Post your pictures here!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Re: Member pics

Postby enterprikayak » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:44 pm

Here, I played with your picture. Now you have 3 versions. :hug: Your baby boy's all grown up!

|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Bether6074
Site Donor

Postby Bether6074 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:04 am

Thanks so much. Those are awesome. :clap: Yep. You know you're old when you have to ask your son for help with your homework... :roll:

Thanks, EK. :D

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:49 am

:lol: Yeah. It's even worse tho when they are only 5! Today after school aureilia's teacher and i were pushing our kids on the swings and the teacher starts chattering at Aureilia in French (it's Fr. immersion) and aureilia chatters back.....and while i'm kind of reeling over this interchange Aureilia turns and peers at me with this crafty grin and goes, "I bet you don't know what we just said, do you Mommy." And I'm like :dunno: "Nope. I have no clue. Something about a turtle?"

And she's all: :evillol:

It's awesome. I'm so excited for her. Tho it might be trouble later on. She has told me several times how as soon as abby can "talk right" she's gonna teach her french and they are going to "say EVERYTHING in front of" me and I "will have NO IDEA MOMMY! :evillol: " Yikes, hey? :lol:
---------------------------------------------------------------

warpgirl wrote:That said AWESOME Pic! Mom has always wanted to dress us girls up and take the photographs like that. We just can't afford to rent the costumes

We didn't rent them, we went to a studio with this tiny old Irish man and this tiny old Chinese woman (married) who dress you and poke you and prod you (well, she does; he just stands behind his massive digital camera and smiles and clicks away). It was only like $65 or something. Price goes up depending on how many are in the shot. (More prodding = more $ I guess? :dunno: :poke: )

We went another time on my 26th birthday... (just found this long-lost pic on an external old hard drive i discovered fallen behind my desk):

It's totally fun. You should do it sometime, WG. Back in the 70's my mom got some taken with my dad and uncle and aunt and a couple times alone and they are such neat pictures of her and i totally treasure them. It's fun for you, but you almost do it for your kids/grandkids/great-grandkids as well. :lol:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:55 am

My mom's starting a Photography studio, I think we'll get the costumes sooner or later. But the odds of her PAYING anyone else to take pics of us... Yeah not so much.

You look like Olivia De Havilland in that pic though. Lucky girl.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:07 am

:lol: Okay, you're gonna spank me, cause I didn't know who that was.

So I google image her to see who you are referring to and the main pix that pop up are of this 94 year old lady and I'm like HEY! :lol: but THEN I realize, there are a few MORE pictures of her, if you just WAIT a second and don't jump to concLUsions. :lol: And THEN I was like, "Aww, thanks Warpy!" I had kind of a long week, so that's a nice little boost :hug: ... even if the picture is ahem a couple of years old and a couple of kids ago. Sepia is ever so forgiving too.....you'd never know that in that shot I'd just had a baby and was breast feeding all the night and fu@king day long. :lol: Why the frick did we ever get rid of sepia?! It's the best!!!! :lol:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:18 am

enterprikayak wrote::lol: Okay, you're gonna spank me, cause I didn't know who that was.

So I google image her to see who you are referring to and the main pix that pop up are of this 94 year old lady and I'm like HEY! :lol: but THEN I realize, there are a few MORE pictures of her, if you just WAIT a second and don't jump to concLUsions. :lol: And THEN I was like, "Aww, thanks Warpy!" I had kind of a long week, so that's a nice little boost :hug: ... even if the picture is ahem a couple of years old and a couple of kids ago. Sepia is ever so forgiving too.....you'd never know that in that shot I'd just had a baby and was breast feeding all the night and fu@king day long. :lol: Why the frick did we ever get rid of sepia?! It's the best!!!! :lol:

You know Wuthering Hights so I broke a rule and assumed you'd get the Gone With The Wind thing. I think it's a biological fact that women are more beautiful pregnant and nursing. I think it's supposed to trigger something in men to make them want to stay with us. Although while they can't communicate with both sides of their brains they seem to be able to pick and choose which biological triggers they want to when it comes to sex and monogomy. At least according to the Discovery Channel.

So when do the girls get their pictures done to match mama?
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:12 pm

enterprikayak wrote::lol: Yeah. It's even worse tho when they are only 5! Today after school aureilia's teacher and i were pushing our kids on the swings and the teacher starts chattering at Aureilia in French (it's Fr. immersion) and aureilia chatters back.....and while i'm kind of reeling over this interchange Aureilia turns and peers at me with this crafty grin and goes, "I bet you don't know what we just said, do you Mommy." And I'm like :dunno: "Nope. I have no clue. Something about a turtle?"

And she's all: :evillol:

It's awesome. I'm so excited for her. Tho it might be trouble later on. She has told me several times how as soon as abby can "talk right" she's gonna teach her french and they are going to "say EVERYTHING in front of" me and I "will have NO IDEA MOMMY! :evillol: " Yikes, hey? :lol:

Sounds like it's time for some stealth French lessons. Then when they're teenagers you can pretend not to understand a word, and you'll know EVERYTHING. :twisted:
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:16 pm

Mom did that with me and sis when we learned ASL. We thought we were so clever fighting with it because she couldn't hear us. Well... We didn't get away with it of course.

Fics

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:47 pm

You know, one of my kids actually asked me once "When you were little, did everything used to be all brown?"

I was shouting, "NO!!! NO!!! My life was in full color. NOT SEPA! Despite what you may have seen in the movies."

The rumor that there were no IPods is actually true.

Yes, Bether, isn't it great to have grown kids you can actually TALK to about IDEAS???
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:12 pm

justTripn wrote:You know, one of my kids actually asked me once "When you were little, did everything used to be all brown?"

:guffaw:
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:16 am

:tears: that's EXACTLY what i thought of, ktr. :lol: Great minds think alike.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:26 am

:lol: Going thru old pix. Here's priso and I on our wedding day. I'm 19 and he's 18. :lol: :guffaw: :tears:

Oh man. :lol: We look 12.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:40 pm

You do not! And that is a very pretty dress! I think it's amazing how you two have been together so long when people who get married at twice your ages (in the photo) get divorced 3 years later. I mean do you realize how astronomical those odds are. My brother got married at 20 his ex-wife was 18, and that was a nightmare straight from ****. You and your hubby are like superheros of staying married.

Fics

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:17 pm

ek, you are beautiful, and yes, you are a superhero.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:14 pm

Wg, what does that make me? I have been married to the same woman for 42 years. I was 34 and she was in her late 20's

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Return to “Picture Threads”