Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

The Weather Channel

Postby enterprikayak » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:28 pm

So we've finally moved back UP the 40 stairs into the hill house.

Lake house was rented sight unseen to some Albertans. Thankfully they turned out to be normal (so far).

Last year we had the snowy lake out our front door.

The new livingroom window view: the tops of trees. Here's the 1st snowfall of the year:

Aureilia's having so much fun!
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Re: The Weather Channel

Postby evcake » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:40 pm

:) Pretty. :)
We had some snow last night but the wind blew so hard it couldn't stick. It was interesting sleeping in my brother's creaky little old house. The wind howled all night, and periodically things borne on the blast would crash into the house.
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:25 am

Gorgeous!
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:19 am

Wondrous! :)
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Bookworm
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Bookworm » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:13 am

We have had snow already two times, but for some reason it doesn't get cold enough so it melts and the sea isn't even near freezing. I remeber few years ago during new years time it was possible to drive a car to the island where my hubby's parent's have their summer cottage. The island is on the southern coast of Finland. It would be great to go to spent new year in the cottage again, but when the sea is open there is the possibility that you will go there with boat and if it gets colder the sea might start to freeze and you would be stuck there for days. The sea might freeze even quite fast, during the night but it wouldn't be thick enough to hold a walking person.

I hope you get more snow. Christmash without snow is a bit depressing.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:25 pm

Since I'm not too fond of the snow and cold, I don't mind if it's not a white Christmas over here (the snow has begun to melt away now). And the weathermen say that there won't be much here in Sweden next week unless you live up north. That's good news for my driving to my parents' place.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:15 am

enterprikayak wrote:So we've finally moved back UP the 40 stairs into the hill house.

Lake house was rented sight unseen to some Albertans. Thankfully they turned out to be normal (so far).

The new livingroom window view: the tops of trees. Here's the 1st snowfall of the year:

Ahh, wonderous Canadia... Land of Snow and FROZEN DEATH!!!!

How's the -40 treating ya? ;)
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:25 pm

I bet EK's part of Canada is a lot warmer in the winter than CX's slice of the Dakotas.

Probably warmer than Albany too. :(

40 steps with a baby and a toddler? You ain't lacking in gumption, EK!
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:08 pm

-17° this morning...

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:35 pm

Elessar wrote:
enterprikayak wrote:So we've finally moved back UP the 40 stairs into the hill house.

HEY!

The snow is INTERESTING cause we don't usually GET any on the southwest coast. :raspberry:

How's MISSOURI btw? Sunny and warm? :guffaw: :guffaw: ;)

(Throw a couple of snowballs for me, Laura Ingalls.)
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:06 pm

Well I kinda feel pathetic to even complain about my weather here in SoCal what with all of y'all freezing in the snow etc. :? But anyway... I'm cold :( it's like 51 degrees here. And it's been raining in the past few days. We have electricity and warm water. But I haven't showered in like forever because I don't have a bathroom in my room and I have to use the shared bathroom, and the showers have those doors that start like a foot above the floor and end like way below the ceiling, so it's like totally impossible to keep the cold OUTSIDE because it's always frelling open, and also there's this frelling window in the bathroom that ain't even really a window it's just a frelling hole in the wall because there's no actual window to cover it and it's RIGHT ABOVE THE SHOWERS, and so there's always freezing wind coming through it and straight into the frelling showers. I mean like I freeze just cleaning the showers with that wind blowing on me, so actually taking a shower in there, hell no way. I'm already sick :( :cry: really it's just like totally baffling what the FRELL were people thinking when they designed this building. It doesn't frelling make any sense. :evil: :explode: Well and the frelling roof is leaking in about a million and one places, two of them are in my room and it smells all moldy yucks. :upchuck: My window doesn't close completely because it's too small so there's always a crack left. Well but I leave it half open now anyway otherwise the moldy smell is just intolerable. (And then the manager blames me for stinking up the room because everything is always my fault :? :roll: :( ) And I have to wear short sleeves and flip flops while I work and my clothes get wet and my feet get wet and it's freezing cold. And I have a cold :( and I want a warm shower :( :cry:
ImageImage

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:09 pm

:( :( :( :( :( :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:27 pm

enterprikayak wrote:
Elessar wrote:

HEY!

The snow is INTERESTING cause we don't usually GET any on the southwest coast. :raspberry:

How's MISSOURI btw? Sunny and warm? :guffaw: :guffaw: ;)

(Throw a couple of snowballs for me, Laura Ingalls.)

Laura Ingalls WILDER! :lol:

It's... 10-20. Inch or two of snow.
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:39 pm

You know, T'PopTarts, I don't think I was ever colder indoors than one night I spent visiting friends in Davis, California. You could literally feel the cold air blowing in through their utterly uninsulated apartment walls. And I've been miserably cold in my parent's house in Florida too. So I believe you.

When you live in a cold climate you at least figure out how to keep your houses warm. And if you can't keep them completely warm, you figure out how to dress to keep yourself warm.

Hope you feel better soon.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:47 pm

Yeah unfortunately it's impossible to dress warm in the SHOWER!! Gah :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
ImageImage

Return to “General Chat”