What's Worse?

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: What's Worse?

Postby Asso » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:45 am

You are right, but - please, don't take this wrong - your question resounds... dark., and I believe that every thought we have is a mirror of our own feelings. But enough, now, otherwise it could sound I am a futile controversialist. I select the first choice, because pain ceases, sooner or later, and pain is something with which all of us must confront.

A steep, but short, ascent or a sweet, but long, descent? (I hope I'm capable of displaying the figurative sense of my question).
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:30 am

Downhill for me, please. 8)

Q: What's worse, pooping in your evsuit or coming back from Risa in your underoos?
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:24 am

EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW! Crack me up! :lol:

Uh, the poop in the EV suit is DEFINITELY worse!! Coming back in your Underoos from Risa--everyone will just assume you had a REALLY GOOD TIME!!! :p

What's Worse: being chased on foot by Borg, or being chased on foot by a Horta?
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:03 pm

Aquarius wrote:What's Worse: being chased on foot by Borg, or being chased on foot by a Horta?

The Horta are quicker. I've never seen a Borg run. So Horta it is.

Q: What's worse, being captured by Hirogens or Vidiians?
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:29 pm

Vidiians. Hirogens like to hunt. They might agree to give you a head start, and maybe even a weapon to make it sporting.

What's worse, trust betrayed or unrequited love?
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:43 pm

For me the answer is simple. Trust betrayed... is on the agenda.
Unrequited love... well... maybe it, too, is on the agenda, but it hurts much more.

Fear of the unknown. Or an unknown fear?
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:24 am

I am not sure I understand the concept of an unknown fear. we really are getting philosophical, aren't we? I would have to say fear of the unknown. As long as I understand the risks involved in something, even if the odds are not good, I can handle it. Not knowing what is going on drives me nuts.

If we are getting into deep waters then, how about this? Which is worse, security without freedom or freedom without security?
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:19 am

blacknblue wrote:If we are getting into deep waters then, how about this? Which is worse, security without freedom or freedom without security?

Security without freedom is worse. At least with freedom without security I have some control over my own destiny.

Q: What is worse, living in the Matrix or living in the Matrix knowing you're living in the Matrix, i.e. taking the blue pill or the red pill?
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:37 am

Wow, that's really a "glass half empty/glass half full" question, isn't it?

Further complicated that regardless, I just wanna know where the hell the rest of my drink went!

I guess I would go along with the "ignorance is bliss" sentiment and say that the worst option is living in the Matrix and knowing it.

What's worse: fear of Borg assimilation, or fear of being in a compartment that decompressed?

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:03 am

Aquarius wrote:What's worse: fear of Borg assimilation, or fear of being in a compartment that decompressed?
I have to go with the decompression fear, because it's more likely to happen. And pretty much everyone would be afraid of being assimilated, too.

Which is worse: a blind date with Neelix or being subject to one of Phlox's new animal cures?

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain
Twitter username: ladyrainbow

Postby Lady Rainbow » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:59 pm

the blind date. At least Phlox's cure might be good for something, and if it doesn't go well, at least I'm in Sickbay. :lol:

Q: Being a Q or being a Borg?
Avatar of Hoshi/Malcom "The Dogwalker" courtesy of ivymae at http://www.captainsoma.com/enterpriseoddities/main.html

Siggy complete with beagle! :)

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:42 pm

Lady Rainbow wrote:the blind date. At least Phlox's cure might be good for something, and if it doesn't go well, at least I'm in Sickbay. :lol:

Q: Being a Q or being a Borg?

Being a Q. The Borg don't have free will. Or will of any kind.

Q.: Which is worse, having to listen to the Captain's gazelle speech or having him yell in your face (from a distance of what looks to me to be about 6 inches.)
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:36 am

The yelling is worse. You can nap during the speech. And I would have to smack him during the yelling, which would put me in the brig, where I doubt the rations are the best.

Oops. Almost forgot. Uh....

Which is worse, losing everything you own and living destitute but keeping your pride? Or being rich but having to sacrifice your self-respect to do it?

Don't answer quickly if you have never actually been broke. It ain't a bit fun. I really ain't.
--Tecumseh
--King Solomon the Wise

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:57 am

Well, I think I'm qualified to answer this since I quit my job at a hostile work environment and basically became an independent contractor. I now have the least amount of money I've had in my life, I can't make half my bills, but my clientele is growing, and I have my self-respect because I don't have a jackass boss telling me what's what.

So the worst of the two is being rich and having to sacrifice my self-respect...though I DO NOT have the experience of having been rich to know if it's really all that bad or not. :wink:

What's worse: having the electricity go out during a storm, or the phones? (And no, you can't say "Well I have a cell phone, so..." Assume it doesn't work, either.)

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:34 am

Oh, definitely going without electricity is worse. Especially if you're on a well and that means no more water. Double especially if you don't have an alternative source of heat and it's winter.

What's worse: Forcing yourself to eat something you hate in order to be polite, or offending your host?
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Return to “General Chat”