vulcans grieve differently." They may, but it seems totally natural to me that bonded couples would grieve together. :(

Isn't the idea of any relationship is to deepen and mature it and bring something good out of it?

I know this is a totally different story from We Grieve but that story was so beautiful that now reading a different take on the same events does not seem real. I don't even think the real is the right word to describe the disconnect I get while reading this story.

As always, your writing style is wonderful.

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:56 am

Not enough for me to make a decision yet. However, I'm negatively inclined here, not 'cause of the writing 'cause it's awesome like usual, but because I'm tired of the "T'Pol Pushes Trip Away After Elizabeth Dies" angle that has, unfortunately, become something of a cliche in our little community. I'm desperately hoping that this isn't the case, because I'm just so tired of that approach and how, inevitably, Trip takes the crap he's been shoveled without complaint ...

I guess I just have a different view of their relationship by that point. I'd like to think that T'Pol actually learned something from season 4 and how she treated Trip during it ... but I guess I'm in the minority there...
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:01 am

Forgot to mention that Misanthropic has a comment page on the site.

http://miss-annthropic.livejournal.com/ ... 061#t73061

If you want to leave comments right there.
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

Shakabutt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Shakabutt » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:30 pm

When i've read the first chappter i thought is was good ,but chappter 2 is amazing

Trip watched her silently. They'd fallen into a strange pattern since they lost Elizabeth. They couldn't seem to bring themselves to talk about her, or anything, with each other, and yet… yet they seemed to invariably seek one another out. Trip felt painfully alone when he was with her, and yet he was drawn to be near her whenever they ended up in the same room together. He felt like a hapless asteroid that had fallen into the grip of T'Pol's event horizon and he was pulled inexorably toward her, unable to turn away even when crushing oblivion awaited. He wasn't the only one caught in the phenomenon. T'Pol would barely look at him, but when they were in anything resembling proximity to one another she stood so close to him, unaccountably close in Vulcan terms, and she went to his table in the mess hall if he didn't come to hers. They couldn't come together and they couldn't pull apart. It was confusing and nonsensical but Trip didn't have the strength to pick it apart and understand it. He was too weary to worry. He just accepted it because it was the path of least resistance. He wasn't fit to put up a fight anymore.

This type of Trip/T'Pol aghst is my favorite ,and yes the writing is amazing as well .

Hurry up with those updates please ,i'm dying to see what happens when MU T'Pol meets RU Trip :p

Entilzha
Captain
Captain

Postby Entilzha » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:53 pm

This story seems interesting. Please update soon. :D
You live for The One, you die for The One.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:55 pm

Rigil Kent wrote:Not enough for me to make a decision yet. However, I'm negatively inclined here, not 'cause of the writing 'cause it's awesome like usual, but because I'm tired of the "T'Pol Pushes Trip Away After Elizabeth Dies" angle that has, unfortunately, become something of a cliche in our little community. I'm desperately hoping that this isn't the case, because I'm just so tired of that approach and how, inevitably, Trip takes the crap he's been shoveled without complaint ...

I guess I just have a different view of their relationship by that point. I'd like to think that T'Pol actually learned something from season 4 and how she treated Trip during it ... but I guess I'm in the minority there...

I'm in the minority with you.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

hth2k
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby hth2k » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:00 pm

I also am not a fan of angst for angst sake. Most likely I will wait until this is finished before reading it. MAT's writing is usually top notch.

Also think the vein of T'Pol pulling away has been mostly mined out.

HtH

disclaimer posted on Route 66

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:45 pm

The story is well written I too wish T'Pol would quit pushing Trip away.I hope she'll straighten up and see what she's doing to him.

boushh
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby boushh » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:22 am

Honestly, I don't feel like this story is angst for angst sake... It's bound to be an emotional time for both of them, and I feel the way it's set up in the story is believable... And it looks to me like this story is shaping up to be pretty complex, but that's me...

I also don't feel that this fandom is big enough, nor is there enough fanfic being posted currently for me to be tired of anything... unless it's just something that is not my cup of tea to begin with.

I'm looking forward to more because I love MissAnnThropic's prose and her characterization. It works for me...

And to anyone writing angst, emotional drama or whatever you want to call it... keep going... I'll read it. ;)

pookha
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby pookha » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:35 am

what happened to the concept of i grieve with thee.
for a people who strive for emotional control it always seemed
special to me that they not only respected the need for the other to grieve but they willingly expressed a certain amount of empathy toward it.
as tpol said in forgotten (have people forgotten that scene between she and trip .. so many fan fics seemed to have) that vulcans are effected by grieve but dont allow it to overwhelm them.

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:59 am

Rigil Kent wrote:Not enough for me to make a decision yet. However, I'm negatively inclined here, not 'cause of the writing 'cause it's awesome like usual, but because I'm tired of the "T'Pol Pushes Trip Away After Elizabeth Dies" angle that has, unfortunately, become something of a cliche in our little community. I'm desperately hoping that this isn't the case, because I'm just so tired of that approach and how, inevitably, Trip takes the crap he's been shoveled without complaint ...

I prefer to regard this not as a cliche, but a traditional starting point. :D

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:08 am

Ugh. That's a fast way for me to leave the community if every single story has to begin with T'Pol treating Trip like dirt. :doubt:
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:11 am

Not the treating like dirt part - the grieving over Baby Elizabeth part. :)

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”