Randomness

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Re: Randomness

Postby Weeble » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:19 pm

Oh, and by the way i refuse to use any HP products except my old calculator, cause once you do rpn you can't go back. My printers are epsons...
RIP Tom, I will miss you, as will many others

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Distracted » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:19 pm

I wish I understood what he just said...
Image sig by chrisis1033

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:54 pm

weeble is talking in code :lol: :lol:

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:51 pm

Dis,

RPN is reverse Polish Notation, no joke. if you have never used an HP calculator don't, there is no equals and a strange button called 'enter'. its an engineer thing.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:47 pm

You know how to shoot yourself in the foot in RPN, do you? 8)

foot in yourself shoot :mrgreen:

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:11 am

yup,

if you are an RPN user you know. You can't go back, its kinda like Borg assimilation. Besides its better.

Me, act on me, result :spiraleyes:

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:13 pm

In other words, RPN is structured like the German language. Joy. Just thinking about it gives me a headache. All bass-ackwards and stuff. Fortunately the only calculations I usually need to do involve things like counting the pulse for 15 seconds and multiplying by 4. It gets really complicated when I get a foreign student in and I have to convert from kilos to pounds or Celsius to Fahrenheit. Takes me a while. Math is definitely not my thing. :roll:
Image sig by chrisis1033

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:32 pm

Try converting meters per second into furlongs per fortnight.....

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:24 pm

:lol: When would you ever need furlongs per fortnight?
Image sig by chrisis1033

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:05 pm

Distracted wrote:In other words, RPN is structured like the German language. Joy. Just thinking about it gives me a headache. All bass-ackwards and stuff. Fortunately the only calculations I usually need to do involve things like counting the pulse for 15 seconds and multiplying by 4. It gets really complicated when I get a foreign student in and I have to convert from kilos to pounds or Celsius to Fahrenheit. Takes me a while. Math is definitely not my thing. :roll:

Not really. German is a grammatical mess, but doesn't really have much similarities with RPN. You won't get much sympathy for the conversion troubles. Since the US Of Americaland are the only major country in the world, which still insists on bass-ackwards units like Fahrenheit or pounds instead of just adopting the relatively simple metric system, I'd say you guys only have yourself to blame 8)

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:56 pm

Furlongs per fortnight really really slow horse one of those high school extra credit questions that stuck in my head.

I like the metric system for most things, not all, like pressure calcs (psi makes sense to me). We also did not adopt the Euro, that marvelous medium of currency exchange. No doubt soon you will be bringing back the Deutsch Mark just to save yourselves.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:14 pm

Weeble wrote:Furlongs per fortnight really really slow horse one of those high school extra credit questions that stuck in my head.

I like the metric system for most things, not all, like pressure calcs (psi makes sense to me). We also did not adopt the Euro, that marvelous medium of currency exchange. No doubt soon you will be bringing back the Deutsch Mark just to save yourselves.

You can't reall compare a unified currency, with a system that is in use world-wide except for the US of A, Burma and Liberia :lol: BTW, America couldn't have adopted the Euro even if they wanted to. With the rampaging debts, the US wouldn't have met the entry requirements. :-P

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:35 pm

Thank goodness for small favors

lfvoy
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Twitter username: lfvoy

Postby lfvoy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:51 pm

Agreed. It took me long enough, growing up, to learn how to write a dollar sign. That weird sort-of-kind-of-but-not-really-an-E thing that goes in front of Euros? Really just looks like a spiderweb to me...
My fan fiction is in The Laundry Room.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:00 am

I think the Euro is a good thing. With you countries vastness most Americans don't really understand how it was to live in pre-Euro Europe. Just imagine that every US state would have its own currency, so whenever you went into a different state, you'd have to change, losing money everytime. Now I can go across half of Europe paying with the same currency in most of them. Not to mention that all countries in the Eurozone are now on a level playing field economically. Back in the day the Spanish Peseta or the Italian Lira were ridiculously weak currencies, while the Deutsche Mark was pretty strong. That meant that exported German goods were expensive abroad, while the Mediterraneans flooded Europe with dirt cheap warez. Now it's the same for all.

Return to “General Chat”