Randomness

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Randomness

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:00 am

Hey KTR any Hindi movies in that collection? I know one that might be your speed, Dhoom2 you don't need to watch the original to get it, and the women are prettier in pt2 anyway. Not that I notice much, I'm too busy drooling over Hrithik Roshad. But hey do women really get more beautiful than Aishawarya Rai? Seriously, I'm not entirely sure she's a human at all!

Sorry totally obsessed with Bollywood right now. Mostly with Hrithik Roshad, I'm not sure he's human either! :loveeyes:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Show On Map: No

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:21 pm

Um no! Bollywood isn't my thing... :?
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:46 am

I'm thinking Bollywood just isn't big on butts.

EDIT: But maybe this would help...http://www.bollywoodgo.net/2010/10/15-b ... CW5vKBuqSo (McAfee Site Advisor says it's okay).
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:08 am

Are you kidding! I just finished 3 movies where all the leading ladies had first class Bums! Malcolm would have been in heaven! As a matter of fact, that would be a hysterical tale Malcolm demands Bollywood for Movie Night! But just to prove there are Bums... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1XD2RGDsc0

If you absolutely hate the music (and I can't see how) mute enjoy the view!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:47 am

Seriously, I've had it with Indians :? A week ago I started a project for Hewlett Packard in Hannover and HP really likes to wreck wages around the world by using Indians, who are paid ridiculously low wages. For a week I dealt with that bunch and I'm short of running amok.
Obviously those folks have no idea, how to speak English. That pidgin crap they are babbling - seriously, my 2 weeks old neffew speaks better. But the really big thing that makes me want to disembowel that bunch of human crap is how they treat women. One of them told me, after I asked him, why he had just cussed off our (female) head of deveopment, (I'm not making that up!) "It's only a woman, you'd get only 5 cows for her in India. She's worthless"

WTF :evil: :evil: They treat our female colleagues like something you scrape off your shoe! HP has recalled all Indians, after several of them had a rather physical encounter with German colleagues after mistreating several of our girls. I'm at loss for words, how such a bunch of people is allowed to live. Mistreating women is as low as it gets and they seem to see it as part of their culture. It's just so utterly disgusting :evil:

putaro
Captain
Captain

Postby putaro » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:28 pm

Well, as with any ethnic group your mileage will vary. When I was running engineering for a Silicon Valley company during the dot com bubble it was almost impossible to hire anyone except Indians - those would be the only resumes I'd get.

I had a number of really sharp, well mannered people come on board as well as a few duds.

For recent arrivals there was often a period of cultural adjustment. I had one young Indian engineer who was sharp, well dressed, but obviously didn't bathe more than once a week. It was becoming a major problem, so I bumped it to my boss since it wasn't a technical problem and I had my hands full. His proposed brilliant solution was to put a bar of soap in a paper bag, write the engineer's name on it and leave it on his desk. So, after a big sigh, I took the young engineer into my office and explained to him that in America it was important to bathe regularly, preferably daily, and that no one would tell him he smelled bad to his face but that they would talk and it would impact his career. Problem solved and to this day he's a good friend.

Indian wages have had an impact all over the world, though people are starting to finally realize that out-sourcing to India is not the panacea they would like it to be. We bid on a Japanese->English localization project back around 2001. I think our bid was something like US $30K. We were told the Indian bid was something like $3K. We just laughed and told them to give it a whirl. We never checked to see how badly it turned out.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:43 pm

Isn't India the 3rd largest population in the world? I mean, seriously to judge an entire society on the actions of just a relatively few encounters is a bit harsh. I'm not saying that there aren't valid points to be made, no society is perfect. Social injustice occurs everywhere and to all demographics. What that man said about that woman was disgusting and wrong, but the domestic abuse statistics in my country are just as appauling and wrong.

There's also good things in every culture. I'm not trying to be Pollyanna about it, I just think it's too easy to look for the bad in people and ignore the good.

Fics

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:29 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Are you kidding! I just finished 3 movies where all the leading ladies had first class Bums! Malcolm would have been in heaven! As a matter of fact, that would be a hysterical tale Malcolm demands Bollywood for Movie Night! But just to prove there are Bums... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1XD2RGDsc0

If you absolutely hate the music (and I can't see how) mute enjoy the view!

You sure know how to sell something to me... :lol:
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:57 pm

You're too easy! Try Dhoom 2 Aish is way more beautiful!

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:31 pm

Okay, I spent seven years on the Indian sub-continent. Two in Bangladesh, Two in Pakistan and three in India.

Muslims should bath five times daily before prayers. most try.

For many Indians the only source of water may be a "Tank" a square shaped depression scooped out of the ground and allowed to fill with water by the Monsoon. Usually a small village will pop up beside it. They use the water for everything: cooking, bathing, throwing in the Morning slops, etc. But they do try to bathe.

Sometimes their source of water will be a spigot that they use to draw their cooking water and will crouch in front of to bathe.

Educated Indians live better and have better bathing faciilties. They bathe regurarly.

Muslims consider women one step below a Dog and the Dog is the lowest form of life in the Muslim world. For a devout Muslim to be touched by a Dog means five days of purification at a Mosque. They avoid Dogs ike the plague. It is in their religion.

You want Poverty go to India. It makes appalacia look like a rich kindom.

As usual a small percentage of the population is riding on the backs of the rest of the population.

If you ever want to see something intersting watch two Indians in India have a conversation. They measure each word the other speaks to see if there is any insult in them or anything else offeding.

I could go on but I won't

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:46 pm

I sure hope nobody in India is reading this.

Fics

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:20 pm

WarpGirl wrote:I sure hope nobody in India is reading this.

Even if someone does, they don't speak English anyways :lol:

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:12 pm

The real fun in India is the contractors. Having been involved (my boss ran projects over there and he needed someone to vent at) Every contract goes to some relative. Cousins, in-laws, uncle you name it. Not to mention the government officials who issue the permits are also relatives, or at least dictate which of their relatives should get the subcontracts.

i do not view them as a threat...
RIP Tom, I will miss you, as will many others

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:21 pm

Wow! Okay... Seriously can't people think of anything positive to say? Other than Putaro's post, I've seen nothing but nastiness and bigotry. Like I said, I don't deny that there are things about *every society* that are bad. But to have post after post with *nothing* good to say about a group of people of any race religion or demographic is just as bad as any of the things being condemned here!

Fics

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:29 am

WarpGirl wrote:Wow! Okay... Seriously can't people think of anything positive to say? Other than Putaro's post, I've seen nothing but nastiness and bigotry.

This has nothing to do with bigotry or nastiness. It's called first-hand experience. There simply isn't much positive to say about Indians. They breed like rabbits because they don't have TV sets, they wreck wages all over the world with their ridiculously low wages, they work badly (we had one Indian pull the plug on a production database server this week :spiraleyes: ) On top of that the majority of them treat women like crap. Tell me any redeeming feature of that bunch? It can't be a nice arse in a movie, because I can get that from domestic movies.

Return to “General Chat”