evcake
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: The Happy News thread

Postby evcake » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:31 pm

Sounds like she's REALLY good cook. :D
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Chris
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Chris » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:12 am

I went to a Rett Syndrome strollathon today and they made almost $43,000 for research. :D

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:13 am

:lol: :lol:

You sound like my youngest BnB. Bacon and eggs with biscuits is her favorite meal.

Ummm... need I mention that she's also my most pleasingly plump youngster? 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:16 am

Eww bacon. :? :upchuck:
ImageImage

Mitchell
Commander
Commander

Postby Mitchell » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:22 am

TPoptarts wrote:Eww bacon. :? :upchuck:

:? Girl, Sometimes I wonder bout you. :?
:? How can Ya not like Bacon?! :lol:

Bacon is my 3rd fav form of Meat. :drool:
8) After Steak, an Scrapple. :drool:
TnT I love em. Very Happy

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:30 am

I can't stand eating pigs :? :? :? like eww they're so salty and greasy and nasty. I don't know it's just like totally yuck :? :? :? :? well all the meat I eat is like chicken, sometimes turkey and very rarely beef. That's pretty much it :? :? :? and I don't really like the texture of mammals that's why I rarely even eat beef. :? :roll: Yeah y'all feel free to laugh at me. :? :? :?
ImageImage

Mitchell
Commander
Commander

Postby Mitchell » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:40 am

:? Never had "Shake n Bake" pork chops I see. :? The Way my Mom over baked those things, they wernt either Salty, or greasy. But more Bone dry. :? Sort of a rush job on Pork Jerky. :lol:

The critter I have the hardest time eating, is chicken. Mainly cause once you see what a Free Range chicken is willing to eat,,, You'd Really think twice bout ever eatin one. :? Just as well Might try eatin a Turkey buzzard.

8) Turkey is better IMO. A much more Civilized bird in its eating habits. :D
TnT I love em. Very Happy

TSara
Captain
Captain

Postby TSara » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:15 am

Glad to hear the food was good BlackandBlue!

Anyways....last night was fun.

The Hangover after words?

Not so much.

:?
"It can giggle all it wants, but the galaxy isn't gettin' any of our bourbon." -Trip to Malcolm Shuttlepod One

Archer: You missed T'Pol's latest bout with chopsticks.
Trip: Damn, dinner and a show.- Silent Enemy

http://www.myspace.com/hylndlas

http://tsara80.livejournal.com/

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:50 pm

BnB, glad to hear you got such enjoyment out of that food! It makes my mouth water to think about that meal - breakfast is my favorite meal. Its the small things in life that make it worth living. But those small things are really big things if you have been deprived of them for awhile, right?

T'Poptarts, when I told my father that I didn't like the taste of beer, he said "I feel sorry for you". When my daughter said she didn't like lobster I said "they must have switched the babies at the hospital and given my real daughter away". Followed by "just kidding and Dad's phrase "I feel sorry for you". So don't let our teasing get to you. Food is a very subjective thing!
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:27 pm

It is strange. Neither of my kids like buttermilk (took after their mother) but they both love yogurt.

I mean :dunno:

They taste about the same to me. Only difference, yogurt is slimy and buttermilk is fluid. Odd.
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:41 pm

But yogurt is usually sweetened and buttermilk isn't. I love sweetened yogurt, but I can't stand either unsweetened yogurt or buttermilk. Ewww.
Image sig by chrisis1033

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:45 pm

Mitchell wrote:The critter I have the hardest time eating, is chicken. Mainly cause once you see what a Free Range chicken is willing to eat,,, You'd Really think twice bout ever eatin one. :? Just as well Might try eatin a Turkey buzzard.
Ah, the advantages of buying one's meat boneless, skinless, and wrapped in plastic! ;) Seriously though, my grandmother has a couple of chickens just because she likes to see them around the lawn, and I still like chicken. Course I could never eat hers. Once I've seen it alive you might as well forget about me eating it.

Mitchell wrote: 8) Turkey is better IMO. A much more Civilized bird in its eating habits. :D
Just for you, I present Ben Franklin's thoughts on turkeys (as opposed to bald eagles):
"For the Truth the Turkey is in Comparison a much more respectable Bird, and withal a true original Native of America . . . He is besides, though a little vain & silly, a Bird of Courage, and would not hesitate to attack a Grenadier of the British Guards who should presume to invade his Farm Yard with a red Coat on."
Yes, people, I can even tie history into discussing food and birds! :D FYI, the weird capital letters are just the old English, and not mine.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:12 am

Happy news. The Schenley high school soccer team played our archrivals (Alderdice) to a tie in double overtime :D. Why is this good news? Because in regular season games Schenely hasn't tied or beaten this team in 5 YEARS!

The score was one to one, and my little Paris had the assist (passed to the guy who scored) after shaking three of the best players on the other team. We're happy today!!! Life is good!!!
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:58 am

Distracted wrote:But yogurt is usually sweetened and buttermilk isn't. I love sweetened yogurt, but I can't stand either unsweetened yogurt or buttermilk. Ewww.

I like yogurt but only like with tons and tons of fruits in it. Yeah even though I'm lactose intolerant :? :? :? :? because the fruits hide the taste and smell of dairy. But if it's like plain yogurt like without fruits in it sweetened or unsweetened I can't even get anywhere near it. Smells too much like milk and makes me like totally nauseous. :? :upchuck:
ImageImage

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:09 am

justTripn wrote:Happy news. The Schenley high school soccer team played our archrivals (Alderdice) to a tie in double overtime :D. Why is this good news? Because in regular season games Schenely hasn't tied or beaten this team in 5 YEARS!

The score was one to one, and my little Paris had the assist (passed to the guy who scored) after shaking three of the best players on the other team. We're happy today!!! Life is good!!!

Congrats!

:happyjump:
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

Return to “General Chat”