New members, introduce yourselves here!

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Re: New members, introduce yourselves here!

Postby Alelou » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:59 am

Sounds like an adventure that has ended well ... welcome back. (Though I wasn't here for your first era, I think.)
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:44 pm

Thanks all. Great to be back.
Writing as TrekPyro.

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:19 pm

Hello CoffeeCat! :hatsoff:

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:24 pm

Nice to see a dear old friend homecoming.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:47 pm

I sit corrected re:sadness. Look forward to your work
RIP Tom, I will miss you, as will many others

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:23 pm

Yah. Maybe someday I'll write some enterprise. I usually just read it tho
Writing as TrekPyro.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:59 am

:wave: Believe it or not, I was just contemplating starting a thread to ask if anyone had heard from you lately. Took something of a break from this place myself for a while, but made my way back again. Not terribly active, though. :?

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:09 pm

Nice to see you again, CX.
Writing as TrekPyro.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:53 pm

CoffeeCat, glad to see you back. :clap: And I would love to see a new story from you! :thumbsup: It really hasn't been four years has it? But you seem to have packed a lot of living and changes into those years. You definitely have a lot of experience to draw upon for your writing.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:35 am

I'm happy to see all of you! I keep telling Ellie I'm gonna write something, and then I go and play diablo 3 :doubt:

She's gotten me into a new series called Supernatural that I'm totally obsessed with, but it hasn't changed that I want to finish a few loose ends around here. I find that new fandoms actually get me thinking about new ways to write TnT/Enterprise stories, new subjects, new areas to explore...

We almost got to visit Telluride! I really really REALLY wanted to go but we ran out of time! We took a road trip to up to Durango and had an amazing time :trip: :tpol:
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:05 pm

Hi Linda. Hi Elessar. Good to be back. I'll probably be more active here once I go through the Enterprise series again.

Linda, I have been working on fan fiction, just not in the Enterprise fandom. It's some Voyager stuff that involves an idea that I borrowed (with permission) from an Enterprise fan fic writer. Some people here might find it interesting. It involves Vulcan sexual politics, so you can see, Enterprise fan fic does inspire me a lot when I write. (I just can't wait to get to the sequel cause I found a way to get the Grand Nagus from DS9 involved :))
Writing as TrekPyro.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:36 pm

CoffeeCat, that sounds intriguing, taking ideas from several Star Trek series. I have only been posting fan fiction sporadically, when an idea really takes hold. And I have drifted off to write for one other series (don't laugh) but it is The Adventures of Sir Lancelot from 1956. And yes, I saw it in the 1950's, kinda imprinted on it as an eight-year-old. So I wrote six stories for it on Fanfiction.net under nom de plume of "Bineshii" and probably that has run its course with me. I did do one Adventures of Sir Lancelot/Star Trek:Enterprise cross-over story. Strange, but the concept seemed to work for a very small group of readers.

Did you ever do anything with your idea of a romance between Piper and Sarda from Diane Carey's books?
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:48 pm

I'm not sure I've ever seen the Adventures of Sir Lancelot, but it sounds interesting. From what I understand, traditionally, Lancelot stems from the Ares character archetype. I wish I knew the series so I could pop in and read it :) I'm going to look it up, so give me some time.

And yeah, I discovered that crossovers generally have a tendency to reach only a small audience, unfortunately. It's too bad, since every now and then there is someone who can actually pull off writing a good, entertaining crossover story. It doesn't matter anyway, as long as you're having fun writing what you're writing. I tend to write to just amuse myself.

Anyhow...

OMG. I forgot about that. I would love to write that Piper/Sarda story... Sigh... so much fanfic to write, so little time. I need to read those books again so I can come up with a plot that fits the needs of the characters.

I have a whole list of stories I want to write already and it seems that every time I write a new chapter, a new idea pops into my brain. It's like when I'm watching an episode of something and then I wonder how it would work if the idea were translated into a different series with different characters.

The Purge was the result of combining ideas from all over the place and it turned out to be a very unique Pon Farr story where the hero actually volunteers to go through it (and pisses off his wife in the process).

The sequel is.... Well, let's put it this way: wherever there is prostitution, there are pimps; wherever there are rich Pon Farring Vulcans, indecent proposals are made; and wherever there is an untapped market, the Grand Nagus shows up...
Last edited by CoffeeCat on Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Writing as TrekPyro.

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:37 pm

Hey Elessar,
Hope you waved at my many relatives in Durango. My mom (RIP) graduated Durango High class of 1924.
RIP Tom, I will miss you, as will many others

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:23 pm

Linda, I just downloaded Dreadnought onto my kindle. You might get your fic by next year. I'm sure I can pull it off. I'm already on the 3rd page and the evil*plot*bunny is already whispering things about Piper to me. So far, I can tell she falls into the Athena archetype, just like Captain Janeway.
Writing as TrekPyro.

Return to “General Chat”