Randomness

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Kotik

Re: Randomness

Postby Kotik » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:14 am

enterprikayak wrote:One time I was walking downtown, and these, like, five guys jumped this one other guy (who was, admittedly, cussing them out and so forth) in the middle of a busy sidewalk in the middle of the day. I was about 3 weeks pregant, and I thought of interfering, but thought of the fact that I was pregnant, and so did nothing but edge along the sidewalk to the bus. Everyone else seemed to be thinking along the same lines as they all averted their eyes to this guy getting rushed and just walked along.

Then out of nowhere this old First Nations lady in a disability scooter comes barreling along and bashes her scooter into the legs and knees of the attackers and starts screaming and swearing at them, and the group dissolves and the victim gets away. It was so awesome. And also sad and weird that she was the only one who helped.

It's actually quite depressing. People don't look out for each other anymore :( That's what happened to me in July. I was beaten unconscious at a concert and robbed afterwards and people just left me on the ground unconscious in a 34°C heat for at least an hour (determined by may grade of dehydration) until someone called the medics. It's really depressing that people have come to be so ignorant. There's not much positive to say about communist countries, but such a thing would never have happened, when our country was still called GDR. People were depending on each other and looked out for each other. These days they don't even know their neighbors :?

Yashida
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby Yashida » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:33 pm

'Snow snows on my eyes my toes,
why, I think it even froze my nose...'

'Snowflakes,
they're like hunnycakes..'

Ah! After watching 'Winnie the Pooh's Christmas' several times after another with the little one, one would think I'd remember the lyrics properly...

Well, yes, I think you all get the drift: I'm enjoying the snow here!

Linda
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Postby Linda » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:00 pm

Enterprikayak, I am glad SOMEONE helped that guy. People from tribal cultures seem to watch out for each other more than people living in our homogenized large city cultural conglomerates. And Kotik, I am sorry you were hurt so badly. Just the fact of not being helped soon enough must have hurt as much as the beating and robbery!
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:44 pm

Linda wrote:Enterprikayak, And Kotik, I am sorry you were hurt so badly. Just the fact of not being helped soon enough must have hurt as much as the beating and robbery!

Well the aftermath of the beating amounted to two cracked ribs and a bruised coccyx, but those healed. The fact that people left me on the ground for so long, unconscious in a scorching heat is something I'm still struggling with mentally :(

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:19 am

Ooookaaaay. Somebody definitely has too much time on their hands and an evil sense of humor. :roll:
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:15 am

Okay that Bones Messed me up! Okay fine the woman blew her shot at a romance, but Booth ABANDONED her. He broke every promise he ever made in their non-romantic relationship! He proved everything she ever said about love being transient, ephemeral, and biologically motivated!!!! He deserves that Mary-Sue whore!

All you out there that wanted Trip to at least have the guts to chase another girl... YOU DON'T! The angst is ten time worse than anything you can imagine!

But what really really pisses me off is that Booth broke his vows of friendship. This was not simple romantic rejection, that I could handle. This is him destroying their platonic bond. GOD! I need Burn Notice to cheer me up. Kotik I'm starting to understand your angst thing. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Navigator
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Navigator » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:06 am

aadarshinah wrote:You just have to read this.

That is hilarious. Whoever did that could not have picked a better group to harass. The mail in your gold people are right down there with the pay day lenders in taking advantage of people.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:04 pm

In the 90's I wrote a letter to the Dirt Devil people asking why my new vacuum cleaner didn't come with the little plastic guy who gets sucked up and zooms around in the "Power You Can See™" canister on the commercial. They apologized and sent one to me!!!!!!! (true story) :guffaw: (Best part: I didn't actually own a Dirt Devil. I was 18.) :guffaw: :guffaw:

"The squeaky wheel..."
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:34 am

We got our first suicide bomber in Sweden. Thankfully no one (except the bomber) was killed.

Explosions kill 1, injure 2 in central Stockholm

Alas, this was bound to happen sooner than later.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:44 am

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:We got our first suicide bomber in Sweden. Thankfully no one (except the bomber) was killed.

Explosions kill 1, injure 2 in central Stockholm

Alas, this was bound to happen sooner than later.

This looks like Olof Palme all over again :? Hope you guys'll be ok KTR.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:12 am

And I'll be going to Stockholm on Tuesday. It appears one of the explosions took place right by my favourite used book store there... :?

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:16 am

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:And I'll be going to Stockholm on Tuesday. It appears one of the explosions took place right by my favourite used book store there... :?

KTR, I know there's no way to be 100% sure, just try to be careful, ok?

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:26 am

For what it's worth, our security agency hasn't risen the threat level. On the other hand, they rose it a month ago.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:18 am

Okay I'm watching this silly TV movie, and the woman says "We do not date grown men who still talk about Star Wars" my automatic response I DO! So yeah probably I sound really stupid. But it is a funny movie.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Return to “General Chat”