Star Trek Mission New York

Heard of a Star Trek convention? Going to one? Share your experience here!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Cap'n Frances
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Show On Map: No

Star Trek Mission New York

Postby Cap'n Frances » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:31 am

Anyone thinking about going to Star Trek Mission New York? It will be Sept. 2-4, 2016 at the Javits Center. It has stars from all the series, including ConnorTrinneer, Dominic Keating, Anthony Montgomery, and John Billingsley. There will be photo ops, autographs, panels, exhibits, etc. I was planning to go to the Creation Con in Cherry Hill this weekend but decided this would work better for me. If any of you are going, I'd love to meet you there.

Cap'n Frances
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Show On Map: No

Re: Star Trek Mission New York

Postby Cap'n Frances » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:56 am

We got back from Star Trek Mission New York about midnight last night. It was a lot of fun. It was also surprisingly inspirational as many people talked about what Star Trek had meant to them and how it had affected their lives. Connor Trinneer, Dominic Keating, Anthony Montgomery, and John Billingsly were there from Enterprise. They did a panel together on Friday, which was a bit wild but entertaining. John Billingsly offered prizes for the most embarrassing questions, which quickly pushed things over the top. The moderator didn't quite know what to do. Eventually Anthony took charge. I was impressed with how he handled the panel and enjoyed talking with him when I got his autograph.

The entertainment guests spent a lot more time doing autographs and photo ops than they did on stage. Only a few were on stage for anything more than a one hour group panel. I had a photo op with Connor and one with the four of them and then got autographs. They weren't mobbed (unlike Shatner and the TNG guests) so there was a little time to chat.

Other than that I went to panels (mostly the literary/writing and science panels), bought too many books, and played with the exhibits. I got inspired by the SETI talk and got SETI@Home running again on my computers this morning. I didn't make it to the Starfleet Academy Experience at the Intrepid Museum, which is a few blocks away. It will be there until Halloween, so I may have to go back.

dialee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Star Trek Mission New York

Postby dialee » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:40 am

Thank you for the brief description. Any chance of pictures?

Return to “Conventions”