The Happy News thread

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Elessar
Site Owner

Re: The Happy News thread

Postby Elessar » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:25 am

Btw, this is definitely NOT happy news, but related to my happy news.

I go outside to return the Serenity DVD to Blockbuster and I pass by my car to get in... then I walk back... and I notice... several... scratches up and down my hood... And I'm thinkin, how...

:duh:

:lol: And it's on the side where I was sitting, so it was my fault. My jeans must've had a little metal thing on em that scratched the paint every time I moved up or down. I laugh because my car is 13 yrs old and I've had it for 8 and probably wrecked it 5 times but, I don't want it to look dumpy so I'll have to get it buffed out or something.

When it's light out tomorrow I just might have to take a picture :lol:
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Postby Alelou » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:52 pm

I do think BnB was referring to your heart in a heart-getting-broken way, not a target-for-a-bullet way, but as you say, we've already said more than enough on the matter. Good luck.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:56 pm

Have you been wearing the same jeans for all that time? :D

Priso and Aureilia and I went out to see some more land today. There were 2 small horses and Aureilia and I went over and fed them some grass. She ran all over the place, and when she got too far away I called to her, "Aureilia! Where are you going?" and she looked back at me quizzically and called back, "I'm going on an adventure!" as if it was the plainest thing in the whole world. It's 5 acres and we like it.

I asked about the "house" a ramshackle juryrigged 1960's mobile home, and the agent said he wasn't sure if anyone was home. So he knocked on the door, and we hear some shuffling and thumping and a wheezy "Go 'way!" issue from indoors, and then as we retreated, the owner appeared: all 6' tall and 100 lbs with nicely combed long dirty grey hair and no front teeth. A cloud of urine smell wafted gently from the front door and out into the soft summer air.

The agent is trying to assure us that a certificate is pending from the city re the moblie home's habitability, and the old crazy guy's waving his arms around going, "NOPE! No way! This building's a s**thole! It's fallin' down around me! It's a goner all right! Just tear it out! That's what ya do! Ferget the certificate!"

And the agent is all spluttering and waving his arms and trying to downplay the wretchedness of the home, and wishing this guy'd never spoken with us. (We would plan take the vile smelly old mobile right out anyhow, so we're laughing inside, cause we know this crazy old guy's right about how squalid his place was.)

Hmmmm. Who knows what will happen?
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:49 pm

:) Hope if you do buy it the old guy doesn't come with it.

Our first house was a fairly decrepit two-family with a weird lady in the upstairs apt. She left, but we were stuck with her cats of unknown age, both of whom she called "Cookie." Both of whom had gotten into the habit of peeing in the attic insulation. We renamed them Fernando Lamas and Ricardo Montalban and introduced them to real litter, but we definitely had to keep the attic door closed.

Ricardo is still with us. He enjoys a nice evening with Enterprise videos too:

Image.Image

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:57 pm

:) :) :) :D
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:36 pm

When we had the inspection done for the house we now live in, it was being rented out to a husband and wife. The wife was sweet and chatty, and her husband stalked around glaring and ignoring us. He refused to adjust his schedule in any way for our presence so he took a shower while the inspector waited to inspect the bathroom then came stalking out with a towel wrapped around his waist. I don't think he bothered to get dressed right away either. He ran another real estate agent or inspector off the property because he arrived a little before the appointed hour. The renter had a huge gun collection in one of the bedrooms. Oh well . . .
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:19 pm

I'm sure your house has much better karma now. And I bet your neighbors were awfully glad to see that back of that pendejo. You're not even supposed to be around during a home inspection.

When we were first househunting in NJ we ran into many odd situations. Mostly very weird illegally-configured property, but we were also chased off one property because it was the sabbath (of course the real estate agent was at fault there and didn't help his case by employing an ethnic slur). Another time we were following a real estate agent in our car in deep snow and he disappeared on us ... and we never heard from him again. We never knew if he was too embarrassed about losing us or just decided we were wasting his time. When you finally do find a really good real estate agent it's just so wonderful -- you wonder how the other ones can even stay in business.

On the other hand, it must take enormous patience to be a real estate agent, especially with under-financed first-time homebuyers like we were at the time.
Image.Image

Drogna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Drogna » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:36 pm

After taking the advice of various people (some of which are on this very board), and during the first fanfic writing break I've ever had, I finally started writing a novel. So far I have one chapter. That's certainly better than nothing. Who knows, I might even finish it! :lol: Only time will tell.
Work in Progress:
Number Theory - Desert Rose Universe
Recently Completed:
Songs in Red and Grey - Special Projects Series
Blood, Sweat and Tears - Stand Alone

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:54 am

Good luck! Have fun with it and just keep writing. You'll get there. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:58 am

enterprikayak wrote:Have you been wearing the same jeans for all that time? :D

Priso and Aureilia and I went out to see some more land today. There were 2 small horses and Aureilia and I went over and fed them some grass. She ran all over the place, and when she got too far away I called to her, "Aureilia! Where are you going?" and she looked back at me quizzically and called back, "I'm going on an adventure!" as if it was the plainest thing in the whole world. It's 5 acres and we like it.

I asked about the "house" a ramshackle juryrigged 1960's mobile home, and the agent said he wasn't sure if anyone was home. So he knocked on the door, and we hear some shuffling and thumping and a wheezy "Go 'way!" issue from indoors, and then as we retreated, the owner appeared: all 6' tall and 100 lbs with nicely combed long dirty grey hair and no front teeth. A cloud of urine smell wafted gently from the front door and out into the soft summer air.

The agent is trying to assure us that a certificate is pending from the city re the moblie home's habitability, and the old crazy guy's waving his arms around going, "NOPE! No way! This building's a s**thole! It's fallin' down around me! It's a goner all right! Just tear it out! That's what ya do! Ferget the certificate!"

And the agent is all spluttering and waving his arms and trying to downplay the wretchedness of the home, and wishing this guy'd never spoken with us. (We would plan take the vile smelly old mobile right out anyhow, so we're laughing inside, cause we know this crazy old guy's right about how squalid his place was.)

Hmmmm. Who knows what will happen?

Sounds like awesome property. Yeah. I'd find someone who would blow up the mobile home just so I could watch, and then afterward I would suddenly realize I now had to pick up tooth-pick sized debris from a moldy, pissy 50 yr old mobile home strewn across 5 acres... and then I'd be mad at myself, but happy with my exploding YouTube video :)
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:25 am

Sold 48 pairs of earrings! :happyjump:
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:24 am

I had a great conversation with a beautiful, charming woman, I think that's something to be happy about.

She doesn't wanna have like 10,000 of my babies or anything, but, ya know, one day at a time.
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:27 am

Elessar, you're been busy these last days :lol:

evcake wrote:Sold 48 pairs of earrings! :happyjump:

Congratulations! Were they beautiful?

Drogna wrote:After taking the advice of various people (some of which are on this very board), and during the first fanfic writing break I've ever had, I finally started writing a novel. So far I have one chapter. That's certainly better than nothing. Who knows, I might even finish it! :lol: Only time will tell.

Nil desperandum, nil desperandum 8)

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"
"Yes, miss. Lawyers, miss."

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:46 am

Elessar wrote:I had a great conversation with a beautiful, charming woman, I think that's something to be happy about.

She doesn't wanna have like 10,000 of my babies or anything, but, ya know, one day at a time.

:)
Image.Image

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:27 am

Elessar wrote: and then I'd be mad at myself, but happy with my exploding YouTube video :)
:guffaw: I can absolutely see something like that getting 100,00 views in a couple of days...

Return to “General Chat”