Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Your other fandoms & 'ships?

Postby CoffeeCat » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:35 pm

Might already be a thread on this here but I'm too lazy to search for it. I thought bc ppl are actually posting here again, maybe we could get to kniw each other a little better.

So, are there any other Doctor Who fans out there? Farscape? Buffy &/or Angel?

What are your other fandoms and favorite 'ships?
Writing as TrekPyro.

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Your other fandoms & 'ships?

Postby panyasan » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:57 pm

I am a doctor Who fan - hubs introduced me to it and we watch it together. Same as Star Trek, that was a show he did like and he introduced me to it as well.

My daughter even had one of her school speeches about doctor Who. (She got an A!). For the companions I like Carla and Amy Pond (and mister Pond 8) ). Fav Doctors: number 10 and 11.

I also sort of a fan of Second Chance, has any one heard of that show? It only had one season, but I like the idea behind it.

And another guilty pleasure of me is Guardians of the Galaxy, especially the first movie. My kids love baby Groot....
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:31 pm

I can't decide which Doctor I like most. Every time he regenerated, I'm like, noooooooo!
So I guess that means I love them all. I ship nine/rose and ten/rose. My favorite companions are Captain Jack, Amy & River.

My other 'ships from other fandoms are:

Angel/Cordelia => Angel
Crighton/Aeryn => Farscape (This one is my favorite next to TnT, I'm not sure which one I like better)
Paris/Torres =Voyager

panyasan wrote:And another guilty pleasure of me is Guardians of the Galaxy, especially the first movie. My kids love baby Groot....

I queued this in my Netflix bc someone told me it was kinda like Farscape. Haven't seen it yet, tho. Looking forward to it.
Writing as TrekPyro.

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:37 am

I must confess I don't have Netflix and I only saw the movies of Guardians of the Galaxy. Is there a show as well?

As for Doctor Who: yes Rose is great. I liked the story line. I am curious what you thought of Donna. She was annoying, but yet, in the end you had to smile at her. She was a refreshing different companion, but only for a couple of seasons. Then you grow tired of her.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:34 pm

panyasan wrote:I must confess I don't have Netflix and I only saw the movies of Guardians of the Galaxy. Is there a show as well?

Not that I'm aware. But I think if you love Guardians and love TnT, you'd probably enjoy Farscape.

panyasan wrote:As for Doctor Who: yes Rose is great. I liked the story line. I am curious what you thought of Donna. She was annoying, but yet, in the end you had to smile at her. She was a refreshing different companion, but only for a couple of seasons. Then you grow tired of her.

I actually loved Donna. So much sass. I loved that she wasn't in love with the Doctor, but was more like a sister. My favorite Donna episode is when they met Agatha Christie and solves the mystery of the giant bees.
Writing as TrekPyro.

Transwarp
Captain
Captain

Postby Transwarp » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:17 pm

I liked farscape as well, but it's been a while since I've seen it. Didn't Aeryn and Crichton end up together? I don't recall.

I also liked Andromeda, and was always rooting for the captain (Hunt) and his ship (Andromeda Ascendant). And wouldn't a relationship with a real ship make for a true 'ship? But alas, Andromeda was always a warship at heart, so it was not to be.
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:15 pm

Transwarp wrote:I liked farscape as well, but it's been a while since I've seen it. Didn't Aeryn and Crichton end up together? I don't recall.

They did! & also had a son.
Writing as TrekPyro.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:58 am

I'm mostly just an anime nerd now, and don't really have any 'ships anymore.

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:47 pm

CX wrote:I'm mostly just an anime nerd now, and don't really have any 'ships anymore.

Well I actually don't really 'ship a lot on my list anymore... They're more like 'ships-in-stasis. :D
Writing as TrekPyro.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:46 am

Well, I have collected all Trek, all Stargate, Bablyon 5, Battlestar Galactica (old and new), Firefly, Farscape, Buffy, Angel, The X-files and Game of Thrones on Blu-ray or DVD, so that tells you something.

As for ships, well, I kinda stick with just TnT, although I remember rooting for Xander/Cordelia and Paris/Torres back in the day.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:50 am

panyasan wrote:I must confess I don't have Netflix and I only saw the movies of Guardians of the Galaxy. Is there a show as well?

I just saw a commercial for a Guardians of the Galaxy cartoon on the Disney channel.
Writing as TrekPyro.

dialee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby dialee » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:56 am

I don't really watch enough tv or movies to actually follow fandoms and 'ships. In fact, it was the reverse for why I actually started to read Edward and Bella of Twilight. At that time, Trip/T'Pol fanfiction was drying up drastically, I was going through withdrawal so I decided to see what the fuss was about. I was fortunate to find a couple of really good Edward/Bella stories. That made me interested enough to watch the movies. It was good relaxation but the books, not so much.

Return to “General Chat”