Post your pictures here!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Linda
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: Member pics

Postby Linda » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:25 pm

Hey, really great photo, glad to see you using it as your signature avatar! :thumbsup:
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

bluetiger
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby bluetiger » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:12 pm

Just got my grandaughter's 5th grade picture. Thought I would share.
Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are. (Mason Cooley)

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:26 pm

Hey! What a smile! :)
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

TSara
Captain
Captain

Postby TSara » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:06 am

justTripn wrote:I'm disappointed that there will be no more e-babies. :(

Well you know.....maybe in about 18 months we will try for the next one.

:)

Besides....I need to come out and visit again so we can go camping/stargazing like we planned! :D You can meet my wee one than.
"It can giggle all it wants, but the galaxy isn't gettin' any of our bourbon." -Trip to Malcolm Shuttlepod One

Archer: You missed T'Pol's latest bout with chopsticks.
Trip: Damn, dinner and a show.- Silent Enemy

http://www.myspace.com/hylndlas

http://tsara80.livejournal.com/

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:35 am

:) Yes, please!
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:32 pm

Hey Bluetiger, great grandchild photo! I hope you have one to carry around in your wallet like a proper grandparent! 8)

Spring in Wisconsin...just thought you guys might like to know what it looked like:

photos taken 03/29/09:

Uh, no. This is NOT an April Fools joke. It's, it's...just Wisconsin, but not much different than Rochester, New York where I grew up, come to think of it.
Last edited by Linda on Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:35 pm

Ouch.

At least it melts quickly this time of year. We only had flurries Monday. I reminded my husband we can have snow storms right through April but he said no, he refuses to hear that. 8)
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:35 pm

He refuses to believe that there could be a snow storm in April? LOL, when it happens, ask him what that white stuff is called that is falling on him in April. :poke:

bluetiger
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby bluetiger » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:44 pm

Holy Cow Linda, we sat on our back porch swing all evening yesterday in short sleeves. All the trees have pink and white blooms. I tend to forget our northern buddies are still having snow. If it's any comfort, the pictures are gorgeous.
Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are. (Mason Cooley)

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:38 pm

Linda, I love these pictures!
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:48 pm

Thanks, Bluetiger and Asso. Snow can be pretty, when you aren't shoveling it, that is. Here is a blossom that will be on that tree in May and those plants next to the house are rose bushes that come into bloom like in the second photo below. Quite a transformation.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Wed May 13, 2009 1:51 pm

You know you are a Star Trek fan when while visiting your nephew's new place of work all you can think of is how to adapt the buildings in the company's complex to work as the setting of a Vulcan colony world!

I especially was day dreaming about the jutting roof on the building in the distance:

Here is my family: nephew Nick and his girlfriend, daughter Heather and her husband, granddaughter Shayla leaning on the wall, granddaughter Skyelar (the red head), teenage grandkids Image and Dylan hidden on the right:

I gave the camera to someone else so I could be in the picture...second from the right with the hat on:

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Wed May 13, 2009 3:47 pm

Wow . . . as always, what a beautiful family. And what a beautiful place of work?!!! What the heck does he do? I'm looking at the giant gemstone and the dragon in the lobby. And the reflecting pool behind the balcony you're all standing on. :) Yes, the slanting roofs look like the slanting stones on Vulcan,

Movie reference:
SPOILER!!!:
which I'm glad we got to see for a moment before it got obliterated.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Wed May 13, 2009 4:29 pm

Ditto. What job is that? It looks exciting.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Wed May 13, 2009 4:32 pm

JT and Alelou, Nick must have done really well in college because this is his first job. He majored in computers and psychology. The company is Epic, a software company. Nick works with a hospital client that uses the software to do administrative work with outpatients. He didn't say he wrote any code, but he is contact person for problems with the software and he trains people to use it. The company must have oodles of money. The buildings are all new, on a hill that was farmland. The company owns a lot of farmland around the complex and rents it out to farmers. All the buildings are futuristic with what must be millions in all kinds of art work in all the hallways. Each hallway is different, like in a museum where the hallways are actually the displays and the walls themselves wood, or stone or whatever because they are unique works of art too. AND there is furnature in the alcoves of hallways that are unique and works of art too. Also, there is a tree house which you can go to, to work with a large conference table but no pagers are allowed so you can do silent think work. I took over a hundred photos of the complex - it is huge.

So I am way jealous. My IT job is in public service, Nick's IT job is in private industry. Not sure what he gets paid but fresh out of school I think he may be making more than I am after 26 years at the university, working in a basement computer room with no windows. :shock:

Oh, his girlfriend, LP (gosh I don't even know her "real" name), graduated with him last spring and she is working on writing two novels. She plans to attend graduate school and then teach English on a college level. One of her novels is about the Jewish holocaust during WWII, making up journals written by victims. It is historical fiction for which she did a year of research. LP is not working at a paying job right now but hopes to peddle her novel soon, through an agent. All that research work and she doesn't even know if it will sell! Brave girl! I think she said that she does not have an agent yet.

Very interesting couple, Nick and LP. LP really likes Heather's youngest child, Shayla, the two-year-old, who was having fun trying to climb all over the art work in the hallways. Oh, LP is from Virginia and went to school in New York State with Nick - Hobart? I think the college was. Can't keep all these details straight, LOL. They are coming out to go boating with us this summer, but in the main, I think they both wanted to get away from the "parental units". I hope they don't think of me as a spy for my brother who is Nick's dad. (Of course I called his dad, Bruce, as soon as we got home from the visit) I don't think Nick and his dad are talking much these days. I think Nick is trying to build his own life without a lot of parental advice at the moment, LOL.

If you want, I will put more photos here. Don't know how to make them smaller. I just upload them to photobucket and download them here.
Last edited by Linda on Wed May 13, 2009 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Picture Threads”