Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Transwarp
Captain
Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: Randomness

Postby Transwarp » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:43 pm

I completed the crossword puzzle, but that does NOT make me a hopeless fan-nerd, because I had to google some of the answers. Yes, I couldn't remember that those North Star aliens were called Skagarans. And I couldn't remember what the Xyrillians were called. And I couldn't remember Phlox's wife's name. (Feezal!) So there's hope for me, right?

Right?

By the way, one of the clues was 'First new race introduced on ST:ENT' and it appears to be the Suliban. But wasn't Phlox the first Denobulan we've seen on any of the Treks..?

No, wait. We saw the suliban chasing the klingon before we saw Phlox.

Oh god, I *AM* a fan-nerd.
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:56 am

enterprikayak wrote:Click the image to view the full pdf with clues.

And here's the answer key!

Elessar wrote:THAT'S FRICKIN AWESOME! I JUST PRINTED IT OFF~! AND I'M IN IT! xD

Yes. Yes, you are in it. And yes. It is frickin awesome.

Transwarp wrote:I completed the crossword puzzle, but that does NOT make me a hopeless fan-nerd, because I had to google some of the answers. Yes, I couldn't remember that those North Star aliens were called Skagarans. And I couldn't remember what the Xyrillians were called. And I couldn't remember Phlox's wife's name. (Feezal!) So there's hope for me, right?

Right?

By the way, one of the clues was 'First new race introduced on ST:ENT' and it appears to be the Suliban. But wasn't Phlox the first Denobulan we've seen on any of the Treks..?

No, wait. We saw the suliban chasing the klingon before we saw Phlox.

Oh god, I *AM* a fan-nerd.

:nerd: You see class, in this example, the subject begins their post in the stage we like to term "denial". However, upon completing several sentences containing intimate Star Trek detail—detail that only a fan-nerd would know—the subject attains a micro-crisis state, epiphanizes their reality, and finally comes to the self-knowledge that everyone around them already sees: Fan-Nerd.

Write that down. This material will be on the test at the end of the next orbital cycle. :nerd:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:58 am

:rotflmao: The first step is admiting the addiction! It gets much easier from here on out.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:04 am

Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen.

But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!

We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!

that's a new world-famous quote now. by me. you're welcome.

edit: well if ann's not taking it, I think it's time for my snowball quote to be replaced. :lol:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:31 am

Tits are BIG? Haven't noticed that. whose?

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:34 am

:rotflmao: no one's. there are no big tits in star trek.

dark_rain
Site Admin

Postby dark_rain » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:08 am

Silverbullet wrote:A year or so ago I typed in a user name I had on another board which I spelled a little differently. Up came every damned thing I had posted on that board. Scared Hell out of me. Since I never sent any PM's on tht board none came up. I have since typed in Silverbullet but it too is quite popular.I am not wading through many pages on the net to see if what I have posted on Trisilk is there.

Still, think this is scary. I know tat e-mails can be accessed if one knows how. I would hate to think that every little thing I have ever posted on boards is available to anyone who wants to read them.

That's the thing about the internet, it pays to be careful about what you put up. Because once it's up there, it's staying up there and chances are anyone can find it. Webservers do not forget. Thankfully, things like PM and email are protected, so a simple google will not turn them up. (This board software and all others that I know do no allow access to private messages unless you are logged in and the private message was either sent BY you or sent TO you. There is no way of accessing anyone else's stuff unless you have actual server clearance.) The same applies to email, although communications between SMTP relays (basically electronic post offices) are usually NOT encrypted, so it would be possible to snoop there if you were really patient. This is why you should not send credit card details over email, people. The owner of the relay can also go snooping at what's gone through if they so desire.
voo@octane2:~> uname -a
IRIX64 octane2 6.5 07080050 IP30

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:47 pm

enterprikayak wrote:Random:

Aureilia (5) and Abby (2) are playing soccer of sorts with a big exercise ball all over the living room right now, and Aureilia's been yelling "I'm open!" at Abby the whole time.

And just now Abby pipes up "I. Oat. Nin. Ya-ya!" Which translates to: "I'm open, Aureilia!"

And I'm trying to keep the laughing inside and it's hard. :rotflmao:

That is too adorable. Reminds me of my "Germy" and "Kwi-fa-fer"

And your instant famous quote is so good I am tempted to make it may signature. :? I hope to complete the crossword puzzle today at lunch.

My randomness: I'm going to a CLAY AIKEN CONCERT!!!! :loveeyes: :happyjump:
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:23 pm

EK, now that I think of it. Mama T'Les had a big set of Mammeries. So did T'Pol. You are right except in the case of Hoshi.

SB

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:55 pm

I can't believe you only just noticed that about T'Pol. Actually, I can't repost ek's post as my sig because I'm all for more Hoshi's and Ensign Ro's in Star Trek, but otherwise . . . yeah!

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:22 pm

Ek, JT, just kidding. I DID notice T'Pol's Boobs. But hey. Hoshi is all right too. A handful is just as good as a large one. Take that from a Connseur (sp) of those things along with female butts. Been observing both for decades and decades.

SB

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:28 pm

Silverbullet wrote:Ek, JT, just kidding. I DID notice T'Pol's Boobs. But hey. Hoshi is all right too. A handful is just as good as a large one. Take that from a Connseur (sp) of those things along with female butts. Been observing both for decades and decades.

SB

You know how you write "lol" and you just mean, "Oh, that's funny." But right now I am LAUGHING OUT LOUD. I am wiping the tears away. Aureilia's sitting here going, "What's so funny Mama? Why are you laughing? What? What's funny? Tell me!"

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:21 pm

Awwww . . . that's sweet. Appreciation for diversity.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:18 pm

s'why we're here :lol:

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:47 pm

Me and hubs were discussing decorating the kitchen (almost finished) and the living room (still in the same shape as when we bought the house three months ago).
Hubs: "What colour do you want? The same broken white as in the space between the kitchen and the living room?
Me: "No that's rather boring. I liked the Java light green."
Hubs: "Light green? Does that fit with the wall paper?"
Me: "Of course the wall paper is brown" (It's bamboo motive wall paper in light brown).

Today I come home and find hubs painting part of the living room Java light green.
Me: "Why do you paint it green?"
Hubs: "You said so. And you decide the colours."
Me: "I said broken white!"
Hubs: "You said: green!"
Me: "For the kitchen!"
Hubs: "But you said the wall paper was brown, so it fits. I don't know, you know what fits."
Me: "The wall paper of the living room is redbrown with with cherry blossom" (For one wall, the rest is broken white.)

Any way, despite our miscommunication it looks nice!
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Return to “General Chat”