Very curious

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Shakabutt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Very curious

Postby Shakabutt » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:33 pm

Hey guys ,i saw something on ther BBS that made me extremly curious .
A poster implied that Braga had an affair with Jolene ,and that lead up to being brushed away from ENT in season 4 .
And its not the first time i saw somebody saying this ,Braga and Jolene i mean .

Is it true ? are there any articles or interviews to support these rumors ? :shock:

blacknblue
Site Admin

Re: Very curious

Postby blacknblue » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:48 pm

Never heard that one before. Surely not. Say it ain't so! Please!

:upchuck:
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby CoffeeCat » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:55 pm

Braga had a relationship with Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine) during Voyager's run. I think they might have gotten the idea from that. I also think, based on interviews I've read with Joleen, that she's way to smart to bother with him. I'm going to have to say I don't believe that claim and I think someone is just trying to stir up controversy. Besides, if she were involved, it would be talked about all over the place like it was with Jeri.
Writing as TrekPyro.

Shakabutt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Shakabutt » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:59 pm

Aparantelly the guy who made the post PM back with an explanation ,he says he worked on the crew or something like that .

He said that Braga tried to make the move on Jolene ,and she complained to the management and said that she would not work with him on the same set again .That got him booted in season 4 and allowed for Manny to step up .

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:03 pm

If true, I only wish it had happened in Season One.
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

Shakabutt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Shakabutt » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:08 pm

If its true ,i think it would explain Jolene's attitude towards the show at the end of season 3.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:21 pm

Tell you what, I wouldn't be surprised if his 'dating' thing with Jeri Ryan is evidence of a pattern of behavior that A. he hits on women at work and/or B. goes after the model types and/or C. tries to take advantage of his status as an authority figure on the set to get with women that he casts. I would also be REALLY disappointed if Jolene even gave that little wormy, no-talent hack the time of DAY, even before she married Rapino.

I would really really hope that if she slept with ANYONE on the set before she got married, that it was AT LEAST Connor :lol: .

But I would find it hilarious if she did complain to someone higher up about his advances :lol:
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Shakabutt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Shakabutt » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:51 pm

Okay .....we are threading on dangerous actor shippy ground here :) ,not good 8)

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:54 pm

Shakabutt wrote:He said that Braga tried to make the move on Jolene ,and she complained to the management and said that she would not work with him on the same set again .That got him booted in season 4 and allowed for Manny to step up .

That's the rumour I've heard too. Jolene did not have an affair with Braga, but Braga wished that they had.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Shakabutt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Shakabutt » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:01 pm

And another rumor ,this is supposed to be from somebody on the writing staff .

Phillys Strong had the hots for Connor ,and she got fired for that because her affection for him got a little out of hand .

God,i think there was more drama on the set than on the actuall show :shock:

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:51 pm

There are some people on another BBS who seem to think Scott Bakula and Jolene Blalock are secretly in love with each other too. :roll: Supposedly they got their information from a staff member too.

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:46 am

I don't believe any of it.
Writing as TrekPyro.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:54 am

I wouldn't be surprised if some of this goes on between SINGLE cast members, but actors are also professionals and I seriously doubt someone with a family and 4 kids (bakula) is going to screw around with a girl on the set.

Who was Phyllis Strong?

by the way, I dind't mean to tread on "shippy" territory, hehehe, I'm JUST sayin, if anybody's gettin it on, might as well be our TWO, right? :lol:

You just have to look at the Stargate set to see that people are gettin it on... Michael Shanks had a daughter with the Brazilian model that played Shar'e his wife, and then actually married and had a kid with the new doctor, Lexa Doig.
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:01 am

^ Absolutely NOT. Connor is a married man and I'd be very disappointed in him if he were to cheat on his wife. You sound like an AinTer.
Writing as TrekPyro.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:09 am

that's what I said. I said no. I said before they were married, I said that earlier. Early Season 1 woulda been before they were married, I believe.

Take it easy, just calm down :)

--On second glance I didn't say that - but that's what I meant. I said "before she got married' referring to Jolene, but I think Connor and her got married around the same time, both in S1, I believe. Obviously I wouldn't say that! :tsktsk:
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Return to “General Chat”