New members, introduce yourselves here!

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: New members, introduce yourselves here!

Postby Reanok » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:33 pm

Hello Anna I remember your posts over at Trek BBS. Nice to see you posting here at Triaxaian Silk. :trip: :tpol: :happyjump:

Anna Yolei
Cadet
Cadet

Postby Anna Yolei » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:50 am

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:
Anna Yolei wrote:Hello, folks! Some of you may remember me from the waaaaaaayback days of Trek BBS, but a recent visit there and discussion about message boards in general losing posters to FB kinda got me on a lookout to find the familiar faces of yore, including Kevin Thomas Riley and his love of all things T'Pol ( and her bum! :) :D ) I wasn't initially a T/T fan, but I warmed up to it on a second viewing online.

Glad to see a few familiar names here!

Hi there! I do remember you from TrekBBS, Anna Yolei. :hatsoff: I must admit to being one of those that seldom posts on message boards nowadays.

But of course I'm still loving all things T'Pol and her awfully nice T'Bum! :drool:

Lol, glad to see you still alive and well. As it happens, I'm now a part owner of Wordforge these days, and I still post at message boards because I don't post all my opinions on FB for everyone to read and get into fights with people I actually know :lol:

But yeah, lotta things happened since the TBBS days...I left college because I couldn't afford it, joined the Navy six years ago when it was apparent I'd never get outta the Podunk town I lived, and got stationed in Japan for three years, then San Diego for two, which is where I live now and work selling cars (although not for much longer for a whole host of reasons I won't get into here).

Speaking of long lost posters, anyone know what happened to Persianmouse? I invited her to WF back in 06 and she posted there for six months before disappearing off the web entirely. She was hilarious, and I was trying to track down a copy of her Steps to *the_abomination* bit she wrote out because the one she had there disappeared along with most other posts prior to 2006 :(

Anna Yolei
Cadet
Cadet

Postby Anna Yolei » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:52 am

Also wow, the board auto corrects the acronym for the finale to The Abomination. That's hilarious! :clap:

Cap'n Frances
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Cap'n Frances » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:46 am

Welcome, Anna Yolei. It's great to see new/old people here.

73Bruin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby 73Bruin » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:23 pm

Anna: I didn't know about that "correction". I have no clue who set that up. Its fitting though.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:14 pm

Anna Yolei wrote:Also wow, the board auto corrects the acronym for the finale to The Abomination. That's hilarious! :clap:

I know! :guffaw:

I don't know what happened to persianmouse. Man, it brings back memories of posters of yore. Those were fun times when ENT was airing, despite the shipper wars...
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

dialee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby dialee » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:17 pm

Hi Anna Yolei,

I remember your tagname from the BBS although you won't know mine since I never joined. It was definitely too rough for my tastes in the shipper wars. I do remember persianmouse's take on The Abomination and enjoyed it very much. No, I don't have a copy of it but if you would enjoy reading some more of her posts, it can be found at the House of Tucker under Miscellany. She has reviews/rants of some of the other episodes.

Also for Kevin Thomas Riley, my condolences. I just read the other day that the actor who portrayed your character from the original recently passed.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:21 am

dialee wrote:Also for Kevin Thomas Riley, my condolences. I just read the other day that the actor who portrayed your character from the original recently passed.

Nooo, I didn't know that! :( RIP, Bruce Hyde! I'll sing "Kathleen" for you, one more time!
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Return to “General Chat”