Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: The Happy News thread

Postby JadziaKathryn » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:44 pm

Ooh, a Trek-themed skating program would be fun to watch! I've always really liked the theme to DS9, too. (Actually, I have the single, from back when CD singles were sold.) Do tell us if you do that - preferably with pictures. :D

Emberchyld
Commander
Commander

Postby Emberchyld » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:52 pm

JadziaKathryn wrote:Ooh, a Trek-themed skating program would be fun to watch! I've always really liked the theme to DS9, too. (Actually, I have the single, from back when CD singles were sold.) Do tell us if you do that - preferably with pictures. :D

When I do it :D , it'll be next year. I don't totally suck, but I think I suck too much to do the music justice. That is one of the prettiest theme songs ever (and I'd pair it with an "artistic interpretive" to the Enterprise theme... but I dunno if the judges would "get" the Enterprise jumpsuits :lol: "Deduction for inappropriate costume. We do not see how this relates to the music").
I remember when my high school wind ensemble did a Sci-fi medley, mostly made up Trek. I soooooooooo soooooooo envied the French Horns and their ability to play the DS9 theme.

Uhm... happy news... Enterprise is on tonight (okay, this happens every week, but isn't it always a reason to rejoice?)
"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different."
--Coco Chanel

Emberchyld's Livejournal: 45% dance, 45% skating, 5% Trying to convince others to watch Enterprise 5% everything else. You've been warned

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:50 pm

Well, today is my wedding anniversary, but considering the date, I have to try really hard to be upbeat. Well, I can laugh about my ability to pick wedding dates, right? I guess it shows I have very little precog ability. I nice dinner out with my husband is in order, though.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Navigator
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Navigator » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:23 pm

Well, today is my wedding anniversary, but considering the date, I have to try really hard to be upbeat. Well, I can laugh about my ability to pick wedding dates, right? I guess it shows I have very little precog ability. I nice dinner out with my husband is in order, though.

Hey, you're not alone. My parents anniversary was December 7. Seriously, congratulations and happy Anniversary.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:39 pm

Linda wrote:Well, today is my wedding anniversary, but considering the date, I have to try really hard to be upbeat. Well, I can laugh about my ability to pick wedding dates, right? I guess it shows I have very little precog ability. I nice dinner out with my husband is in order, though.

My wedding anniversary comes in a few days, Saturday 15, and I would like to share my delight with yours!
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:36 pm

Thanks, Asso. Happy anniversary!
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:02 pm

I had one of my vaccine shots on THE morning of. Actually there're a lot of weird things that happened that morning that were, well, unexplained. How's that for precognition?

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:21 pm

I got 117% on my first Russian I test :lol:

It was out of 56 points and 5 bonus points on the back... and then apparently she gave 5 bonus points if you did the dictation perfectly, so I got 66/56 :lol: (I laugh b/c this is the first 100 or over test I've had in college since freshman year... not counting Philosophy of Politics -- I got a 100 on the "Democracy" test in that)
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Entilzha
Captain
Captain

Postby Entilzha » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:24 pm

What are you learning in Russian at the moment?
You live for The One, you die for The One.

Chris
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Chris » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:28 pm

Unless something has changed Star Trek Foundations returns this Friday. :D

Emberchyld
Commander
Commander

Postby Emberchyld » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:05 am

Elessar wrote:I got 117% on my first Russian I test :lol:

Yay, Elessar... I think you're the only person I know who could pull something like that off!

And happy anniversaries Linda and Asso! Regardless about what happened on this date in history, the important thing is to enjoy and celebrate the wonderful things in our lives!
"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different."
--Coco Chanel

Emberchyld's Livejournal: 45% dance, 45% skating, 5% Trying to convince others to watch Enterprise 5% everything else. You've been warned

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:16 am

Heh my parents' anniversary is today too :? :? :? :? :? though I still can't figure out why in all hells they're still married. Like they totally hate each other :? :? :? :?
ImageImage

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:28 am

Happy anniversaries guys!!

regarding Russian, we just learned our first two verbs, "говорить" and "читать" ("to speak" and "to read") :D Tomorrow we're rehearing the conjugations for I, you, he, she, it, we, they, all those.

The exam was over the alphabet, basic vocabulary, names, prepositional phrases with "в" and "на
" (in and on), stuff like how the vowels are connected ('а' и 'я') and how the consonants are connected like how the 'д' at the end of волгоград (Volgograd) sounds like 'т'. LIKE HOW I USED MY RUSSIAN THERE?! :D

We're moving onto more advanced vocabularly, the other language cases, and I think eventually, past, present and future tenses. I can't say how much I love Russian for having THREE verb tenses. THREE!!! Spanish has 20 something.

Ember, how many does Portuguese have?
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:09 am

That's what makes Asian languages easy--well, Thai, Chinese, and Hmong at least. You don't have to congugate verbs AT ALL! To say "I went to the store" you say "I go to the story--already." JUst paste an "already" at the end of your sentence to make the past tense! :)
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Entilzha
Captain
Captain

Postby Entilzha » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:32 am

My own native language Estonian is to my knowledge a hard language to learn for a foreigner.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estonian_language In school I had better grades in English then Estonian. :)
You live for The One, you die for The One.

Return to “General Chat”