Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Bether6074
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: Randomness

Postby Bether6074 » Tue May 12, 2015 2:37 pm

A bit of randomness...

I have been following Connor on Twitter. I just recently started going there and mostly use it as my fan page. :p I think that Jasper looks just like his mom. I can't believe he is 9 already, yikes!

Entilzha
Captain
Captain

Postby Entilzha » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:07 pm

Got back from Berlin last night. Beautiful city. Best of all I got to stay basically on the main street and get paid for it. Well I wasn't on a vacation but I was like a couple of blocks away from Brandenburg Gates :happyjump: .
You live for The One, you die for The One.

Eireann
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Eireann » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:24 pm

I'm wondering if this has been mentioned somewhere else on here or is it something that nobody's going to mention, but has anyone else seen Connor in 'Prey for Death'?

(Runs to hide in a very dark place in case I shouldn't have asked...) :oops:

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:54 pm

Nope. Is it any good?
Image sig by chrisis1033

Eireann
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Eireann » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:14 am

Errrhhhh...

Well, apart from the fact that filming apparently started half way through the story, that there was no character development whatsoever, that the dialogue was dire, the plot was more full of holes than a Swiss cheese, the English character was a ghastly caricature painted by someone who really, really hates English people, the Japanese character had fallen out of a Bruce Lee film, and poor Connor's acting skills were mostly limited to running around looking tired and bewildered, yes, it was a great film.

Two plus points: 1. The scenery was great. 2. You got to see Connor's chest (very briefly).

Incidentally I accidentally saw him in 'Odyssey' last night. He achieved more presence in about five minutes of screen time in that than in the entire excruciating 78 minutes of 'Prey for Death'. Actually he was riveting in it, and I hope it gets him the recognition he deserves as a really capable actor.

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:36 am

Eireann wrote:Well, apart from the fact that filming apparently started half way through the story, that there was no character development whatsoever, that the dialogue was dire, the plot was more full of holes than a Swiss cheese, the English character was a ghastly caricature painted by someone who really, really hates English people, the Japanese character had fallen out of a Bruce Lee film, and poor Connor's acting skills were mostly limited to running around looking tired and bewildered, yes, it was a great film.

Bit like Enterprise, then. :D :oops:

Eireann
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Eireann » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:14 am

Oh dear, I hadn't thought of it that way, but I'm afraid the resemblance was quite prodigious! :clap:

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:55 am

What is Odyssey? TV show? Movie?
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Eireann
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Eireann » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:02 pm

It's listed on IMDB as 'American Odyssey', though here on UK television the 'American' part of it isn't used. This is the link:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3551796/

In all honesty I haven't been paying much attention to the story, it's some kind of military conspiracy thing - about Iraq I think. Connor is apparently in four episodes and my other half says he's not a very nice person (that wasn't actually what he said he was, but it's an expurgated version). I actually only looked at the screen when I heard his voice. Must say, I think he looked rather sexy too!

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:20 am

I never even heard of it. Thanks. I'll have to see if some handy fan has posted YouTube clips of his scenes!
Image.Image

Cap'n Frances
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Cap'n Frances » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:09 am

I'm enjoying a short stay-cation. Yesterday we went to the Smithsonian's Air and Space Museum. I'd never been to their observatory. I was surprised that I could see Venus through the telescope at noon on a very sunny day.

While I was there, I picked up a flyer on citizen science projects in astronomy. I knew about SETI@Home, but I didn't realize that there are a bunch of others. You can help map the Moon or Mars or an asteroid, look for planets around other stars or for new galaxies, track the brightness of variable stars, track solar storms, help scientists learn more about the Milky Way or look for stardust outside our solar system. It looks like we can explore the stars while we're still here on Earth. Now I just need to decide which project to choose.

Cap'n Frances
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Cap'n Frances » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:25 am

Happy Halloween! Did anyone wear a Star Trek costume to a Halloween party? I dug out an old Next Generation uniform and went to our clinic's Halloween party as Dr. Beverly Crusher. I didn't win one of the prizes, but I got a lot of smiles and nice comments. I'd like to get an Enterprise uniform for next year (and maybe for a con or two before then). Anyone have any advice on that?

putaro
Captain
Captain

Postby putaro » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:39 am

Happy Halloween! I was very boring this year. It's been a long time since I was in the US for Halloween. I think there are more adults wearing costumes than way back when.

Transwarp
Captain
Captain

Postby Transwarp » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:28 pm

I dressed up as a lazy fan fic writer who is slowly working on the next chapter and hopes to have it out in another month or so.
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:25 am

Did you folks see this news about a new Star Trek series? http://comicbook.com/2015/11/02/new-sta ... -released/
Image.Image

Return to “General Chat”