The Happy News thread

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: The Happy News thread

Postby Distracted » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:35 am

It's amazing to me how many people in the world place such trust in a disposable latex device with a 10% failure rate. :?

I'm glad you and your liver had a good time, Kotik.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:43 am

It's 90% safer than without, isn't it ?

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:54 am

Yep. But I can't go on with this discussion and keep it kid appropriate. Suffice it to say that there is a whole list of things you can catch even if the device doesn't fail. Of course, what you're doing with the alcohol has the potential to kill you faster than any of them, so I suppose it's a moot point. If you'd like to know the juicy details, feel free to pm me. I worry about you, Kotik. :patpat:
Image sig by chrisis1033

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:01 pm

I think thou dost worry too much, Dis :patpat:

I know that alcohol isn't exactly a health serum, but I don't waste myself everyday ;) Actually days like yesterday happen two ot three times a year at max. And about the other thing - I didn't take an unwashed clubfooted witch that I found in a ditch to my room. I actually know the Lady ;)

It's the second time this week that I got wasted out of my wits, but that's the point. I rarely have more than one vacation a year, so I let my non-existant hair down :mrgreen: I can't afford to get wasted for the rest of the year, so on vacation I indulge in a bit of craziness :raspberry:

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:44 pm

Well, all I can say is when you amaze a German bartender with your capacity for alcohol intake, it's not a good thing. ;-)
Image sig by chrisis1033

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:02 pm

Distracted wrote:Well, all I can say is when you amaze a German bartender with your capacity for alcohol intake, it's not a good thing. ;-)

Yes, my tolerance for the nasty stuff is a bit worrying, but as I said, I use that "talent" a helluva lot less than in days gone by ;) On the upside, the good thing is that I'm less likely to do really embarassing stuff. I was wasted, but at least I still had control over basic body functions and didn't vomit in the bath tub or end up in a ditch with pissed pants. You wouldn't believe the things you see when people go drinking, who don't know their limit :neutral:

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:56 pm

My darling wifey made some almond milk. We are both a bit lactose intolerant and have been buying the stuff. The homemade stuff is awesome. She played with the flavors adding some chopped and food processed dates and a vanilla bean. Yield was 1/2 a gallon. gonna cut the vanilla bean in half the next time or go with maple syrup in lieu of the dates. The cool part was after straining the almonds the leftover mush makes great cookies.....
RIP Tom, I will miss you, as will many others

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:43 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap: Strike up the band. Happy days. :clap: :clap: :clap:
:happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump:
The ex-mayor of Detroit was convicted of numerous counts of bribery and racketeering. I was born in the City of Detroit and this is incredible news. In days past someone would get to a juror and it would have been a hung jury. The city is broke and a mess, but perhaps justice has returned.

Oh and for the Kwame-ster and friends sounds like somewhere between 10 and 20 years and the IRS has yet to charge him with tax evasion. :tears:

:happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump:

lfvoy
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Twitter username: lfvoy

Postby lfvoy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:36 am

Kotik wrote:Carnival is great. Wolfi got laid. First sex in the last 8 years. Totally worth it

I'm not going to explain why, but this update made me smile because it reminded me that I'm not abnormal.

*skulks quietly out of room now*
My fan fiction is in The Laundry Room.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:14 pm

Went on a vodka diet last friday. It's working great - I lost 3 days this week :mrgreen:

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:23 pm

Hi Kotik,

Real happy here, gotta do a keg capacity check this evening and make sure its not empty. Sad news is the weather's to weird to fish, good news is the wife and I just keep X-country skiing. Normally we hang 'em up March 1st. Awesome news is the annual 5 day fishing trip is only 12 days away.

><((((º>like he's gonna catch me, ya right

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:36 pm

Weeble wrote:Hi Kotik,

Real happy here, gotta do a keg capacity check this evening and make sure its not empty. Sad news is the weather's to weird to fish, good news is the wife and I just keep X-country skiing. Normally we hang 'em up March 1st. Awesome news is the annual 5 day fishing trip is only 12 days away.

><((((º>like he's gonna catch me, ya right

Have fun mate :)

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:50 pm

:clap: :clap: The annual "Spring Fling" Fishin' Trip begins tomorrow. Not only am I happy but y'all get a whole week off from my snarky-ness. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

><((((º>like he's a threat<º))))><

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:06 pm

Hey, we'll miss your snarkiness.

Happy fishing!

Does this mean I should update my story TONIGHT? Hmm, maybe I will.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:34 am

mean mean Alelou

Return to “General Chat”