Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: Something Typical

Postby Aikiweezie » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:01 pm

Alelou wrote:What is it with G-20 meetings and violent protesters? I get the feeling they're like a whole subculture that just travels the world enjoying their outrage and their protests the way Trekkies go to Star Trek conventions to meet up with each other and drool over stars...

Meanwhile, most of us in the US would probably just look vague and say, "G-20? Ugh... what's that, again?"

(Like people who aren't Trekkies or SGA fans would go, "Connor Trinneer? Who's that?")

Yes, I believe there are just that, groups who meet up at the G-8 to protest. But I think we Trekkies are more fun. :happyjump: We don't loot. Or burn people in effigy, although maybe would burn a Borg or something, or a Romulan.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:34 pm

Alelou wrote:My son was very interested to see these, but then added, "What, no Enzo?"

Here's Enzo. :D

Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:49 pm

He meant the car they named after him, but I'll show him!!
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:56 pm

This one? :D

Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:33 pm

Aikiweezie wrote:Yes, I believe there are just that, groups who meet up at the G-8 to protest. But I think we Trekkies are more fun. :happyjump: We don't loot. Or burn people in effigy, although maybe would burn a Borg or something, or a Romulan.

Or effigies of Berman and Braga. Or copies of *the_abomination*.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:48 pm

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:
Aikiweezie wrote:Yes, I believe there are just that, groups who meet up at the G-8 to protest. But I think we Trekkies are more fun. :happyjump: We don't loot. Or burn people in effigy, although maybe would burn a Borg or something, or a Romulan.

:lol: YES! YES! YES!!!!!!!! :happyjump:
I would do that! :guffaw:

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:16 am

Alelou wrote:ABC News made Pittsburgh look like the promised land last night. You should watch the clip if you haven't seen it.

:D :D :D Really? Great. I was so worried about the crappy weather. The temperature was great but GREY. Seventy-five degrees and white clouds blanketing the sky and a misting rain. But whatever they said, it's true! ;)

Alelou wrote:What is it with G-20 meetings and violent protesters? I get the feeling they're like a whole subculture that just travels the world enjoying their outrage and their protests the way Trekkies go to Star Trek conventions to meet up with each other and drool over stars...
[/quote]

Yes, my husband is a reporter and mentioned that--that alot of these people seem to be like full-time protesters, or at least they travel from place to place and are having a great time. *heavy sigh*

OK, I just went to search for that clip, but I don't know how to find it. Do I click on local news, national news, international news? LOL :P
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:24 am

Ohhh... Ferrari... :drool: :drool: Nice pics, Asso.

justTripn wrote:

Yes, my husband is a reporter and mentioned that--that alot of these people seem to be like full-time protesters, or at least they travel from place to place and are having a great time. *heavy sigh*

In part that's true and in part that's because the G-20 is in US. It's easier to find radicals in the neighborhood in, say, Spain :roll: Not that I've been in any demonstration like that. Me? Never *Escriba goes away whistling*
Last edited by Escriba on Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"
"Yes, miss. Lawyers, miss."

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:46 pm

Aikiweezie wrote:
Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:

:lol: YES! YES! YES!!!!!!!! :happyjump:
I would do that! :guffaw:

May I join you? :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Navigator
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Navigator » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:47 am

Silverbullet wrote:Navigator. 160 KPH? that is 100 MPH. sort of going slow for the Autorbahn weren't you?
II remember the 11 years I spent in Germany, one thing I know, if you ar in the inside lane your car had beter be able to do over 100MPH or there will be trouble. they don't have accidents they have disasters. Car coming behind, Blinks lights, honks hort, goes for brakes. Between horn and brakes into car ahead.

Yeah, we were. It was a SEAT (Spanish version of a Fiat) rental and it ran out of guts at about 150. I spent a lot of the time in the right hand lane. Me and the Lastkraftwagen. Bad when you get passed by a VW. I was really wishing for a Vette. :D

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:57 am

Me I'd want a 1967 Shelby GT 500. With some nitrous oxide for a good Kick! Ah a girl can dream right.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:14 am

You've obviously never been to a con in Detroit! :lol:
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:33 pm

Navigator, all I had was a VW but it did go 160. My wife has a lead foot and like any good German says the gas pedal goes to the floor and that is hwere she puts it. I actually could sleep in the passenger seat while she was driving. Better than being under the dash praying.
Me, I would have given anything for a beamer
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:53 pm

Silverbullet wrote:Navigator, all I had was a VW but it did go 160. My wife has a lead foot and like any good German says the gas pedal goes to the floor and that is hwere she puts it. I actually could sleep in the passenger seat while she was driving. Better than being under the dash praying.

I find it amusing that in movies (and presumably in real life) that overseas all these service vehicles like taxis and dump trucks are Mercedes and BMW's :lol:
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Navigator
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Navigator » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:54 am

I find it amusing that in movies (and presumably in real life) that overseas all these service vehicles like taxis and dump trucks are Mercedes and BMW's :lol:

Elessar, that is interesting. The ones I've been in have been really plain compared to the ones you se in private ownership. For a while the Moscow Police had BMWs too. May still have.

Navigator, all I had was a VW but it did go 160. My wife has a lead foot and like any good German says the gas pedal goes to the floor and that is hwere she puts it. I actually could sleep in the passenger seat while she was driving. Better than being under the dash praying.

Silverbullet, so would I, so would I.

Me I'd want a 1967 Shelby GT 500. With some nitrous oxide for a good Kick! Ah a girl can dream right.

Yee hah!, there Warpgirl. Heckuva choice - you got good taste! They had not made it yet, but I really would like one of the GT-40 re-issues with the 5.4 Liter supercharged. That would be gorgeous on the Bahn.

Return to “General Chat”