Post your pictures here!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Ludmila
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Show On Map: No

Re: TRIaxT'PoliTAN MUSEUM of ART - Fic Pix

Postby Ludmila » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:39 pm

Thank you, enterprikayak, for new beatiful pictures and belated thank you very much for all your creative work (both writhing stuff in two different roles and your great idea of Triaxtpolitan in distant 2007). I loved in the first exhibition "Logic's Dream". "T'Bouguereau" and "T'Honeymoon".

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:06 am

Aw, thanks Ludmila!

And to you, Aquarius: Drat you!

|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:08 am

Another good one! :thumbsup:

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:10 am

enterprikayak wrote:And to you, Aquarius: Drat you!

I love you! :happyjump: :happyjump:
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:11 am

I dunno....T'Pol looks kinda like she's rolling her eyes. :D
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:13 am

And in a lot of ways that's SO appropriate! Especially when you consider the state of Han and Leia's relationship up to that time. ;-)

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:15 am

Okay.

Okay.

I'm going to admit something.

I have......never........um.....y'know......."seen"........Star Wars.

Sooooo........ you can all hate me now. :neutral:

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:37 am

:shock: :wtf: :shock: :wtf: :shock: :wtf: :shock: :wtf:

*coughs*

Alrighty then....

Sorry--just teasing! But seriously--I so RARELY encounter anyone who hasn't at least watched the original trilogy! So this came as kind of a surprise!

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:42 am

[shamefully] I know, I know....I'm a terrible excuse for a sci-fi geek....you can say it.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:57 am

Um... why not?
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:22 am

enterprikayak wrote:I have......never........um.....y'know......."seen"........Star Wars.

Say what!??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Are you for real!? Even non-fans have seen it at least once! (Where's that fainting smiley?)
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:39 am

enterprikayak Don't feel bad I know people who have NEVER seen Star Wars. Personally I'm a fan, but it's not everyone's cup of tea. And although I don't know why you've never seen it, that doesn't make you a terrible sci-fi geek. I never got into the new BSG, or Babylon 5 I still consider myself a geek goddess. (no I didn't coin the term)
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:07 am

Well, that makes 2 of us, ek. I've only ever seen little clips whilst babysitting two young terrors.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:20 am

Evil little Sithlings were they? Like I said to me you're both still respectable "Geek Goddesses" and we have to stick together. So ek some more art would be nice... Titian, Rembrant, Rapheal, feeling inspired?
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:21 am

My general theory of Star Wars goes thusly:

When the movie came out, you were either (a) alive, or (b) not alive, yes?

In the case (a) above, wherein a person was, in fact "alive" when Star Wars debuted, they invariably went to see it. It was the 70's. There was nothing else to do, there was nothin' good on tv..."conditions were perfect" as the Conchords say....and thus ALL people watched it, and were amazed by the light sabers and the Force and what have you ... and were so a-goggle from the sheer and thorough amazingness of it, that they became helpless lifelong fans.

The second scenario (b) wherein a person was "not alive" during the release of the original star wars, is predicated upon the people from the first scenario: Immediately upon sensing the un-starwars'ed status of the small new person (b), any person from the first group (a), is compelled genetically to sit the smaller person down and show them all the Star Wars movies forthwith, as the smaller person (b) was not lucky enough to be alive when these iconic movies came out. The smaller person (b) usually holds this older person (a) in some regard. Thus all the hyperbole surrounding the movie (not to mention the puddles of drool on the floor when the older people were watching) seared an iconic, again helpless, love for the franchise into the tender young (b) brain.

And so it became thus: the mission of all human kind: that those from scenario (a) should educate all those in scenario (b) in the ways of the skywalking, sort-of-talking, Forceful yetis.

Now *I* personally come from a much smaller group. A minority if you will, that comes with it many of the prejudices and inconveniences of any minority-status group. Group (c) (if you will) is composed of those few lost souls, who, though most patently NOT ALIVE when the magic of Star Wars bent everyone's brain, was not tenderly cared for by a member of the (a) group, and thus NOT educated in the ways of the aforementioned yeti at a young and impressionable age. This happens when an (a) group member with a broken, malfunctioning brain doesn't bond properly to the Star War molecule during the initial imprinting session (watching the film). They are doomed to straggle through life, having watched Star Wars, and yet unable to grasp that most precious, precious internal nougat-y Force that all the other group (a) members imbibe like Jem'Hadar on the White.

These broken people then procreate, and fail to pass on the vital molecules to their offspring at a sufficiently early developmental stage.

In this case (c), the stunted human offspring tries their best, with the tools they have, to fit in with society.... only to find that-- alas! those untouched by the Force are *not quite*, in fact, full *members* of society.

No. We live on the outside.... wiping the glass.....feebly looking in. Not understanding.

Finally, the (c) person realises that they are missing a fundamental portion of human televisular DNA, and they *go* and rent this stupid effin' movie already.

But, sickeningly for all involved, it is too late. Too late alas! The campy 70's movie called Star Wars and its campy 70's sequels may *not* be tasted by a future-dwelling adult Star Wars virgin and appreciated. We stare in disbelief at the tall robot, and the small robot, we stare at a young Harrison Ford, for cripes' sakes, and we--those from (c)--look furtively over at our (a+b) friends who are nodding encouragingly, semi-insane smiles of voyeuristic gratification hovering about their mouths as they watch us deflowered.....and we wonder....just what it is....that they can possibly be talking about?!?? We cannot finish the movie. We ... cannot.

An essay. By eKayak.

(Ah, Jadzia....a precious cohort of the rare (c) persuasion! How bonded we are in this crazy world, yes? :) )
Last edited by enterprikayak on Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Picture Threads”