Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: Randomness

Postby JadziaKathryn » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:01 am

I had a fantastic high school, I really did. I'm not in a city, or suburbia, or the middle of nowhere. I'm in a town big enough to be a city but content to keep on as a town. (The difference between a city and town is governmental organization, not size. That is to say, reaching a certain population level doesn't make you a city automatically. You have to then apply to the state to let you reorganize your government as a city, with a mayor and so on.) However, my school is known for being a good school. It was built in '95 so when I was there ('99-'03) it was still new, and they had a lot of technology. While there were of course lousy teachers, there were also really good ones that pushed you to think about things differently. I took Current Events one semester, and that was a fantastic class. The "textbook" was a Newsweek every week, and we'd read them and discuss, well, current events. The great part was that it wasn't indoctrination - the teacher just wanted us to think about things and see how complicated a lot of issues are.

Mitchell, if you find gold in your hayfield, you'll make money in two ways: once from the gold, and the rest from charging admission to people who want to find a fleck for themselves. Of course you couldn't use it for hay, but that's alright because you'd be able to buy it with your riches.

Bether6074
Site Donor

Postby Bether6074 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:47 am

So, what kind of music does everyone here like? My husband and I are going to a concert tomorrow night. My first one in more than 20 years! Pretty pathetic. Anyway, I like romantic, soothing melodies the best. I suppose that shouldn't be much of a surprise. Laughing We're going to see Josh Groban. What a voice this young guy has. Smile I also enjoy just about every other type of music, except for hard rock and really twangy country.

tennisgirl
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby tennisgirl » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:33 am

Well, I have around 1000 songs in my iPod, from Puccini's Nessum Dorma to Fatboy Slim mixes... Cool
Avatar made possible by the art of ivymae

Quinn - Daria, you can't leave me here with those, those... yuppies!
Daria - Yuppies are from the Eighties.
Quinn - So what do you call people in funny outfits who talk about peace and love and stuff?
Daria - Trekkies...
Episode #205 - That Was Then, This is Dumb - Daria

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:14 am

Everyone has different Music they like I like U2, The Police and Cold play. Also Enya and Lorena McKennit. Journey being a personal favorite. The Chieftains saw them in concert they're one group I finally got to see live at long last.I like groups Annuna and Clannad and The Corrs . Also World Music. Movie Soundtracks StarTrekTwok,Titanic , Braveheart to name a few.Also Snowplow and The Fray.

Entilzha
Captain
Captain

Postby Entilzha » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:32 pm

I mostly like the heavier stuff like Metallica, Pantera, Rammstein etc. Last year I went to a Metallica concert with my friend and we where only couple of meters from the stage and the subwoofers where directly in front of us, now that was totally mind blowing. After the concert most of the people marched to the center of the city. There were at least 50000 people walking through the city making waves as we went. Cool
You live for The One, you die for The One.

Bether6074
Site Donor

Postby Bether6074 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:01 pm

Oh, and I forgot to mention that my cousin plays guitar for Lenny Kravitz. Not really my type of music, but it's still pretty neat having a professional musician in the family.

prisocisor

Postby prisocisor » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:01 pm

That's sooo cool Bether: I love Lenny Kravitz!

Cool Cool Cool

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:39 pm

Really random: all my Ent DVDs came from ebay in the usual silver plastic thingy. But Season 2 was also enclosed in a cardboard box. About to toss it, I pause. Is this some collector thing?
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

dark_rain
Site Admin

Postby dark_rain » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:48 pm

Not that I'm aware of. But then I dont know, I have no dvd's Sad Sad Sad
voo@octane2:~> uname -a
IRIX64 octane2 6.5 07080050 IP30

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:14 am

Okay this is sick. No this is really, really sick. But anyway Confused Confused

Like Obi just said she's leaving on September 11th. And now I'm just sitting here thinking like what the frell kinda date is that for her to leave?? Confused Confused Confused Confused I mean like not only that it's too depressing a date to celebrate her long awaited departure, like I actually find myself kinda WISHING FOR HER FRELLING PLANE TO CRASH. Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Well not really (obviously), but still... kinda toying with that sick twisted idea in my tiny little evil brain. Confused Confused Confused Confused

Yeah. That's sick. Really, really sick. Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
ImageImage

dark_rain
Site Admin

Postby dark_rain » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:58 pm

voo@octane2:~> uname -a
IRIX64 octane2 6.5 07080050 IP30

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander

Postby Jedikatie » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:42 pm

^
"Snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes?"

Better hope that Rigil doesn't see those pictures, he's not too fond of snakes either... And better at your house than at mine...
Was this the army that invaded your country, ma'am? No, officer, they were taller than that...

How about this one? I'm not sure--get them to march up and down a bit...

(From Terry Pratchett's Jingo)

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:52 pm

It's hard to tell what kind of snake it is. I like garter snakes - they keep down pests in the garden, and are cute too. Smile

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:54 pm

Awesome pictures! Did it just sit still for you to photograph it? Laughing The Paris Hilton of snakes? hehehe. I like snakes, I've never been afraid of them, when I had a few draped on my arm in kindergarden it really got rid of any fear. I hate spiders though. And bees...and wasps. *cringe*. Anything that flies. But snakes, snakes don't bother me.
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:13 pm

You released him, right? They actually eat slugs, you know. Smile

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Return to “General Chat”