Spam comments GRRRRRRRR

Report crashes, error messages, bugs here. Please copy and paste error messages as accurate as possible so we can correct the problem quickly, thank you!

Also now added: Any basic website/forum inquiries.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Kotik

Re: Spam comments GRRRRRRRR

Postby Kotik » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:22 pm

I think you can axe our latest new signup, too, before he gets a chance to spam us. A university professor from Angola, who happens to have a spam site as his homepage. Yeah right :badgrin:

putaro
Captain
Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby putaro » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:18 pm

I've heard that ENT is very popular in Angola!

73Bruin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby 73Bruin » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:19 am

Hi. I have been trying to stop some of the spammers by deleting their accounts. I have literally deleted over 500 accounts and have more to work on. Unfortunately while this might remove spam in the forum, it doesn't remove comments made by spammers. To do that I need to know what specific story and chapters those comments.

I am therefore asking for you help. If you see a story with spam comments please let me know which on by replaying with the information in this thread. I can then go in and remove the comments.

Thank you in advance - 73Bruin

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:33 am

Is spam still an issue? I haven't noticed any spam in the forum or in story comments in the last couple of years. (Maybe that just means somebody's efficiently getting rid of it before I notice, but I do visit fairly regularly.)

73Bruin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

I don't know how much.

Postby 73Bruin » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:07 am

I don't think new spam is an issue, but Distracted asked that I try to clean-up some of the older spam. So for example I started reading some of Silverbullet's old stories and noted some there (now removed). Therefore, I asked for the readerships help.

I was actually amazed at the large number of accounts that had been created by Spammers/hackers. This seemed to end in early to mid 2014 before I became an admin.

Return to “Bug Reports and Inquiries”