Post your pictures here!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Elessar
Site Owner

Re: Pictures of pets

Postby Elessar » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:08 pm

Aquarius wrote:
Alelou wrote:
Elessar wrote: He gets this special urinary tract stuff we got from the vet. V. expensive, my mom's always complaining about it :lol: . The other night I'm sitting in the hall bathroom, ya know, doin my thing. Like 4 am. Cat walks in... starts circling on the rug, I'm like, noooo kitty, I pick him up and put him in the tub, he circles, stops...squats... circles some more, stops again... squats... and starts peeing. Looking up at me. Peeing. :lol:

Sounds to me like maybe he's letting you know it hurts.

That's what I was concerned about when I responded to this subject initially. When Mr. Boo did that, his urinary tract was crystallized. When Elvis did it, he had a bladder infection.

Cats don't usually do that stuff because they're mad at you or to get even. Also, if he was spraying territorially, he wouldn't have gone in the tub, because that wasn't what interested him. This sounds more like a case of inappropriate out-of-box elimination.

I'll tell my mom that I consulted an online vet or something and tell her we need to go to the vet again.

Sonic says hi, and thank you:

"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:06 pm

So cute :( :)

Our boy Winston up and tries to die with urinary crystals every single time we try to give him cheap food. So all 3 boys are always on Medi-Cal Preventative now.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:59 pm

Did you try Iams?

Ricardo has been quite UT-challenged as well, but that's done fine for him and he's probably getting close to twenty at this point. It's cheaper than the special therapeutic food.

<<Knocks wood.>>

I just had to stock up on more enzymes for carpet cleaning, but that wasn't because of the cat, it was because of that stomach flu. :( But I was kind of glad to have an excuse to stop and make a purchase, because I'd ended up in the damn strip mall with PetSmart in it purely by accident, trying to get out of a mall I normally avoid simply because I have a hell of a time ever getting out of it.

Addendum whine: Albany has some of the most bizarre traffic patterns, generated during massive state building projects in the 50s or whenever when apparently they thought you should try to be really creative with roadways. I think a sense of direction is actually a handicap when negotiating ramps here. It once took me three tries to get to a doctor's office in the state office complex, even though his building sits right there in plain sight next to the highway. Just try to head for it and you CAN'T GET THERE. Chastened, you go round again and try to read the signs but they're completely ambiguous so you choose the most likely looking option and STILL don't get there. Then, you go around again, choosing the MOST COUNTER-INTUITIVE MOVE POSSIBLE and FINALLY you get there.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:03 pm

Iams is the "cheap food" I'm referring to. He eats it and then he goes to the vets and costs us $10000000000's of dollars. He's that silly and sensitive. :P
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:06 pm

Ow. Too bad you don't have free health care for pets too.

First time Ricardo had an emergency we didn't have a cat carrier so I took him a plastic laundry hamper and held the lid down while I drove. It was fortunate he was too sick to try very hard to get out.
Image.Image

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:09 pm

And every time we take him to the vet he shits himself shamelessly whilst in his carrier. Nice.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:27 am

Ugh. Yeah, our guy has been known to pee in terror. Cat piss is not good in a hot car, not right when it happens, and not five years later either. :(
Image.Image

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:06 am

There are products like Feliway and Rescue Remedy that can help cats to chill out in stressful situation. Some cat owners have even used them to help correct inappropriate elimination when it's been occurring due to stress. Many other owners find it helpful when kitty has to travel, like for vet visits and such.

My guys are usually decent travellers; they let you know they're unhappy about the crate situation but they don't completely lose their marbles either. Mr. Boo is a VERY good boy once we get to the vet, and Elvis is usually good, but some occasions he can be a bit of a challenge, especially if there was any drama while trying to crate him. :?
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:30 am

I tried Feliway. I found that paying for it stressed me out more than it helped my cats chill!
Image.Image

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:57 pm

What a gorgeous cat, Elessar!

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:22 am

Alelou wrote:I tried Feliway. I found that paying for it stressed me out more than it helped my cats chill!

Same here. My vet said you have about a 50/50 shot whether or not it would work...but the cats it does work on, it works great.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:55 pm

JadziaKathryn wrote:What a gorgeous cat, Elessar!

TY :)

I don't think he looks or acts his age. Sometimes he moves very...very...very slowly, but other times he's like a freakin panther! What I loved was sometimes my stupid dog will just walk over him... but the other day the dog is sitting on top of the couch cushions and Sonic just jumps up there and uses Socrates a stepping stool. Like, "hey fool, how you like it?" lol, except Socrates is a big pudge and Sonic's like... friggin Legolas on his feet.
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:21 am

Elvis, the self-proclaimed StudyBuddy:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:27 am

OMG Elessar our kitty's could be twins! Only mine's creamy biege and grey. YIKES! How is that for weird. I think I might post a picture when she's out of heat she's too annoying right now.

Aquarius that's a cool cat.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:29 pm

Aw, that's sweet!

Return to “Picture Threads”