Randomness

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: Randomness

Postby Asso » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:28 pm

Very happy to know this too (and, Cap'n Frances, really saddened in hearing about what happened to you. I hope you heal quickly and well).

As for me... well my friends, honestly I wasn't been to twiddle my thumbs.
Here you can find, if you wish, the last chapter of "The Empire's Destiny"
Memories
The last in order of time.

But also "In the Hall of the Mountain King" went a little forward. :D
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:05 pm

Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Lt. Zoe Jebkanto
Ensign
Ensign

Postby Lt. Zoe Jebkanto » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:55 am

Hello, Asso! I haven't visited the forum in quite a while. Wasn't sure it was still in operation as no new stories have posted in such a long while. But curiosity awoke and said "check it out" and I was so happy to find your posting! That is an exquisite piece of artwork with your posting! I just re-read your "Christmas Eve" with great pleasure! Also... If Cap'n Frances is also reading, I don't know what has happened, but wishing you all the best- I have enjoyed your writings here!
Also :porthos: "Kanto"- my wonderful yellow lab who gave me the final part of Zoe Jeb... would have celebrated 19 years of age tod. But he made it to almost 16- a rare fete and one to be celbrated, not moured! So, happy birthday, Awesome Dude! Grins to all! Z

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:51 pm

Lt. Zoe Jebkanto wrote:Hello, Asso! I haven't visited the forum in quite a while. Wasn't sure it was still in operation as no new stories have posted in such a long while. But curiosity awoke and said "check it out" and I was so happy to find your posting! That is an exquisite piece of artwork with your posting! I just re-read your "Christmas Eve" with great pleasure! Also... If Cap'n Frances is also reading, I don't know what has happened, but wishing you all the best- I have enjoyed your writings here!
Also :porthos: "Kanto"- my wonderful yellow lab who gave me the final part of Zoe Jeb... would have celebrated 19 years of age tod. But he made it to almost 16- a rare fete and one to be celbrated, not moured! So, happy birthday, Awesome Dude! Grins to all! Z

Hello to you, Lt. Zoe Jebkanto! Glad to hear you! :)
And thank you for your praises. :D
Actually it seems that in recent times some of the members of this site (including me) have had health problems.
Bad thing, this. In itself and for itself, but - let me say - even for the difficulty that this entails in focusing on writing.
But - I am convinced - things will get better, indeed, they are already improving.
And - I hope not to appear schmaltzy or inappropriate - let me join to you in your special celebration. :patpat:

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:09 pm

Can you believe it? I just updated my website!
Another chapter - the ninth - of "The Empire's Destiny" is published there!
And, if I may say, the images that adorn it are not bad at all!

http://plomeeksoupandpecanpie.weebly.com

Eireann
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Eireann » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:49 pm

Hi all!

I don't know if many of you are aware of this, but I've been working on a non-sci-fi novel - inspired, it must be said, by an idea that was first generated here on Triaxian Silk, without which it would never have come into existence! Now it's finished, there comes the horrible business of trying to find a publisher (I've already collected a few rejections, no doubt the first of many!) but if by any chance anyone's interested in a sneak peek, the first half of it is now available to read at the following link:

https://www.authonomy.com/book/293531/

Authonomy, incidentally, is an authors' community site sponsored by HarperCollins publishers, and I've posted it on there in hopes of getting comments and suggestions from fellow writers for polishing it up. Now I'm sitting here with my eyes squeezed shut, dreading what's going to be said about it...

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:12 am

Nonsense, I'm sure people will love it, if they can get past the registration (I'm still waiting for an email -- it's slow through my web site).

I tweeted it! (It probably won't do you any good, but you never know.)

Do you have twitter, FB, etc?
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Cap'n Frances
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Cap'n Frances » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:13 am

Eireann, I'm sure you'll get lots of positive feedback. I'm also waiting for an e-mail from Authonomy. When Iteied to register, I got a confirmation e-mail in less than a minute. Unfortunately when I used the link in the e-mail to validate the address, it told me that I would be getting a confirmation e-mail. I tried to log in anyway but no luck so far.

Cap'n Frances
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Cap'n Frances » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:23 am

When I broke my leg, I thought I would at least get a lot of writing done while my mobility was limited. Sadly, that hasn't been the case. A big part of the problem was that I couldn't comfortably sit at my computer (no way to elevate my foot). I don't like to do a lot of writing with pencil and paper because I hate typing that into a word processing file. I've been using my iPad for web surfing and e-mail but it's hard to write anything longer than that on the virtual keyboard.

We finally came up with a partial solution to the computer problem. It's not super-comfortable but I can sit there for an hour or so. I started revising a story that I wrote a few months ago. I wrote about 800 words this evening. It still needs a lot of work, but I finally feel like I'm making some progress.

Lt. Zoe Jebkanto
Ensign
Ensign

Postby Lt. Zoe Jebkanto » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:56 am

Eireann-
CONGRATULATiONS! :hatsoff: This is way exciting! :hatsoff: Sometimes I think it'd be easier facing a shipload of irritable Klingons than getting a story- especially a venture as all-encompassing as a novel- out there facing the perils of the publishers- I commend you!!!! You have boldly gonw where no I has gone before! If what I have read of your work here and on AO3 is representative, we'll be able to say we knew you when. I am looking forward to making a cup of... something... and registering on that website. Absolutely fantastic! Z.
:hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

Eireann
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Eireann » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:03 pm

I've had a fair amount of 'tough love' already, but I'm sure it's ultimately aimed at making my book more attractive to a publisher, so I'm taking heed of what they say. I may not DO what they say, but I read and consider!

I'm slightly surprised that you have to register to read it, though. However, thank you very much to those who are trying, and I will be really grateful to hear what you have to say about it - good and bad!

Wish me luck - I have a feeling this is going to be quite a rough ride!

Cap'n Frances
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Cap'n Frances » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:44 am

Eirann,

I haven't been able to read any of your new book yet, but based on your writing that I have read, I'm expecting it to be excellent. There may be some things that would make it more commercially successful. I hope you'll get some good suggestions for that.

I was just looking at the Authonomy forums to try to find a solution to my problem. I used my iPad to register. According to people posting in the forum, the online reader doesn't work on the iPad. Unfortunately they also seem to have some weird glitch in their registration process. I can log in on the iPad but I can't read. On my Mac, I can't even log in. I've e-mailed their tech support. Hopefully they will have an answer for me soon.

Good luck with the whole process!

Eireann
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Eireann » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:35 am

I've amended my profile to allow the book to be downloaded if that would work? It's really strange that the site mechanics don't work with anything as popular as an iPad!

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:47 pm

I haven't managed to complete the sign up process yet either, but just from the synopsis I get the impression that the story is going to be short on phase pistols and ablative body armour. I feel sure that Malcolm Reed would approve if you added them! :p

Eireann
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Eireann » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:20 pm

Hmm... it might take a bit more elasticity than the plot allows to include phase pistols and body armour, but I can assure you that there is definitely a sentence you in particular will recognise! :D

Return to “General Chat”